Santorum CORRUPT--used EARMARKS in pay to play for campaign donations.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oreo, Feb 11, 2012.

1. oreo

oreo Senior Member Supporting Member

Ratings:
    +1,254 / 0 / -0
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2012
  2. bassho

bassho Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    What's that old saying? Something like: "the lesser of the evils". That's really the only choice there's ever been. Right now, any of the republican candidates would be a better choice than Obama. It's time to send him packing.
  3. Matthew

Matthew Blue dog all the way!

Ratings:
    +1,962 / 73 / -0
    Santorum=George W Bush II
  4. oreo

Ratings:
    +1,254 / 0 / -0

You're not going to send Obama packing with Rick Santorum as our nominee. Santorum is ONLY conservative on SOCIAL ISSUES--which is way too far right to attract women voters.

Santorum is against abortion--even in the instance of a woman that gets brutally attacked (lucky to be alive) instances of rape and the young girl that was assaulted by a relative. Even conservative pro-life women understand these circumstances--and would vote against him.

His remarks toward gays in this country is way-way over the top--in one recent comment referring to bestiality. There are many conservative republican and independent households in this country that have gays in their families and or have friends that are gay that find Santorum's comments just as offensive as gays do.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtHkDDqexHs]Santorum: No Rape or Incest Exceptions - YouTube[/ame]
  5. oreo

Ratings:
    +1,254 / 0 / -0
    Santorum is much-much worse than G.W. Bush ever thought of being.
  6. Grampa Murked U

Grampa Murked U Gold Member

Ratings:
    +4,678 / 44 / -0
    You're really pissed that Newt went down in flames huh?

All you've pointed out here is how broken our system is. Santorum is no different than any other politician in his abuse of the system. It is bad, but they all do it and it is legal.
  7. oreo

Ratings:
    +1,254 / 0 / -0

No, I am not pissed--I am pissed that people are stupid enough to vote for a candidate that has absolutely NO CHANCE of beating Barack Obama--out of stupidity--and I will give you an example of why I know that.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014
  8. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 USMB Mod Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,682 / 5 / -0
    You have some freakin audacity to accuse Santorum of being corrupt while supporting NEWT.
  9. oreo

Ratings:
    +1,254 / 0 / -0

You show me a record of when Newt Gingrich used EARMARKS in pay for play? He has the only PROVEN record of CUTTING the Federal budget for 4 consecutive years in a row--and being able to work with Bill Clinton in doing it--which left us with a projected budget surplus.
    That is his record.

Compare that with Santorum's voting record.
    http://www.redstate.com/erick/2012/01/06/what-a-big-government-conservative-looks-like/
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  10. Grampa Murked U

Ratings:
    +4,678 / 44 / -0
    let's be real here. Many people said the same thing about Newt not being able to beat Obama. Now you're simply playing the same game.

And he can beat Obama. Any of our candidates can.

New poll: Santorum beats Obama « The Deacon's Bench

Elections are about perceptions and it is plenty early for any of our candidates to shape the minds and perceptions of the undeclared voters. And that's where every election is decided.

You seem more like Newt to me, just getting even for perceived wrongs. Newt sank his own boat. Deal with it or be perpetually pissed.
  11. oreo

Ratings:
    +1,254 / 0 / -0

Santorum cannot beat Barack Obama--it was proven in conservative districts of Colorado--those are the facts of what happened in the mid-term election of 2010 there. Same type candidate--one race that was republicans to lose managed to do it with a too far right on social issues candidate.

Here Santorum on video--telling WOMEN - victims of rape and incest--how they're going to feel if they get an abortion--LOL "It will traumatize them." WTF--a man telling a woman how she is going to feel after some guy brutally beat her up--held a gun or knife to their heads--(lucky to be alive)--and this MORON is trying to tell them how they're going to be "traumatized"--you've got to be freaking joking right!
    http://www.rawstory.com/rawreplay/2011/08/santorum-abortions-only-traumatize-rape-victims/

Now if you cannot convince conservative pro-life women of your too far right stance--prohibiting abortions to victims of rape or incest---how do you think it will go over with women all over this country in November 2012?--- :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  12. Grampa Murked U

Ratings:
    +4,678 / 44 / -0
    The left will try to make it an issue, just like you are right now. The difference is "open minded" voters that want the truth will listen to Santorums own words. Just like today on meet the press. He was quite clear that his own personal views are just that, personal views. He has 0 intention of trying to impose his personal views on everyone else. He is watching Obama do that right now and we've all seen the resulting reversal this week. This election will be a referendum on Obamas policies. Obama will try to divert to nonsensical issues like this one but will only be successful if he has help from our own party fighting amongst themselves. Besides that you know damn well that only congress can pass laws that further restrict abortion and that isn't going to happen.

Aim your fucking ammo where its needed. Don't like samtorum? Fair enough vote for Romney. Problem solved. I have yet to decide who I want to win but tearing one down to raise another is counter productive.

Abortion will only be an issue for the extremes of both parties.
  13. GoneBezerk

GoneBezerk BANNED

Ratings:
    +491 / 0 / -0
    I hope there's dirt on Santorum since too many people are being duped that he can beat Obamination.

There are Republicans that won't vote for Romney over his religion. As a Protestant I could care less about his weird religion, I just care about his experience and promises to overturn what Obamination has done in 4 years.

Also, Romney will win over the moderate vote that picked Obamination last time, they most likely won't vote at all if Santorum is the nominee.
  14. oreo

Ratings:
    +1,254 / 0 / -0
    IT IS AN ISSUE: Conservative candidates can be pro-life like many democrats are. But when they go OVER THE TOP--on things that the overwhelming majority of women including conservative pro-life women-cannot support--THEY LOSE. That was proven in Colorado in a very conservative district--home to Focus on the Family in the 2010 midterm election cycle.

Rick Santorum--brings FAMILY VALUES up at every single debate & is often boooed over a lot of his stances. No one needs to bring it up to him.--LOL
  15. FuelRod

FuelRod Senior Member

Ratings:
    +911 / 0 / -0
    Those investments seem alot more productive than the current administration's "stimulus" that funded studies of chimp masterbation and some other crazy stuff.
  16. Grampa Murked U

Ratings:
    +4,678 / 44 / -0
    What part of his comment that its his personal belief and not his public policy stance did you not understand?
  17. oreo

Ratings:
    +1,254 / 0 / -0

Yeah--there is corruption and government waste at every corner in the Federal Government--but I really don't think we want to send someone up there that has a WRITTEN history of it--:lol::lol:

Rick Santorum on video bashing the Tea Party Movement 2 years ago.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEeHDCsetLc]Santorum against the Tea-Party (Big Surprise huh) - YouTube[/ame]

His campaign put out a statement that Santorum was the Tea Party before the Tea Party existed---:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Here is Santorum's voting record which is probably why he was against the Tea Party movement--titled what a BIG GOVERNMENT CONSERVATIVE LOOKS LIKE.

What A Big Government Conservative Looks Like | RedState

SANTORUM has also spent the last many years as a LOBBYIST in Washington D.C.

http://www.rollcall.com/news/former...elps_santorum_in_south_carolina-211379-1.html

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/ja...s-santorum-as-biggovernment-lobbyist-20120107
  18. oreo

Ratings:
    +1,254 / 0 / -0
    Well maybe you should ask Senate republican candidate Ken Buck who lost the conservative pro-life female vote that--because it was also his personal opinion?

THE POTUS chooses supreme court justices--based on his PERSONAL OPINION of the way things should be--DA--DUH--which makes it even worse than what Buck went through.

I think you've been on this board long enough to know that. Some debate is going to come up--where Santorum will be asked about what he would look for in a Supreme court justice--and at that time he is going to offend women all across this country. IOW--the only possibly way Santorum wins in this country--is if women can't vote.

I also don't think there are too many husbands or boyfriends in this country that would agree to their wives or girlfriends--(not taking the morning after pill) *if they were violently raped by some unknown monster. *So Rick Santorum's personal opinion--objecting to abortions--in cases of rape and incest--holds no water with men either.

Like I have repeatedly told you--CONSERVATIVE PRO-LIFE WOMEN--understand why a victim of a brutal rape or a young girl who has been assaulted by a relative should be able to get an abortion-aka (the morning after pill)----Rick Santorum doesn't. Maybe if he were beaten within an inch of his life--raped--and had something shoved up his behind--and a woman was telling him he had to keep it in for 9 months-because of her too far right religious beliefs---(while he was trying to put his life back in order) & then give birth to it--maybe he would understand?
  19. oreo

Ratings:
    +1,254 / 0 / -0
    I see you still have not come up with some links regarding Gingrich using pay for play?
  20. Grampa Murked U

Ratings:
    +4,678 / 44 / -0
    And like I have told you and everyone else on this board. I don't care about social issues. Our country needs leadership and some gay or abortion issue isn't going to prevent me from voting for a leader. Besides, as I mentioned santorum could believe in forced pregnancies and it wouldn't mater without a willing congress to approve his agenda or appointees.

Case closed in my book.