Russia is building a new supersonic civilian aircraft

Selivan

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2018
USSR
As is known to foreigners, the first supersonic civilian aircraft was the French-English CONCORD.
--------------------------------------------------

It is not true.
In fact, the first supersonic civilian aircraft was the Soviet TU-144

Tupolev Tu-144 - Wikipedia
TU144.JPG

The aircraft was unprofitable for flights on the territory of the USSR and production was closed

==================================
But..
In 2018, Putin suggested considering the decision to create a new supersonic aircraft in Russia

Putin proposes new supersonic Russian civilian aircraft | Daily Mail Online

======================================
Can the Russians do this?

Or, better immediately hypersonic aircraft? In Russia and China there are such technologies, but in America and Europe - no ...
:04:

As is known to foreigners, the first supersonic civilian aircraft was the French-English CONCORD.
--------------------------------------------------

It is not true.
In fact, the first supersonic civilian aircraft was the Soviet TU-144

Tupolev Tu-144 - Wikipedia
View attachment 184521

The aircraft was unprofitable for flights on the territory of the USSR and production was closed

==================================
But..
In 2018, Putin suggested considering the decision to create a new supersonic aircraft in Russia

Putin proposes new supersonic Russian civilian aircraft | Daily Mail Online

======================================
Can the Russians do this?

Or, better immediately hypersonic aircraft? In Russia and China there are such technologies, but in America and Europe - no ...

Yes, it was the first, by two months. However there's a high chance that the Soviets stole some information about the Concorde, potentially. They got their aircraft out 2 months earlier than the Concorde, but the Concorde was vastly superior, ie, not breaking down like a Lada at every corner.

• Banned
Yes, it was the first, by two months. However there's a high chance that the Soviets stole some information about the Concorde, potentially. They got their aircraft out 2 months earlier than the Concorde, but the Concorde was vastly superior, ie, not breaking down like a Lada at every corner.
Do not make my slippers funny ...
The technology of the concord differs from that of the Tu-144, as the American "Space shuttle" differs from the Soviet "Buran" ...
-------------------------------------------------
Absolutely different technologies that are impossible to "steal"
==============================================================
Now tell me about American "hypersonic technology" ...
If you find them ... Even on the Internet ...

:21:

• Banned
How the Soviet old space ship became an American novelty
The Soviet project, considered obsolete in the 1970s, proved to be an advanced American development at the end of the 2010s.
Проект «Спираль». Как советский космолет стал американской новинкой

=========================================
The old Soviet project "LAPOT" 1970
Прообраз Бурана проект "Спираль" Лапоть
-----------------------------------------
New American Project 2010 - a copy of LAPOT
SNC's Dream Chaser First Free-Flight Approach-and-Landing Test

:1peleas:

Do not make my slippers funny ...
The technology of the concord differs from that of the Tu-144, as the American "Space shuttle" differs from the Soviet "Buran" ...
-------------------------------------------------
Absolutely different technologies that are impossible to "steal"
==============================================================
Now tell me about American "hypersonic technology" ...
If you find them ... Even on the Internet ...

:21:

Well, you're making the assumption that I'm saying the whole thing was stolen. I'm not.

Imagine you find out that your enemy is making such a plane, then you decide that if they have one, you need to have one. You find certain things out, you try and get engineers to replicate things you don't quite understand or know.

The Concorde worked. The TU-144 didn't. Why would you make such a craft if you don't really have what it takes to actually make it?

Why would you flying two months before the Concorde, even though it clearly wasn't ready?

Same reasons as why the USSR and the USA were going into space. To be the first, to get that banner saying how damn great they are, how much better at engineering they are.

• Banned
...The Concorde worked. The TU-144 didn't....
As I said, the Tu-144 was created earlier than Concord ...
Tu-144 worked not "2 months", but 2 years ... and was closed when it turned out to be unprofitable ...
-----------------------------------
The rest of your messages are simple chatter.
- Answer the questions I ask on my branch
- This is my branch, so I have the right to ask questions, and you must answer them

Why?
Because you dared to argue with me .. :04:

Last edited:
...The Concorde worked. The TU-144 didn't....
As I said, the Tu-144 was created earlier than Concord ...
Tu-144 worked not "2 months", but 2 years ... and was closed when it turned out to be unprofitable ...
-----------------------------------
The rest of your messages are simple chatter.
- Answer the questions I ask on my branch
- This is my branch, so I have the right to ask questions, and you must answer them

Why?
Because you dared to argue with me .. :04:

You started the thread, doesn't make it yours. This is a forum open to anyone on this forum. Get over yourself.

The TU-144 first flew TWO MONTHS before the Concorde. Fact.

Yes, it was shut down because it wasn't profitable. Why would the USSR think it would be profitable? Hardly anyone in the USSR had enough money to make it profitable. Was ANYTHING profitable in the USSR?

• Banned
You started the thread, doesn't make it yours. This is a forum open to anyone on this forum. Get over yourself.

Yes, it was shut down because it wasn't profitable. Why would the USSR think it would be profitable? Hardly anyone in the USSR had enough money to make it profitable. Was ANYTHING profitable in the USSR?

Yes, that's a good question ...

--------------------------------------------
In the USSR, in the early 1970s, the average monthly salary was 120 rubles ...
- Ticket for an ordinary plane cost 10-15 rubles
- Ticket for Tu-144 cost 25-35 rubles, but this is only half the cost of the ticket ... The total cost was 50-65 rubles and the difference was paid by the Government.
------------------------------------------
In the USSR there was - EQUALITY, when all people receive roughly the same salary ..

====================================
But, in today's Russia there are a lot of rich people ...
Let them spend their money.

I think Putin's idea is good, although I do not like Putin

Last edited:

Yes, that's a good question ...

--------------------------------------------
In the USSR, in the early 1970s, the average monthly salary was 120 rubles ...
- Ticket for an ordinary plane cost 10-15 rubles
- Ticket for Tu-144 cost 25-35 rubles, but this is only half the cost of the ticket ... The total cost was 50-65 rubles and the difference was paid by the Government.
------------------------------------------
In the USSR there was - EQUALITY, when all people receive roughly the same salary ..

====================================
But, in today's Russia there are a lot of rich people ...
Let them spend their money.

I think Putin's idea is good, although I do not like Putin

Only, the say is, that some people were more equal than others.

Do you really think the Politburo was earning the same as everyone else?

And why would you go ahead with a plane that in order to fly there and back it would already cost you half a month's salary for everyone?

Why would they do this?

There's only ONE reason why. And that's to put on a show, to show the world how advanced you are. Instead they showed how incompetent they were having a plane that broke down all the time.

And why would you go ahead with a plane that in order to fly there and back it would already cost you half a month's salary for everyone?

Why would they do this?

There's only ONE reason why. And that's to put on a show, to show the world how advanced you are. Instead they showed how incompetent they were having a plane that broke down all the time.
Not true.
1. The Soviet system for the development of science exceeds the capitalist system.
2. As I have already shown, some of the achievements of the Soviet system are pitted by the Americans
-------------------------------------------
In addition, there are many scientific achievements in the World that are attributed to Anglo-Saxons ... But, in fact, they were invented by other peoples and not only by Russians ...

Why would they do this?

Not true.
1. The Soviet system for the development of science exceeds the capitalist system.
2. As I have already shown, some of the achievements of the Soviet system are pitted by the Americans
-------------------------------------------
In addition, there are many scientific achievements in the World that are attributed to Anglo-Saxons ... But, in fact, they were invented by other peoples and not only by Russians ...

And how does it exceed?

The USSR put a lot of effort into science, at the expense of everything else. The country disappeared.

The Soviet system for the development of science exceeds the capitalist system.

And yet ...

Yes, since the Americans were able to fly to the moon, only when they created
NASA - a Goverment company ...
You do not even know this.
I have already told you that for the first time I meet such an uneducated Jew. Not ashamed?

And how does it exceed?
The USSR put a lot of effort into science, at the expense of everything else. The country disappeared.
But China will soon beat America
But This is Politics, not Science.
Too big and different topic

And how does it exceed?
But China will soon beat America
But This is Politics, not Science.
Too big and different topic

Of course China will.

They have "Communism" with Chinese Characteristics, which means no Communism and lots of "do as Xi says".

Science is politics and always will be.

You can't do science if you don't have the money to do it, and the wealth of your country is down to the politics you employ.

KEEP DREAMING, Fly Boy. Is that why the USSR lies in the ash heap? It worked right up to the point where it ran out of other people's money. There is no greater way to stimulate scientific development than by PERSONAL GAIN and PROFIT. Wake up, Comrade, your State has been lying to you all your life . . . . the "State" cannot hope to compete with a million separate, independent companies all working each on their own ideas rather than under one big umbrella of government control.

Sure. And for every one of those, America has created TEN achievements "pitted" by the Russians. (There IS NO Soviet system).

That's probably because the Russians and Soviets lack the economic weight to take their ideas and successfully develop them into marketable products on the world arena. It doesn't count if some Soviet dreams up some idea, but it never makes it past his own backyard, a few blocks, or his main customer is Estonia. In my entire life, I can count the number of Russian-made products I've seen, needed and bought on ONE HAND.

With five fingers left.

Forum List

Back