Russia’s Air Defenses In Syria Have Some Big Problems

Daryl Hunt

Your Worst Nightmare
Oct 22, 2014
O.D. (Stands for Out Dere
Russia’s Air Defenses In Syria Have Some Big Problems
In late September 2017, satellite photographs indicated that Russia had deployed a second Russian SA-21 surface-to-air missile system in Syria.

Purportedly, the system in question is deployed high in the mountains near Masyaf, fewer than 40 kilometers southeast of Lattakia, and right next to a battery of Bastion-P systems equipped with Oniks cruise missiles.

For many of foreign observers, this is an indication of the Russians bolstering their presence in Syria, perhaps even directly threatening operations of U.S. and allied aircraft against Islamic State extremists.

Actually, a closer look at the satellite photographs in question – to say nothing of the history of Russian SAM deployments in Syria since 2015 – reveals multiple shortcomings of the equipment in question, and mistakes by the Russians in the course of their military intervention in the country.

• Banned
Worthless propaganda article.

Did Putin give you that information? Radar works great when looking down or to the side. But if you have a hilly area, it can't see the low spots. A F-15E could easily take advantage of that and just popup when it fires and then dropping back into the recesses. And so can the Buff, B-1. Anything with TFR.

Did Putin give you that information? Radar works great when looking down or to the side. But if you have a hilly area, it can't see the low spots. A F-15E could easily take advantage of that and just popup when it fires and then dropping back into the recesses. And so can the Buff, B-1. Anything with TFR.
I stopped reading when the article said the Phrump missiles were not detected. In the real world they were not only detected but also addressed and most of them failed to reach their target.

• Banned

I stopped reading when the article said the Phrump missiles were not detected. In the real world they were not only detected but also addressed and most of them failed to reach their target.

You claim to be Turkey. More like Moscow. Most of the 59 hit the target area prompting the Syrians to relocate what was left to other bases. Of course your Putin information will not allow that fact to be public. You won't sell all your toys. What's the matter, Facebook won't let you post anymore? You should be back to fake posting on politic. You may be out of practice come next year, Comrade.

You claim to be Turkey.
What?

More like Moscow. Most of the 59 hit the target area prompting the Syrians to relocate what was left to other bases. Of course your Putin information will not allow that fact to be public. You won't sell all your toys. What's the matter, Facebook won't let you post anymore? You should be back to fake posting on politic. You may be out of practice come next year, Comrade.
It´s you who is falling for propaganda.

Trump-Regime´s attack on Syrian airbase was a failure

• Banned
You claim to be Turkey.
What?

More like Moscow. Most of the 59 hit the target area prompting the Syrians to relocate what was left to other bases. Of course your Putin information will not allow that fact to be public. You won't sell all your toys. What's the matter, Facebook won't let you post anymore? You should be back to fake posting on politic. You may be out of practice come next year, Comrade.

Comrade, you are quoting a Russian Government Owned Cite. Just like you pinko commies. Putin controls that site and it will always go for the party line. And, right now, Putin IS the party. He will attempt to discredit the US in any way he can. The only one he gets to discredit here is you.

You claim to be Turkey.
What?

Comrade, you are quoting a Russian Government Owned Cite. Just like you pinko commies. Putin controls that site and it will always go for the party line. And, right now, Putin IS the party. He will attempt to discredit the US in any way he can. The only one he gets to discredit here is you.
Nobody can discredit the country more than an old fuck that won the elections with the tunes of peace and then shells a sovereign country threatened by terrorist armies. You think for the reputation of the USA it matters if those terror missiles failed or not? It matters not. What matters is the order and its compliant execution, applauded by "patriots". What is left to discredit for Russian trolls?

Also, what site do you mean, there are several and why shouldn´t Russia have a voice? What about the US media by the way? Let Trump tell us what it is:

• Banned
You claim to be Turkey.
What?

Nobody can discredit the country more than an old fuck that won the elections with the tunes of peace and then shells a sovereign country threatened by terrorist armies. You think for the reputation of the USA it matters if those terror missiles failed or not? It matters not. What matters is the order and its compliant execution, applauded by "patriots". What is left to discredit for Russian trolls?

Also, what site do you mean, there are several and why shouldn´t Russia have a voice? What about the US media by the way? Let Trump tell us what it is:

What's your point here? I think Trump is a disaster. He made campaign promises that he is keeping whether they are good or bad. He is not what he claimed. But as a US Citizen, I have the right to say that. You, as a Russian, don't have the luxury of bad mouthing Putin without disappearing from the face of the earth. Trump is just temporary and will pass and be replaced. Meanwhile, Putin will remain in power as long as Putin wishes which can only end in his death. While our system isn't perfect, it's better than yours, Comrade.

You claim to be Turkey.
What?

What's your point here? I think Trump is a disaster. He made campaign promises that he is keeping whether they are good or bad. He is not what he claimed. But as a US Citizen, I have the right to say that. You, as a Russian, don't have the luxury of bad mouthing Putin without disappearing from the face of the earth. Trump is just temporary and will pass and be replaced. Meanwhile, Putin will remain in power as long as Putin wishes which can only end in his death. While our system isn't perfect, it's better than yours, Comrade.

Trump is a disaster for you because he is republican. He´s a disaster for me because he continues Obama´s policies plus he loves war. I am not a Russian but a German. Russians have freedom by the way and no western President is as respected in his own country as Putin. What you say about Russia only shows the disinformation that is being spread in your country.
As a German I tell you we have good relations with Russia. Even though our own leaders in Europe harm their own countries to fulfill US sanctions orders they know they depend on Russian natural recourses. Russia is a good trade partner and if that anti-Russian warmongering in your country would stop, you could realize that Russia is a peaceful country that only wishes to be part of the western world already for centuries.

You claim to be Turkey.
What?

Trump is a disaster for you because he is republican. He´s a disaster for me because he continues Obama´s policies plus he loves war. I am not a Russian but a German. Russians have freedom by the way and no western President is as respected in his own country as Putin. What you say about Russia only shows the disinformation that is being spread in your country.
As a German I tell you we have good relations with Russia. Even though our own leaders in Europe harm their own countries to fulfill US sanctions orders they know they depend on Russian natural recourses. Russia is a good trade partner and if that anti-Russian warmongering in your country would stop, you could realize that Russia is a peaceful country that only wishes to be part of the western world already for centuries.

This brings up a joke.

An American said that he had the right to burn the American Flag if he wishes. What do you have the right to do. The Russian responded he had the right to burn an American Flag a well.

Your Germany lives in the shadow of Russia for energy and trade. We have seen the screaming done when the Russians turned off the Natural Gas spigot. We have also watched Russia do the same thing in OUR elections that they do in Germany. It will never be tolerated here again. But it appears that you accept it as a good thing. What we got for it was Trump. We deserved better. But you dance with the fat lady that brung yuh.

I don't believe that ANY country that can't be self sufficient should be allowed to be a country. Germany is NOT self sufficient anymore than France or Spain. Maybe we should make one large country out of those three. How would that work out? You, as a German, should understand that that just won't work out since your country already tried that. But you can't allow Russia the latitude to disrupt your elections and then call them friends. Shows a total lack of backbone and maybe you don't deserve your country.

What?

This brings up a joke.

An American said that he had the right to burn the American Flag if he wishes. What do you have the right to do. The Russian responded he had the right to burn an American Flag a well.

Your Germany lives in the shadow of Russia for energy and trade. We have seen the screaming done when the Russians turned off the Natural Gas spigot. We have also watched Russia do the same thing in OUR elections that they do in Germany. It will never be tolerated here again. But it appears that you accept it as a good thing. What we got for it was Trump. We deserved better. But you dance with the fat lady that brung yuh.

I don't believe that ANY country that can't be self sufficient should be allowed to be a country. Germany is NOT self sufficient anymore than France or Spain. Maybe we should make one large country out of those three. How would that work out? You, as a German, should understand that that just won't work out since your country already tried that. But you can't allow Russia the latitude to disrupt your elections and then call them friends. Shows a total lack of backbone and maybe you don't deserve your country.

The Russia manipulated the US elections thing was a smart move to turn the Trump administration against Russia. But the only country actively manipulating other countries elections is obviously the US.

This brings up a joke.

The Russia manipulated the US elections thing was a smart move to turn the Trump administration against Russia. But the only country actively manipulating other countries elections is obviously the US.

You keep drinking that kooolaide, Comrade.

What?

This brings up a joke.

Funny to hear that we in Russia have no freedom. What exactly I am not allowed?
Anti-Putin opinions are widely met in mass media even in mainstream ones. We have several media sources existing thanks to abroad financing and having only anti-governmental content. We have many foreign tv-channels here. And nobody is persecuted for ‘bad-mouthing’ of Putin.

Besides you’re wrong in other sentences.
Tell me please when Russia turned off the Natural Gas spigot? It never happened!
But Ukraine did it twice!!! Ukraine - a transit country. Check the info thoroughly before posting please!

Elections in the USA?
Show me please at least 1 evidence of Russian interference!
What about the USA? You interfered political life of almost every country in the world. You change governments, you start wars...
In Germany - USA relations let’s remind spy scandal when your secret services listened every politician’s phone talks, read all their emails...even Merkel’s. Nice ally!
If one have such an ally he needs no enemy!

This brings up a joke.

Funny to hear that we in Russia have no freedom. What exactly I am not allowed?
Anti-Putin opinions are widely met in mass media even in mainstream ones. We have several media sources existing thanks to abroad financing and having only anti-governmental content. We have many foreign tv-channels here. And nobody is persecuted for ‘bad-mouthing’ of Putin.

Besides you’re wrong in other sentences.
Tell me please when Russia turned off the Natural Gas spigot? It never happened!
But Ukraine did it twice!!! Ukraine - a transit country. Check the info thoroughly before posting please!

Elections in the USA?
Show me please at least 1 evidence of Russian interference!
What about the USA? You interfered political life of almost every country in the world. You change governments, you start wars...
In Germany - USA relations let’s remind spy scandal when your secret services listened every politician’s phone talks, read all their emails...even Merkel’s. Nice ally!
If one have such an ally he needs no enemy!

Ah, the Putin paid shill speaks out. I think almost everyone is aware of what I have written. You aren't fooling anyone. And neither is your other Putin Paid Shill.

Getting back on track:
Now, are you aware that our heavy bombers and the F-15E regularly practices Nap of the Earth flights using TFR? The B-2 was originally supposed to be a high altitude bomber. But due to the requirements for penetration it was changed to a low level bomber. I won't go into the changes but they did have a dramatic affect in the design. It also dropped the max altitude from 60k to 50k, added quite a bit of weight and ran the cost way up. Your Mig-31 is worthless. You might get one or two of our bombers on the way out but not coming in. Radar doesn't operate outside of Line of Sight. Placing a hill or mountain between you and it completely renders your radar worthless. I have been on one of the Buffs practice bombing missions. Talk about a scary ride. We flew down a twisting and winding valley with all lights off. The only lights that were on were on the Navigator and not even the other crewmembers could see those lights. Sometimes we came so close to the valley sides it was less than a wingspan away. And we were completely invisible to any radar site unless we flew directly over head of them. This ride was in the early 80s and, unlike today, TFR was not installed on the Buff. Kind of makes your expensive radar worthless when you can't stop a 60 year old bomber doesn't it.

Daryl Hunt
Looks like you tried to frighten me...
I am not a specialist in military but I see how often your ‘profi-pilots’ got frightened by Russian jets. Each time your media writes about ‘unprofessional actions of Russian pilots who got as close as 5 meters to our plane’.
Or let me remind you incident in the Black Sea when your Donald Cook got it’s aegis system switched off by one old Russian SU-24. How many - two or three dozen of crew members decided to get away from your heroic navy immediately after that happened?

You’d better stop writing your pathetic bs.
But tried to comment my statements in above post. Of course you won’t - you have nothing to say about that.

And why I should suppose that you’re real person not paid by secret services troll?
If you blame me first show some proofs! Else you are пиздобол, as we call such morons in Russia.

Daryl Hunt
I am not a specialist in military but I see how often your ‘profi-pilots’ got frightened by Russian jets. Each time your media writes about ‘unprofessional actions of Russian pilots who got as close as 5 meters to our plane’.
Or let me remind you incident in the Black Sea when your Donald Cook got it’s aegis system switched off by one old Russian SU-24. How many - two or three dozen of crew members decided to get away from your heroic navy immediately after that happened?

But tried to comment my statements in above post. Of course you won’t - you have nothing to say about that.

And why I should suppose that you’re real person not paid by secret services troll?
If you blame me first show some proofs! Else you are пиздобол, as we call such morons in Russia.
It´s American superiority. You can´t question it.

Daryl Hunt

Whenever a troll gets cornered he will always resort to insults. If you believe that I am in fear of you, you are partially correct. But decades ago, I wrote my ass off. Fear is a healthy function when used correctly. I do know you fear me though. It would disrupt the second coming of the Soviet Union if people like me weren't around. Tell you employer (Putin) hello from me.

Daryl Hunt

While each American is not superior, Americans as a whole are. We'll survive Putin and even Trump and continue on. Most countries can't say that about their Government. We'll still be here in 100 years in the same basic form.

Daryl Hunt

While each American is not superior, Americans as a whole are. We'll survive Putin and even Trump and continue on. Most countries can't say that about their Government. We'll still be here in 100 years in the same basic form.
Wrong!
Terrorist country built on millions dead has no future.

Forum List

Back