Saving Lives of Illegal Immigrants Trying to Cross the All American Canal

I'm not buying that, The Infidel. I do not for one moment believe that you'd stand idly by and watch anyone drown if you could save them. I understand the frustration, but your post reads like hyperbole.

and what is that effective way?

isn't their a way to enforce immigration laws without being inhumane?

the only ways I know that would work is a combination of:

1) securing the border, which means armed guards and not implementing stuff to help people cross

2) strictly punishing companies that hire illegals, but that would be a huge strain on businesses as they were harassed / tested and more government bureaucracy. there is also no existing legal framework for it

i think punishing companies that hire illegals is the way to go. but the right will never do it as they want the cheap labor.

isn't their a way to enforce immigration laws without being inhumane?

1) securing the border, which means armed guards and not implementing stuff to help people cross

2) strictly punishing companies that hire illegals, but that would be a huge strain on businesses as they were harassed / tested and more government bureaucracy. there is also no existing legal framework for it

i think punishing companies that hire illegals is the way to go. but the right will never do it as they want the cheap labor.

I agree. And HEFTY fines and jail time at that! The punishment for being caught with an illegal worker needs to be such a risk that it makes not worth it to hire them.

I agree. And HEFTY fines and jail time at that! The punishment for being caught with an illegal worker needs to be such a risk that it makes not worth it to hire them.

It's not fair to those playing by the rules that get played with people with false or forged documents. The Government needs to be held accountable for those that they allow to play the system and those that enable them. The Fed's are stacking the deck, all the time wanting more for doing less. They obstruct others that do what they refuse to and have a list of excuses why we should support them doing little or nothing.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Reading some of these responses I've learned something I didn't know yesterday.

I didn't realize that crossing into the US illegally was a crime punishable by death.

wtf should we help illegals cross for? put sharks in the water tbh

Because it is the humane, and the right, thing to do?

Notice - Mr. Hunter is also in favor of scooping them up as soon as they cross, and sending 'em right back. Surely, that would be all right with you, as opposed to death by drowning, right?

Wouldn't a Compassionate Conservative hold to such a view?

And how many illegals have you humanely invited to share your home, George?

I didn't realize that crossing into the US illegally was a crime punishable by death.

Drowning is drowning. Touching the third rail is electrocution, both results of cause and effect. To walk away from a situation where you can make a difference, to just stand there and watch, pathetic, and yet more common than you would think. Blaming the USA because people drown trying to gain illegal entrance, also pathetic. I'd support a canal from Brownsville Texas to the Pacific at this point.

Here's my plan, all points to run simultaneously:

1. Deport illegals whenever they're found.

2. Punish employers who knowingly hire illegals.

3. Strengthen the border.

4. Require proof of legal presence before money can be wired overseas. This will eliminate much of the attraction for coming here illegally in the first place.

4. Require proof of legal presence before money can be wired overseas. This will eliminate much of the attraction for coming here illegally in the first place.

5. Arrest Anyone and Everyone involved in providing False Documentation, Social Security Cards, Voter Registration, and Voter Fraud. Make it a Felony if it is not already, and enforce it. Make a new law that it is a Federal Crime for Federal Employee's to obstruct the Rule of Law. Penalty, to include loss of pension and benefits, if convicted.

I agree with all of this.

Notice - Mr. Hunter is also in favor of scooping them up as soon as they cross, and sending 'em right back. Surely, that would be all right with you, as opposed to death by drowning, right?

Humane. Rhymes with inane. Which brings me to your post here . . .

5. Arrest Anyone and Everyone involved in providing False Documentation, Social Security Cards, Voter Registration, and Voter Fraud. Make it a Felony if it is not already, and enforce it. Make a new law that it is a Federal Crime for Federal Employee's to obstruct the Rule of Law. Penalty, to include loss of pension and benefits, if convicted.
Indeed. :clap2:

I agree with all of this.

:beer:

Humane. Rhymes with inane. Which brings me to your post here . . .
Ahhh...so compassion is only for the other guy. Got it.

Liberals sure are generous. They'll give you the shirt off someone else's back.

Neither is playing hopscotch on the Interstate, but you should know the risks. It's not Dwight Eisenhower's fault if a semi runs over you.

American Canal is doing the job our government and ICE refuse to do.
No one is forcing illegal aliens to cross the American Canal and losing their lives.
Why should we have to pay to make the canal safe for them to cross, when crossing is illegal?
Are we not trying to stop illegal crossings?

"Watery Death Zone" Warning
Government Making It Safer

PHOENIX -- The United States is taking action to make the All American Canal less deadly to illegal immigrants who attempt to use the waterway as a path to America.

"Watery Death Zone" Warning - Phoenix News Story - KPHO Phoenix

[

And what would the Sharks be for..killing people?

Are "illegals" less then human?

No, but they probably taste like tacos.

Sharks like tacos.

taco_man.gif

Forum List

Back