Russia retaliates against Deutsche Welle after Germany bans RT over license issues

AMart

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2020
Interesting tit for tat move.

Russian state broadcaster Russia Today (RT) has been told to stop airing its German-language channel in Germany.

Germany's ZAK media regulator, which decides whether private organisations can broadcast nationwide in Germany, has banned RT DE programmes in the country, saying the channel lacked the necessary permission.

In a statement on Wednesday, ZAK said RT DE held "no other permit that is legitimate under European law" and had not been granted a licence.

The broadcaster says it is operating under a valid Serbian licence in line with European law and stated that it will challenge the regulator’s decision in court.

"This is complete nonsense," tweeted Margarita Simonian, the editor-in-chief of RT DE.

Russia's foreign ministry has described the ban as a "political move" and on Thursday took retaliatory measures against German broadcaster Deutsche Welle (DW).

DW's office in Russia will be closed and the accreditation of its employees will be cancelled, the ministry said on Thursday.

Deutsche Welle's satellite for broadcasting in Russia would also be terminated, it added.

We have one poster who works for "Russia Today" RT here on the forum.

Maybe he'll chime in.

Maybe he'll chime in.
If you're suggesting me Otis, I will. I read this story on RT this morning. Russia was pretty well obliged to respond in kind.
And of course in my opinion, America is doing everything it can to destroy relations between the two, on account of America's goal of stopping Nordstream 2.

US media (Maddow) has even declared that pipeline to be Russian aggression.

On a brighter note, the latest news is saying that the threat of a Russian invasion isn't there now.

No, of course I don't work for RT. I read news from many different sources and then weigh it all together for a more accurate read on what is really happening. You should too Otis, you're a voice that's being heard on this forum! You get nearly as much spam thrown at you as I do. I hope you get as much enjoyment out of it as I.

Maybe he'll chime in.
Really? Who? You can PM me if you aren't or don't want to start one of the food fights. Do they also work for OAN or am I starting sh#t?

Really? Who? You can PM me if you aren't or don't want to start one of the food fights. Do they also work for OAN or am I starting sh#t?

It's Donald H, the post above yours.

He works for RT and Russian military intelligence. Just look through his posts, if you don't believe me.

Interesting tit for tat move.

Russian state broadcaster Russia Today (RT) has been told to stop airing its German-language channel in Germany.

Germany's ZAK media regulator, which decides whether private organisations can broadcast nationwide in Germany, has banned RT DE programmes in the country, saying the channel lacked the necessary permission.

In a statement on Wednesday, ZAK said RT DE held "no other permit that is legitimate under European law" and had not been granted a licence.

The broadcaster says it is operating under a valid Serbian licence in line with European law and stated that it will challenge the regulator’s decision in court.

"This is complete nonsense," tweeted Margarita Simonian, the editor-in-chief of RT DE.

Russia's foreign ministry has described the ban as a "political move" and on Thursday took retaliatory measures against German broadcaster Deutsche Welle (DW).

DW's office in Russia will be closed and the accreditation of its employees will be cancelled, the ministry said on Thursday.

Deutsche Welle's satellite for broadcasting in Russia would also be terminated, it added.

All of feed by German communist government's money MS presstitutes are lying scum.
LUGENPRESSE
Kudos to Russia who kicked assholes out from the country

Forum List

Back