Sandra Day O'Connor: Obama should name Scalia's replacement

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
Getting interesting

Washington (CNN)Retired Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor says President Barack Obama should name Antonin Scalia's replacement.

O'Connor, a nominee of President Ronald Reagan who became the court's swing vote until she retired from the bench in 2006, broke with Republicans who say they plan to block Obama's nominee, and want his successor to name the next justice.

Sandra Day O'Connor: Obama should name Scalia's replacement - CNNPolitics.com

Getting interesting

Washington (CNN)Retired Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor says President Barack Obama should name Antonin Scalia's replacement.

O'Connor, a nominee of President Ronald Reagan who became the court's swing vote until she retired from the bench in 2006, broke with Republicans who say they plan to block Obama's nominee, and want his successor to name the next justice.

But...but....but she is a woman....If the GOP refuses to grant a hearing to an Obama nominee, they will be damned by huge segments of the voting population. So....GO FOR IT MITCH!

"Lighten up, Sandy baby!"

Nothing is stopping him.
Billy, your bias is showing. O'Connor is probably cited because she is the only Republican to hold that view and you think she should 'lighten up'? Scalia wasn't even cold yet before your hero Mitch declared his intent to halt the normal process of nomination. Although I personally find glee in the McConnell statements because it will embolden Democrats, I also admire Justice O'Connor as much as I did when she was on the bench.

Getting interesting

But...but....but she is a woman....If the GOP refuses to grant a hearing to an Obama nominee, they will be damned by huge segments of the voting population. So....GO FOR IT MITCH!
Don't worry pal.
The Senate is going to stand firm.
The word has gone out to every REP Senator. "Stand firm and no matter what happens to you the REP party will take care of you politically and financially".
Any REP Senator who was a bit wobbly at first is now 100% on board.
Obama treated the REP Senators and Congressmen with disdain and contempt since the day he took office. Just like a LIB 'professor' looking down his nose at all the 'stupid' REP student in his classroom.
It's fucking payback time!
The most important thing Obama could have done in his presidency was to shape America for the next couple of decades with a LIB controlled SC and he fucking FAILED!
Failure is Obama's legacy.
I bet the DNC is proud of Debbie telling Biden and Warren to get lost!

Nothing is stopping him.
Billy, your bias is showing.

Nah. I brush off Republican stupidity as easily as that of Democrats. Nothing is preventing Obama from naming a replacement.

Impress me without googling, and I'll know if you did. Who famously told Sandy to "lighten up?"
[/QUOTE]
Wise up pal. All Obama can do is 'nominate' a replacement. After he does that here is literally nothing he can do to actually force his nomination onto the bench.
Obama has gotten used to 'bullying' his way in DC.
Washington's version of 'Big Mike' has hit a brick wall this time.
Karma has an even bigger dick then Obama's tranny wife.

Nothing is stopping him.

Nah. I brush off Republican stupidity as easily as that of Democrats. Nothing is preventing Obama from naming a replacement.

Impress me without googling, and I'll know if you did. Who famously told Sandy to "lighten up?"
Wise up pal. All Obama can do is 'nominate' a replacement. After he does that here is literally nothing he can do to actually force his nomination onto the bench.
Obama has gotten used to 'bullying' his way in DC.
Washington's version of 'Big Mike' has hit a brick wall this time.
Karma has an even bigger dick then Obama's tranny wife.[/QUOTE]
"Bullying"? "Tranny wife"? Sheesh!

Already wise, pal. I spent half a thread explaining that very point to the cerebrally-deficient here.

Nothing is stopping him.

[/QUOTE]
Hadn't the foggiest idea..so I cheated and found this. The woman has a lot of class:
The oral history of John Riggins' boozy night with a Supreme Court justice

Nothing is stopping him.

Hadn't the foggiest idea..so I cheated and found this. The woman has a lot of class:
The oral history of John Riggins' boozy night with a Supreme Court justice[/QUOTE]

John was a trip. I had met him at the "DUNE" premiere in DC a month before. It was all perfectly in character.

Getting interesting

Already 6 other threads on this Navin

Getting interesting

Don't worry pal.
The Senate is going to stand firm.
The word has gone out to every REP Senator. "Stand firm and no matter what happens to you the REP party will take care of you politically and financially".
Any REP Senator who was a bit wobbly at first is now 100% on board.
Obama treated the REP Senators and Congressmen with disdain and contempt since the day he took office. Just like a LIB 'professor' looking down his nose at all the 'stupid' REP student in his classroom.
It's fucking payback time!
The most important thing Obama could have done in his presidency was to shape America for the next couple of decades with a LIB controlled SC and he fucking FAILED!
Failure is Obama's legacy.
I bet the DNC is proud of Debbie telling Biden and Warren to get lost!

So they get an Ultra Liberal in 2017. Sounds like a Plan!

Forum List

Back