San Francisco Bans Tobacco Sales At Pharmacies

Doesn't surprise me. Most groceries stores and Pharmacies throughout the state have not been selling them for quite awhile now.

Nothing new. Just local government getting their name into the news again. :eusa_whistle:

But they haven't banned oxycoten, right?

Our world has gone crazy

Well, you need to take the oxycoten to get over your craving of cigs you couldn't get at the pharmacies.

Now, do you think they could ban reality shows?

I hear about things like this, and I wonder why Liberals think we are WACKO when we say liberals want to control every aspect of our lives.

I hear about things like this, and I wonder why Liberals think we are WACKO when we say liberals want to control every aspect of our lives.

Now Charles, where in the article (that is posted ) does it say "liberals" made this law? I went back to read it again, just to see where you saw that.

Funny, I didn't see it anywhere in the article.

I did see this though:

The city's ban was supported by numerous anti-smoking and health advocacy groups, including the California Medical Association and the American Cancer Society.

Are they the "libs" you are complaining about?

Now Charles, where in the article (that is posted ) does it say "liberals" made this law? I went back to read it again, just to see where you saw that.

Funny, I didn't see it anywhere in the article.

I did see this though:

Are they the "libs" you are complaining about?

Are you kidding me? Who do you think runs San Fran bud? Conservative Rublicans? San Fran is one of the most liberal Cities in the Nation. You need them to actualy say they are liberals to believe they are??????????? Who Cares who supported it, it is the Liberal Government of San Fran who Passed it into law. Enough said!!! :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Are you kidding me? Who do you think runs San Fran bud? Conservative Rublicans? San Fran is one of the most liberal Cities in the Nation. You need them to actualy say they are liberals to believe they are??????????? Who Cares who supported it, it is the Liberal Government of San Fran who Passed it into law. Enough said!!! :cuckoo:

Why do you hate "liberals" so much Charles?

The city's ban was supported by numerous anti-smoking and health advocacy groups, including the California Medical Association and the American Cancer Society.

Again, are these groups too "liberal" for you too?

Last edited:

:eusa_pray: Amen!!!!! :eusa_pray:

Great idea.

Why allow a product to be sold that harms people and costs everyone of us billions in healthcare costs every year?

You do realize that growing Tobacco is the backbone of several southern states economies even today, and that simply banning them out right would serioussly hurt those states right? Not to mention that Banning substances is IMO far beyond the rights of our government. Certainly at the Federal level at least. This is a big part of the reason I am against he war on Drugs. Our government should not be telling us what we can and can not do. Now matter How stupid those things are.

You do realize that growing Tobacco is the backbone of several southern states economies even today, and that simply banning them out right would serioussly hurt those states right? Not to mention that Banning substances is IMO far beyond the rights of our government. Certainly at the Federal level at least. This is a big part of the reason I am against he war on Drugs. Our government should not be telling us what we can and can not do. Now matter How stupid those things are.

The South used the same argument for keeping the slaves.

LOL OMG you are so partisan it is pointless to discuss ANYTHING with you. You constantly ignore the facts that you do not like, and cherry pick those you like.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Tobacco is a drug just like any other drug. It kills millions of Americans and costs us billions of dollars in healthcare costs. The only thing that keeps it going is the tobacco lobby which we see a lot of here in Virginia.

Great idea.

Why allow a product to be sold that harms people and costs everyone of us billions in healthcare costs every year?

do you feel that same way about ALCOHOL?

Automobiles?

Amen brother... This isn't that hard to understand... Liberals fight to make Marijuana legal but ban Cigs...LOL

I read this kind of thing and agree with you.

All I can say is we need another word for liberal, then.

Because I know far too many liberals who think this kind of thing is totally insane, too.

Just as I can separate a Republican from a neo-con, so too should we have a distinction between the wolvine in liberal's sheepskin who are basically nothing more control freaking anti-freedom notwits.

I hate those notwits at least as much as the boards conservatives do...probably more, since they claim to be liberals and I often have to rub elbows with these idiots.

Forum List

Back