S&W CEO pretty much just broke it off in the House Oversight Committe's rear end....Dems 'to Blame' for 'Crime Wave

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/guns-house-oversight/2022/08/15/id/1083205/

Smith & Wesson fired back at the House Oversight and Reform Committee subpoena filed by Democrats, which seeks details on its modern sporting rifles (MSR), issuing a stinging rebuke of crime in Democrat-run cities with strict gun control on law-abiding citizens and "soft-on-crime policies."

"A number of politicians and their lobbying partners in the media have recently sought to disparage Smith & Wesson," CEO Mark Smith wrote in a statement Monday. "Some have had the audacity to suggest that after they have vilified, undermined and defunded law enforcement for years, supported prosecutors who refuse to hold criminals accountable for their actions, overseen the decay of our country’s mental health infrastructure, and generally promoted a culture of lawlessness, Smith & Wesson and other firearm manufacturers are somehow responsible for the crime wave that has predictably resulted from these destructive policies.

"But they are the ones to blame for the surge in violence and lawlessness, and they seek to avoid any responsibility for the crisis of violence they have created by attempting to shift the blame to Smith & Wesson, other firearm manufacturers and law-abiding gun owners.

tenor.gif

Now that's a far cry from the S&W Of 30 years ago that kowtowed to the Clintons. ;)

Criminals are a very important part of the corrupt Democrat Party's voter base.
The Democrats are enraged when states purge criminals from the voter rolls.
Democrats register criminals to vote.
So, they do not want the victims of crime to be able to defend themselves from criminals because the criminals might be shot, and they would lose a highly prized voter.
Here are the kinds of people who want to ban guns; marxist, fascist, terrorists, muggers, rapists, mass shooters, car jackers, burglars, kidnappers, pedophiles and Democrats.

He's exactly right.
If Dems want to see the true causes of crime & strife in our country, they just have to look in the mirror

I have been saying it for decades along with others. This isn't even a new thing. It's just been ramped up since the 2A Advocacy Campaigns have been advancing the ball downfield consistently over the last 20 years.

In 2001 even in TX gun laws were almost draconian. You had to have a CHL to carry outside the house and it was difficult to get. The DPS offered no assistance and it was expensive. Then we were "allowed" to carry in our vehicles, but scumbag DA's such as the democrook sociopath in Harris Co. asserted he would ignore the law and persecute anyone without a CHL. Then we finally got Licensed Open Carry followed by Constitutional Carry a few years later.

In most states laws have been increasingly relaxed while moonbat states and districts continue to piss in the wind and watch criminals run rampant. Then after Saint George Floyd Kirby finally achieved his greatest accomplishment and became fertilizer, the DNC and Queen Antifa's hooded minions have increased the chaos only to find out the masses simply bought more guns, ammo and attended training classes.

qa.png

Relaxed enforcement, reduced bail, reduced sentencing were not at all about "fairness" or leniency. It was about increasing violence in the street so that public demands for more gun laws would be a primary issue. It backfired incredibly. Americans not only realize that cops can't be everywhere, all the time to prevent crime and the fact of the matter is that we DON'T WANT COPS EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME.

We don't want a police state with cops sifting through our trash looking for empty bags of pot or pulling us over for rolling through stop signs. We just want the thugs in cages or coffins. Democrooks do their damnest to keep thugs on the streets causing problems and in certain places will persecute you into bankruptcy when you shoot one. So stay the hell out of moonbat areas and let the thugs cannibalize the bed wetters.

Last edited:
We went through a phase where we were filling up prisons as fast as they could be built. The police were militarized and all sorts of "tough on crime" legislation sailed through every state in the country. Didn't really solve the problem did it? We just ended up with the largest prison population in the world with an appalling recidivism rate. Do you really want to grow the police state again?

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/guns-house-oversight/2022/08/15/id/1083205/

Smith & Wesson fired back at the House Oversight and Reform Committee subpoena filed by Democrats, which seeks details on its modern sporting rifles (MSR), issuing a stinging rebuke of crime in Democrat-run cities with strict gun control on law-abiding citizens and "soft-on-crime policies."

"A number of politicians and their lobbying partners in the media have recently sought to disparage Smith & Wesson," CEO Mark Smith wrote in a statement Monday. "Some have had the audacity to suggest that after they have vilified, undermined and defunded law enforcement for years, supported prosecutors who refuse to hold criminals accountable for their actions, overseen the decay of our country’s mental health infrastructure, and generally promoted a culture of lawlessness, Smith & Wesson and other firearm manufacturers are somehow responsible for the crime wave that has predictably resulted from these destructive policies.

"But they are the ones to blame for the surge in violence and lawlessness, and they seek to avoid any responsibility for the crisis of violence they have created by attempting to shift the blame to Smith & Wesson, other firearm manufacturers and law-abiding gun owners.

tenor.gif

Now that's a far cry from the S&W Of 30 years ago that kowtowed to the Clintons. ;)
So now politicians are responsible for what individuals do.....Hell of a logical theory there.

We went through a phase where we were filling up prisons as fast as they could be built. The police were militarized and all sorts of "tough on crime" legislation sailed through every state in the country. Didn't really solve the problem did it? We just ended up with the largest prison population in the world with an appalling recidivism rate. Do you really want to grow the police state again?
No, it did help solve the problem. Thugs were in jail and streets were made safer. Maybe it wasn’t perfect, like when Kamala Harris is throwing people in prison for years for having weed. But it was better than the shit going on today.

No, it did help solve the problem. Thugs were in jail and streets were made safer. Maybe it wasn’t perfect, like when Kamala Harris is throwing people in prison for years for having weed. But it was better than the shit going on today.
The drug war fucked up this country worse than drugs themselves ever would have. Aside from being a total failure it created career criminals faster than they could be locked up. Of course they all needed a gun.

I was right in the middle of all that and we still had enough beds where they were transferring convicts to Virginia (for a outrageous fee) from the liberal Yankee states.....Sorta shows where the problem was if you ask me.

Sure, Virginia built more prisons like everyplace else but it was mostly in a consolidation effort....We opened three 1200 man units (low to medium security) so most of the 32 100-150 man Field Units were no longer necessary once they took the convicts off the road gangs.

Most of the 40s era Field Units are gone now, the ones left being Diversion Units where the convicts work regular street jobs (for street pay) when they have a year left. Hell, many of those convicts are making as much as the officers are even after paying room/board/fines etc and leave with a big discharge check.

Today's convicts in Virginia have more opportunity to grow themselves than I would have ever considered possible back in the 70s when I started. Back then the prisons were violent, filthy, and overcrowded animal houses. If they backslide upon discharge these days then it's on them.

So basically you are full of shit and don't have a clue.

I was right in the middle of all that and we still had enough beds where they were transferring convicts to Virginia (for a outrageous fee) from the liberal Yankee states.....Sorta shows where the problem was if you ask me.

Sure, Virginia built more prisons like everyplace else but it was mostly in a consolidation effort....We opened three 1200 man units (low to medium security) so most of the 32 100-150 man Field Units were no longer necessary once they took the convicts off the road gangs.

Most of the 40s era Field Units are gone now, the ones left being Diversion Units where the convicts work regular street jobs (for street pay) when they have a year left. Hell, many of those convicts are making as much as the officers are even after paying room/board/fines etc and leave with a big discharge check.

Today's convicts in Virginia have more opportunity to grow themselves than I would have ever considered possible back in the 70s when I started. Back then the prisons were violent, filthy, and overcrowded animal houses. If they backslide upon discharge these days then it's on them.

So basically you are full of shit and don't have a clue.
I was actually talking about the era when the drug war was new and moral panic led to all sorts of horrible unintended consequences. What would a new moral panic over crime and drugs lead to? certainly not a reduction in crime and drugs.

I was actually talking about the era when the drug war was new and moral panic led to all sorts of horrible unintended consequences. What would a new moral panic over crime and drugs lead to? certainly not a reduction in crime and drugs.
Damn, you people are totally bonkers. Mark Twain was right about the stupid.

I'll tell you what, you go sit in the corner someplace and pound your pud and we will see if we can't straighten out this fuckin' mess you got us into.

You're absolutely right. This man, as much as anyone in America (save Nixon) did as much to hypercharge crime with draconian laws as any politician in America.

Damn, you people are totally bonkers. Mark Twain was right about the stupid.

I'll tell you what, you go sit in the corner someplace and pound your pud and we will see if we can't straighten out this fuckin' mess you got us into.
I got us in this mess? LOL I'm just a regular nobody like you. One of the stupidest things you conservatives do is blame me personally for stuff you don't like.

I've actually gotten to the point where I'm rooting for the thugs in these big cities. Places Like The Shitty of Autism TX where some really rich dumbfuck leftist Google/AssBook/Gov't employees with yard signs that declare their idiocy live within a few miles of ghettoes deserve to be cannibalized after the collapse they caused. These blue city parasites empower these sociopaths, when the dollar crashes and cops stop even showing up at all these turds are going to get wiped out and hordes of homeless, trailer trash, street thugs and other garbage are going to destroy these neighborhoods and strip everything of value out of them while the residents rot in the street.

Fuck 'em.

Actually, moron, from 1993 to 2010 the gun murder rate went down 49%, the gun crime rate went down 75%.....so you don't know what you are talking about.......

And in 2015...when the democrats decided destroying the local police and releasing violent criminals was their primary policy goals for the future......that turned around......and now their cities are filled with crime.....

Over 27 years, from 1993 to the year 2015, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 19.4 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2019 (in 2020 that number is 21.52 million)...guess what happened...

New Concealed Carry Report For 2020: 19.48 Million Permit Holders, 820,000 More Than Last Year despite many states shutting down issuing permits because of the Coronavirus - Crime Prevention Research Center

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

This means that access to guns does not create gun crime........

Why do our democrat party controlled cities have gun crime problems?

What changed in 2015?

The democrat party did 3 things...

1) they began a war on the police that forced officers to stop pro active police work, allowing criminals to run wild.

2) they began to release the most violent and dangerous gun offenders over and over again, not matter how many times they had been arrested for gun crimes

3) they used their brown shirts, blm/antifa to burn, loot and murder for 7 months in primarily black neighborhoods while the democrat party mayors ordered the police to stand down and not stop them......in order to hurt Trump during the election.

Forum List

Back