Salon's Joan Walsh Alters Another Obama Quote To Make It Congruent With The Narrative

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
The New York Times did this earlier, deleting Obama's line about whether incivil debate caused the Tucson shooting -- "It did not," Obama said, fairly directly, contradicting the New York Times' Narrative.

But The Narrative is more important than a president's actual words, so the actual words had to be changed to reinforce The Narrative.

And now High Priestess of Advanced Dementia With Paranoid Complex Joan Walsh of Salon is pressed into the great duty of fixing her god's words so they agree with the prophecy.
Here's what Obama actually said:
“At a time when our discourse has become so sharply polarized, at a time when we are far too eager to lay the blame for all that ails the world at the feet of those who think differently than we do..."​
Emphasis added. Note that segment seems to be taking both right and left to task.

Here's how Joan Walsh quotes him.
At a time when our discourse has become so sharply polarized, at a time when we are far too eager to blame all that ails our world, it's important for us to pause for a moment and make sure that we're talking with each other in a way that heals, and not in a way that wounds….​
She simply omits the patch about being eager to blame "those who think differently."

And then she attempts to argue the speech was not, in fact, a rebuke of the left at all. She says:
Now conservatives are reporting that Obama's speech was meant to scold those on the left who have dared to discuss the fact that Giffords had confronted violence before her shooting: that someone dropped a gun at one of her town hall meetings, her office door was shattered after she voted for healthcare reform, and she herself told MSNBC that the cross-hairs imagery Sarah Palin used to target her might "have consequences." Obama was brilliantly fair in his remarks, and I've reproduced the relevant section above, so people can decide for themselves if he was in fact pointing fingers as he urged us not to point fingers.
But you didn't, Joanie. You specifically omitted the part where he cautions your ilk against being so eager to blame all the ills of the world on "those who think differently." So how can your tiny handful of readers actually "decide for themselves"?

Read the rest here: Ace of Spades HQ

Nothing new. Remember when Maureen Dowd altered quotes by Bush to fit her narrative.

Liberals, you how to tell they are lying? Their lips move. Or in this case, they put it in print.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Liberals are experts at lying and making the lie sound like the truth. Remember clinton? "I did not have sexuall relations with that woman." Lied to america on national t.v. Idiots.

Hmm. when I checked out the Salon link you provided I found the quote intact

“At a time when our discourse has become so sharply polarized, at a time when we are far too eager to lay the blame for all that ails the world at the feet of those who think differently than we do, it's important for us to pause for a moment and make sure that we're talking with each other in a way that heals, and not in a way that wounds….

But you are right, pundits who change a word or two of what their opponents say and then extrapolate an entire argument based upon the changed words, disgust me.

Maybe your browser fucked up the quote? Maybe your lying. Maybe they updated the article since you posted this.

Liberals are experts at lying and making the lie sound like the truth. Remember clinton? "I did not have sexuall relations with that woman." Lied to america on national t.v. Idiots.

Yeah right no Republican President ever lied to the public.

"I'm not a criminal"
"I did not trade Weapons for Hostages"
"Read My Lips"
"Right now, Iraq is expanding and improving facilities that were used for the production of biological weapons."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back