Santorum Says Gay Parents Worse Than Convicts

R

rdean

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSQQK2Vuf9Q]Zach Wahls Speaks About Family - YouTube[/ame]

Santorum claimed to quote an anti-poverty expert while explaining his case.

"He found that even fathers in jail who had abandoned their kids were still better than no father at all to have in their children's lives," Santorum told voters about the researcher, according to the Times.

Santorum Says Gay Parents Worse Than Convicts | News

Someone once told me that Santorum said gays caused the "Holocaust". Is that true?

Why all the hate?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNxpS1GHsA8]Rick Santorum: 'I Have Gay Friends And I Respect Their Decision', They 'Have To Respect Me!' - YouTube[/ame]

Does anyone believe this guy has gay friends?

The concept of Santorum having gay friends is no more unbelievable that the concept of you having any friends whatsoever. I may struggle with either concept, but it is likely that both are true.

Sweater vest?
I do believe Sancto has made his position clear. His 100 million family research REVEALED this to him. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............below Newt? Tough choice......................

rdean? He is running for the REPUBLICAN nomination. Such absurd remarks are REQUIRED; except for Paul, who seems to have joined in, oddly enough. And to throw a wrench in, I know some parents who did go to prison, and did all that was possible to remain PARENTS.

"He found that even fathers in jail who had abandoned their kids were still better than no father at all to have in their children's lives," Santorum told voters about the researcher, according to the Times.

Where is he saying anything about gay parents being worse than having convict parents? He said "no father", not "gay father".

Here is the original news article:
Rick Santorum focuses on gay marriage - Los Angeles Times

For the second time in as many days, Rick Santorum waded into the issue of gay marriage, suggesting it was so important for children to have both a father and mother that an imprisoned father was preferable to a same-sex parent.

That sentence doesn't even make any grammatical sense!

It is also two months old.

Last edited:
There is no quote from Santorum saying having a convict father is better than having a gay father. He is quoted as saying having a convict father is better than having NO father.

I think the writer of the article may have been smoking some reefer.

Santorum Says Gay Parents Worse Than Convicts
.....And, reels-in.....

..."CRAZY JOE" FARAH!!!!

joseph-farah.gif

"Farah is also known for blaming earthquakes, hurricanes, and the Penn State sex scandal, among other things, on the growing acceptance of homosexuality."

This is why I voted for Santorum in the primary. Every time he opens his mouth liberals' tiny heads explode. That has to mean he is doing something right.

There is no quote from Santorum saying having a convict father is better than having a gay father. He is quoted as saying having a convict father is better than having NO father.

I think the writer of the article may have been smoking some reefer.

I can only imagine that the writer was referencing female gay couples as parents; they would have been better off using the word lesbian so it was clearer, I suppose.

Zach Wahls Speaks About Family - YouTube

Santorum Says Gay Parents Worse Than Convicts | News

Someone once told me that Santorum said gays caused the "Holocaust". Is that true?

Why all the hate?

Rick Santorum: 'I Have Gay Friends And I Respect Their Decision', They 'Have To Respect Me!' - YouTube

Does anyone believe this guy has gay friends?

You seem to hate... You don't like the guy, don't vote for him. He DOES have the right to voice his opinions though. Or do you disagree?

Oh, and I think he's a nut. He has a right to be.

This is why I voted for Santorum in the primary. Every time he opens his mouth liberals' tiny heads explode. That has to mean he is doing something right.

An excellent way to run your decision making processes. Oh, did I mention that you not walking off a high cliff makes liberal heads explode? Get right on that.

An excellent way to run your decision making processes. Oh, did I mention that you not walking off a high cliff makes liberal heads explode? Get right on that.

I didnt walk off a high cliff today. Waiting for the boom.
None of these jokers are conservatives. But Santorum is close enough in that he presents some pretty interesting thoughts. Thoughts that libs just can't process because it short circuits all their firmly held beliefs. Who would say in this day and age that voters rather than judges really ought to decide policy? It makes their tiny heads go boom.

It's clear that the LA Times has an agenda but what do we do when they cross the line from reporting to fiction? It's easy to find out that Santorum didn't say what the LA Times reported and the unflattering photo of the candidate had nothing to do with the story. Santorum said "fathers in jail were better than no fathers at all". The LA times added the words "who abandoned their kids" after the words "fathers in jail". Santorum never connected the children of homosexual relationships to convicts in jail. The LA times took two different statements and combined them to create a story that didn't exist. It's business as usual for the Temes but in an environment that wants to put Rush Limbaugh out of business it becomes an ironic reminder of how bad the media can be.

From Sancto:

For the second time in as many days, Rick Santorum waded into the issue of gay marriage, suggesting it was so important for children to have both a father and mother that an imprisoned father was preferable to a same-sex parent.

Rick Santorum: An article in the Jan. 7 Section A about the New Hampshire primary reported that GOP candidate Rick Santorum said in 2005 that gay marriage is no different from "man on child, man on dog, or whatever the case may be." He said this in an interview with the Associated Press in 2003. A Los Angeles Times article on Oct. 2, 2011, also gave the incorrect 2005 date.
Obviously, children whose fathers die are also DOOMED, using his "logic". Like Newt has said in the past, ORPHANAGES are cheaper than foster HOMES. I gather Sancto would prefer letting children live on the streets, eating out of garbage cans* that have them in a loving home with a gay parent(s).

*I know of three foster children who were doing just that after father went to prison, and mother was so hooked on crack, her earnings from prostitution were not allocated for FOOD for the children.

Forum List

Back