RWA - Omg, get real.

Mar 22, 2004
Corydon, Indiana
I’ve only been a member of this message board for a short while, and I know how annoying it is for new members to start spouting hyperbolic rhetoric and to attack other members, but this is really too much. I’ve read only about 30-35 threads in their entirety, and I’ve seen rtwngAvngr make a number of lump statements about “liberals” that are really ridiculous. “What upsets liberals is the convictions of others”, and “Liberals don’t get reality.” Come on RWA, you demonstrate some intelligence in your posts with your vocabulary and occasional eloquence. I imagine that you editorialize on these forums to advocate your political positions; you undermine your credibility and causes with such silly and childish attitudes; you project particular characteristics onto an entire group of people, and it’s illogical.

By the way, in the case that you were being facetious, I apologize. Additionally, I would point out the same thing to someone who engaged in the same silliness with regards to “conservatives”.

Syntax, keep in mind this is an internet forum. A format that allows people to discuss topics differently than they would in person. That gives people the chance to voice their opinions in many manners, which may included at time using hyperbolic rhetoric. I wouldn't be to sensitive to it.

Hi DK. Thanks. Glad to be here. I occasionally watch Hannity and Colmes when I'm already depressed about the state of political discourse in our country, which of course makes it much worse. I wish Alan wouldn't let Sean Hannity and the Fox news channel bitch smack him around like they do, but he's great. :)

Originally posted by Syntax_Divinity
By the way, in the case that you were being facetious, I apologize. Additionally, I would point out the same thing to someone who engaged in the same silliness with regards to “conservatives”.

Like the entire mainsteam media, academics, trial lawyers, unions and deadbeats? Are they engaged in silliness with regards to conservatives? Does a constant stream of lies qualify as silliness?

I’ve only been a member of this message board for a short while, and I know how annoying it is for new members to start spouting hyperbolic rhetoric and to attack other members, but this is really too much. I’ve read only about 30-35 threads in their entirety, and I’ve seen rtwngAvngr make a number of lump statements about “liberals” that are really ridiculous. “What upsets liberals is the convictions of others”, and “Liberals don’t get reality.” Come on RWA, you demonstrate some intelligence in your posts with your vocabulary and occasional eloquence. I imagine that you editorialize on these forums to advocate your political positions; you undermine your credibility and causes with such silly and childish attitudes; you project particular characteristics onto an entire group of people, and it’s illogical.

I need specific position criticisms. Thanks.

Can YOU tell me why the U.N. shouldn't have enforced it's own resolutions against iraq? Because of Israel and hypocrisy?

I wish Alan wouldn't let Sean Hannity and the Fox news channel bitch smack him around like they do, but he's great. :)

I'm trying to school him better on that ;)

Hi DK. Thanks. Glad to be here. I occasionally watch Hannity and Colmes when I'm already depressed about the state of political discourse in our country, which of course makes it much worse. I wish Alan wouldn't let Sean Hannity and the Fox news channel bitch smack him around like they do, but he's great. :)

Oh boo hoo. Poor little alan colmes. THat guy is an unlikable ninny who never has a good point.

Syntax, I fully invite you to go back through the many flawed posts of mine and refute the arguments where you find point of refutation. Did you see the reply button on this forum? This is a fancy one, I know. But you'll get the hang of it.

First of all RWA, the term: “the mainstream media” is a misnomer. Media is a plural noun. We live in a society and a time where the diversity and sheer number of media outlets, many of which are considered “mainstream”, provide little ammunition to the liberal media argument. We can debate this if you like, but the facts simply do not substantiate it. The argument that the “mainstream” media has a liberal bias is a myth, fabricated largely by the likes of “right-wing media” moguls like Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh. And as for academics, unions and trial lawyers, I suppose that conceding the point of their possessing “liberals” in greater numbers is in order. And, as I stated, I think that nearly any lump statement concerning an entire political persuasion is rather infantile, and undermines your credibility, regardless of whether it involves “liberals” or “conservatives”. This subject, of course, was neatly avoided in your post.

First of all RWA, the term: “the mainstream media” is a misnomer. Media is a plural noun. We live in a society and a time where the diversity and sheer number of media outlets, many of which are considered “mainstream”, provide little ammunition to the liberal media argument. We can debate this if you like, but the facts simply do not substantiate it. The argument that the “mainstream” media has a liberal bias is a myth, fabricated largely by the likes of “right-wing media” moguls like Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh. And as for academics, unions and trial lawyers, I suppose that conceding the point of their possessing “liberals” in greater numbers is in order. And, as I stated, I think that nearly any lump statement concerning an entire political persuasion is rather infantile, and undermines your credibility, regardless of whether it involves “liberals” or “conservatives”. This subject, of course, was neatly avoided in your post.

A. You're wrong about media bias.
B. Sometimes group labels are appropriate for labelling, such as the "greedy rich", or "neocon fascist".

98% of all internet arguments/Debates...in a nutshell.

Position PRO: Yeah, it's CLEAR the facts support this.
Position CON: There is NO Data to back that up.
Position PRO: Oh yeah - check out this website, he lays out the argument to perfection
Position CON: That guy is SO off base, that website is NOT credible.
Position PRO: Oh yeah? Well, God made Adam and EVE, not Adam and STEVE.
Position CON: Did you just call me a ******?
Position PRO: I hate you
Position CON: So you have to result to immature arguments when I did nothing to instigate...
Position PRO: What do you mean? Look at what you wrote:

Position PRO: Yeah, it's CLEAR the facts support this.
Position CON: There is NO Data to back that up.
Position PRO: Oh yeah - check out this website, he lays out the argument to perfection
Position CON: That guy is SO off base, that website is NOT credible.
Position PRO: Oh yeah? Well, God made Adam and EVE, not Adam and STEVE.
Position CON: Did you just call me a ******?
Position PRO: I hate you
Position CON: So you have to result to immature arguments when I did nothing to instigate...

Position CON: I see you know how to quote text...nice. Everyone from YOUR viewpoint is a retard
Position PRO: I'm telling the admin to ban you...
ADMIN: Okay - everyone back to your corners...

(6 months pass)
Newb: Yeah! I totally see where CON made racial slurs...
Position CON: I did NO such thing! It's clear that I was right anyway.
Position PRO: Just wait - it's not finished yet...the REAL reason we should have done this is because
blah blah blah, I'm an insider, with proof.com
Senior Member: WTF? Why did this thread come back?

Admin: Kill me now, God...please.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Syntax, I fully invite you to go back through the many flawed posts of mine and refute the arguments where you find point of refutation. Did you see the reply button on this forum? This is a fancy one, I know. But you'll get the hang of it.

RWA, I would never allow him to refute your flawed posts because there's simply not enough room in the forums to do that. ;)

DMP, stop it. you're killing me dude :rotflmao:

What's wrong with the world, mama
People livin' like they ain't got no mamas
I think the whole world addicted to the drama
Only attracted to things that'll bring you trauma
Overseas, yeah, we try to stop terrorism
But we still got terrorists here livin'
In the USA, the big CIA
The Bloods and The Crips and the KKK
But if you only have love for your own race
Then you only leave space to discriminate
And to discriminate only generates hate
And when you hate then you're bound to get irate, yeah
Madness is what you demonstrate
And that's exactly how anger works and operates
Man, you gotta have love just to set it straight
Take control of your mind and meditate
Let your soul gravitate to the love, y'all, y'all

People killin', people dyin'
Children hurt and you hear them cryin'
Can you practice what you preach
And would you turn the other cheek

Father, Father, Father help us
Send some guidance from above
'Cause people got me, got me questionin'
Where is the love (Love)

Where is the love (The love)
Where is the love
The love, the love

It just ain't the same, always unchanged
New days are strange, is the world insane
If love and peace is so strong
Why are there pieces of love that don't belong
Nations droppin' bombs
Chemical gasses fillin' lungs of little ones
With ongoin' sufferin' as the youth die young
So ask yourself is the lovin' really gone
So I could ask myself really what is goin' wrong
In this world that we livin' in people keep on givin'
in
Makin' wrong decisions, only visions of them dividends
Not respectin' each other, deny thy brother
A war is goin' on but the reason's undercover
The truth is kept secret, it's swept under the rug
If you never know truth then you never know love
Where's the love, y'all, come on (I don't really know)
Where's the truth, y'all, come on (I don't really know)
Where's the love, y'all

Where is the love (Love)

Where is the love
The love, the love

I feel the weight of the world on my shoulder
As I'm gettin' older, y'all, people gets colder
Most of us only care about money makin'
Selfishness got us followin' our wrong direction
Wrong information always shown by the media
Negative images is the main criteria
Infecting the young minds faster than bacteria
Kids wanna act like what they see in the cinema
Yo', whatever happened to the values of humanity
Whatever happened to the fairness in equality
Instead in spreading love we spreading animosity
Lack of understanding, leading lives away from unity
That's the reason why sometimes I'm feelin' under
That's the reason why sometimes I'm feelin' down
There's no wonder why sometimes I'm feelin' under
Gotta keep my faith alive till love is found

Now ask yourself
Where is the love?
Where is the love?
Where is the love?
Where is the love?

Where is the love (Love)

Originally posted by dmp
That chick who sings with them sounds like justin timberlake. :)

Yeah, but I bet SHE has more chest hair, and possibly a bigger pretzel.

Forum List

Back