Bush Accomplishments

Discussion in 'Politics' started by spillmind, Mar 23, 2004.

1. spillmind

spillmind Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    #1 - Record for most bankruptcies filed in a single year (1.57 million) set in 2002.

#1 - Set record for biggest two-year point drop in the history of the stock market during the first half of a presidential term.

$200 billion - Approximate aggregate amount of state budget gaps in the past three years, the highest figure since WWII.

1.6 - Percentage increase in economic growth since Bush took office, the slowest rate of increase over the equivalent period for any administration in 20 years.

58 million - Number of acres of public lands Bush as opened to road building, logging and drilling.

200+ - Number of public-health and environmental laws Bush has worked to downgrade or weaken since taking office.

2.4 million - Number of Americans who lost their jobs during the first two and a half years of the Bush administration. (today 'unemployment stands at ~5.7%. this doesn't count those that gave up looking for work, which would push that figure to about 7.6%)

#1 - The administration is well on its way to being the first since Herbert Hoover's to preside over an overall loss of jobs during its complete term in office.

0 - Number of Bush Court of Appeals nominees who have endorsed the legal foundation of Roe vs. Wade.

#1 - Has assembled the wealthiest cabinet in U.S. history.

$10.9 million - Average wealth of the members of Bush's 16-person Cabinet.

$42,000 - Average savings members of Bush's Cabinet are expected to receive this year as a result of cuts in capital-gains and dividends taxes.

$42,228 - Median household income in the U.S. in 2001.

$116,000 - Amount Vice President Dick Cheney is expected to save each year in taxes.

9 - Number of members of Bush's Defense Policy Board who also sit on the corporate board of, or advice, at least one defense contractor.

43.6 million - Number of Americans without health insurance as of 2002.

$300 million - Amount cut in December 2002 from the federal program that provides subsidies to poor families so they can heat their homes during the winter.

#1 - First American president to ignore the Geneva Convention on warfare (by refusing to allow inspectors access to U.S.-held prisoners of war).

let me guess! :D blame it ALL on clinton! :tinfoil:

pay no attention to the chimp on the tele!

2. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    One more:

November 9 2004 - re elected to 2nd term.

3. sitarro

sitarro Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,001
    Gee Spilly ,
    It smells like you have been hanging around that commondreams site , or did you get that stench from moveon .

4. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Recession + 9/11, two events completely out of the President's control.

You're blaming the President for that?

What is it on pace to do since last year this time?

So? Should we be dependent on other nations for our lumber and oil when we have those resources in abundance right here?

As noted in another thread, this is the standard way in which unemployment is measured. Should I be surprised that you to want to change the rules when it's convenient to do so?

We'll see.

Good. On the other hand I'm sure every one of them has agreed to uphold the law of the land and not level decrees from the bench as they see fit.

Did you adjust for inflation?

Which would make John Kerry richer than all of them combined.

How much did he pay in taxes?

It isn't the responsibility of the Federal Government to pay for your health insurance (I know I've said this before, and I know you don't care)

5. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,165
    on the health issurance issue. The government already has health benefits for those who cant afford it. its illegal for a hospital to turn down treatment to the poor.

Why the push for universal medicare then? Why do we need to pay for the health insurance of John Kerry, Rush Limbaugh, Bill gates and other wealthy people who can pay for their own?

6. acludem

acludem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Great post spill. I love it when Republicans try to cover up Bush's environmental record by playing the "less dependence on foreign sources of energy" card. That's no excuse for allowing our national parks and forests to be clear cut, strip mined, and drilled in.

Is the president to blame for the economy? Not entirely. Is he to blame for doing nothing to help? absolutely.

Here are a couple more accomplishments

2 - the number of countries invaded by Bush

0 - the amount of times Osama Bin Laden has been caught

0 - the number of Weapons of Mass Destruction found in Iraq

acludem

7. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Which national park is being clear cut or mined?

8. Syntax_Divinity

Syntax_Divinity Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You know, I have this theory. If George Bush was really interested in decreasing our dependency on foreign oil, I imagine that he would be more forceful in his advocation of research into renewable energy. You know, instead of the pathetic window dressing that W likes to point out when confronted with this subject. Just a thought. :)

9. sitarro

sitarro Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,001
    I think there are a few guys that fight forest fires that might have something to say about cutting fire roads and breaks to slow down the out of control fires of the last few years , but the tree worshipers would rather see them all burn than cut a few . I have worked a few forest fires , those guys need all of the help that they can get . Lack of access causes more trees and possibly firefighters and homes to burn . I would think you would be more sensitive to forest fires since you live in the state that was devastated by them last year spillmind.

10. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Recession out of his control I'll give him, but 9/11? Not according to the commission.