Santions still hurt USC

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
Are talked about as being in the mix in the NC hunt for 2012.

No freaking way.

Too thin.

They will wear down and be lucky to finish 9-4.

Oregon should be the favs in the Pac 12, with Washington being a darkhorse.

UCLA blow.

They are a minor leaguesports city - even with 2 basketball teams, 2 baseball teams hockey etc

but they dont havetheNFL - thought the Chargers are 100 mi away

No freaking way.

Too thin.

They have the best arguably the best QB in the country, or at least he is in the top 2 or 3. They have a tough defense and a good offense. I see them playing for the BCS Championship. The question is which SEC team gets to beat them to make it 7 in a row.

BTW, the Trojan's best weapon is their defense. Monte Kiffin is a freakin genius of that side of the ball.

USC needs to survive the New York College Classic against the rising Orangemen of Syracuse before worrying about the BCS championship.

I think USC will take Syracuse by at least 2 TDs, if not more.

I don't see many significant threats on USC's schedule besides Oregon. I think, unless they have a catastrophic injury, USC will be undefeated at the end of the season and in the BCS big game.

USC will be favored by 17 or so against 'Cuse.

Looking at their schedule.

If Barkley stays healthy and the Jet lagged Trojans, (who will be looking ahead of the Orangemen taking the game for granted) survive the Meadowlands,

Then I agree they can definitely run the table.

Last edited:
USC probably has the 3 best offensive players in the country in Barkley, Woods and Lee. Adding Silas Redd , a top 5 running back, makes them ridiculous. If they stay healthy they are the best team in the country. Depth could pose a problem if injuries occur.

USC probably has the 3 best offensive players in the country in Barkley, Woods and Lee. Adding Silas Redd , a top 5 running back, makes them ridiculous. If they stay healthy they are the best team in the country. Depth could pose a problem if injuries occur.

And unlike many offenive powerhouses, they can play defense as well. I think they have a shot at being the first non-SEC team to win the BCS Championship since Texas won it ibn 2005.

And unlike many offenive powerhouses, they can play defense as well. I think they have a shot at being the first non-SEC team to win the BCS Championship since Texas won it ibn 2005.

I agree they will be tough. I think some of those other USC teams (2008) could have won as well.

I hate to say it,

but I could see USC losing that Notre Dame game too if the trojans are banged up by the end of the season

It drives me up the wall as I despise ND but they are on the rise with Kelly and still recruit incredibly well despite their mediocrity for almost a decade.

USC has no depth due to the sanctions.

The preseason AP #1 rankng is a joke.

USC has no depth due to the sanctions.

The preseason AP #1 rankng is a joke.

Preseason rankings are a joke in general. They are okay as long as you don't have to abide by them throughout the season. Just because one team is ahead of a team at a certain point doesn't mean they shouldn't get jumped even if they don't lose.

The preseason rankings are always suspect. They rely too much on the previous year.

That said, I think USC is a top 5 team. Yes, they lack depth. But with the balanced attack on offense, they spread the hits round more.

If they can avoid injury, I can see them playing an SEC team for the national championship.

Wait until they get off of the sanctions.

LA won't need an NFL team.

So Calif actually has the Chargers...............

If it werent for the Chargers a mere 100 miles away - LA fans would not so non-chalant about an NFL team.

Wait until they get off of the sanctions.

LA won't need an NFL team.

So Calif actually has the Chargers...............

If it werent for the Chargers a mere 100 miles away - LA fans would not so non-chalant about an NFL team.

When they get cl of all the sanctions we'll see how they do in the playoff system.

No freaking way.

Too thin.

They have the best arguably the best QB in the country, or at least he is in the top 2 or 3. They have a tough defense and a good offense. I see them playing for the BCS Championship. The question is which SEC team gets to beat them to make it 7 in a row.

BTW, the Trojan's best weapon is their defense. Monte Kiffin is a freakin genius of that side of the ball.
The Trojan defense won the Spring Game last April by 3.

Full disclosure: Robert Woods didn't play.

After Week Three's game at Stanford, we should all have a better idea of Trojan prospects this year.

They have the best probably the best QB in the nation, or at least he is in the top 2 or 3. They have a challenging protection and a excellent felony. I see them enjoying for the BCS Title. The query is which SEC group gets to defeat them to create it 7 in a row.....

I don't think "felonies" will factor in as much as arrogance.
Trojan football has often been undone by having too great a sense of your own importance or abilities.
I'm expecting the Bruins to get revenge for last year's 50-0 humiliation.
That would be almost felonious if it turns out to be the Trojans second loss of the regular season.
Stay tuned.

Forum List

Back