Rush Limbaugh wins children's book author of the year award

Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
My understanding is, he's about to release the third book in this series.
Move over J.K. Rowling.

Rush Limbaugh wins children’s book award

NEW YORK (AP) - Rush Limbaugh has won a children’s book prize designed to be chosen by kids themselves.

But that doesn’t mean all of his voters were young people.

On Wednesday night, Limbaugh received the Children’s Choice Book Award for author of the year, defeating such superstars as Veronica Roth, Rick Riordan and “Diary of a Wimpy Kid” writer Jeff Kinney, the winner in 2012 and 2013. The conservative commentator won for “Rush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims,” a book that landed on the best-seller lists of Amazon.com and other outlets despite limited mainstream coverage.

Nominees for best author are determined by how many copies their books sell, while the winners are supposedly picked by kids, who vote online. But executive director Robin Adelson of the Children’s Book Council and Every Child a Reader, nonprofit organizations that co-founded the awards seven years ago, acknowledged Thursday that adults could easily vote and vote multiple times, a problem not uncommon for Internet competitions.

“Every one of our finalists gets fake votes every year,” Adelson told The Associated Press. “We like to think that’s the enthusiasm of adults who love children’s books.”

Adelson cited three ways that people can vote: a widget that can be embedded in such popular kids’ websites as Poptropica, a link on the awards website (CBC) that allows individuals to vote and a link on the awards site that allows teachers, librarians and others to submit bulk votes on behalf of their institution.

Adelson said she doubted that parents or other grown-ups were voting through Poptropica, but acknowledged the awards site was more likely to be manipulated. An individual voter can vote multiple times and does not need to provide a verifiable email address or proof of his or her age. Bulk voters are required to submit a verifiable email, but there is no guarantee that a given teacher or librarian is really expressing the wishes of others.

“We send emails and make phone calls. A lot of manual labor goes into verifying (bulk voters),” Adelson said. “Do we catch them all? Of course not.”

Finalists were announced in March, when Limbaugh touted his nomination on his radio show and on his website, Home - Rush Limbaugh - The Rush Limbaugh Show . Adelson said Limbaugh initially enjoyed a wide lead, but that voting tightened considerably in the final weeks and the outcome was “fair and close.”

“It’s not as if he received millions of votes and everybody else and received 10,” she said. “It was far, far closer.”

Adelson said total votes this year only increased modestly, from 1.1 million to 1.2 million, and added that voting has generally gone up each year. She emphasized the awards have no mission beyond encouraging kids to read.

“We’ve received some hate mail,” she said. “We’ve been accused of endorsing Rush Limbaugh and supporting Rush Limbaugh. We endorse and support children.”

Read more: Rush Limbaugh wins children's book award - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

They've been high on Amazon.com and other sites and young people love them.

The left is shivering in fury over this!!! :)

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...31120_1_paul-revere-printers-row-journal-book

<Rush Revere is the author's alter ego, a substitute middle-school history teacher who dresses like Paul Revere and time-travels with his magical horse named Liberty.

Rush and Liberty, sometimes accompanied by two bright students, go back in time to the Pilgrims' Atlantic crossing on the Mayflower and the establishment of the Plymouth colony. Many of the book's details line up well with historical accounts.

Limbaugh's political viewpoint certainly shows up, but less than you might expect. He even defines "American exceptionalism" in a manner unlikely to offend Rachel Maddow: "It does not mean that we Americans are better than anyone else. It ... means that America is special because it is different from all other countries in history."

Limbaugh, like other conservatives, seizes upon the Pilgrims' story as an example of the terrible things that can happen when people pool their resources in a collectivist manner. The author seems particularly offended by the idea of a "Common House" at Plymouth. To him, the pilgrims suffered from the evils of Common-ism (my word, not Limbaugh's) and survived only by belatedly injecting individualism and free enterprise into their settlement.
>

<Limbaugh is also wrong in the same way that much of American history is wrong &#8212; in deifying the founding fathers. Limbaugh declares that they "believed all people were born to be free as individuals." The founding fathers were great in many ways, but the fact is, four of the first five presidents owned slaves. If they believed all people should be free, they certainly didn't act on it.>

Almost impossible to even discuss US history without 'opinions'. Somewhat disturbed at some of the ideas Limbaugh seems to present and more concerned about those of the article's author.

Much was said when PBS or NPR produced a cartoon series on US history---many well known celebs were involved. So 'whatever floats your boat'? I watched it a few times--never noticed anything 'upsetting'. Probably miss a lot.

http://www.libertyskids.com/

The Theme Song is performed by: Aaron Carter and Kayla I see a land with liberty for all Next thing I know the truth will rise and fall That's just the way it goes A word now to the wise The world was made to change Each day is a surprize I'm looking at life with my own eyes I'm searching for a hero to idolize Feeling the pain as innocence dies I'm looking at life through my own eyes I'll take my heart into battle Give that freedom bell a raddle Get my independence signed Declare for it on the dotted line Let Philadelphia freedom ring and patriotic voices sing Red, White and Blue Never give up You represent America! I'm hoping and praying for a brighter day I listen to my heart and I obey How can I see it any other way? I'm looking at life through my own eyes

No--the leaders of the nation should not have owned slaves. I can only assume that in the process of creating a new nation---there was chaos. No excuse I suppose. I would want my child to think critically about politics.

Last edited:
YAY! What has truly been impressive is hearing the children who call in to the show. Wide range in ages and very well spoken.

"Rush Babies Rule!".

:eusa_clap:

Last edited:
But if a liberal drug addict, obese, drunk, drug smuggler had tried to make himself the hero, we'd never hear the end of it.

He can posture and jiggle all he wants but he is not worthy to call himself Rush Revere.

Really, that's just trashy and exactly what we have all come to expect from him.

Let him write all the books he wants but he is no hero.

But if a liberal drug addict, obese, drunk, drug smuggler had tried to make himself the hero, we'd never hear the end of it.

He can posture and jiggle all he wants but he is not worthy to call himself Rush Revere.

Really, that's just trashy and exactly what we have all come to expect from him.

Let them have their circle jerk Ludz. It's been a while since they had a win.

Let them have their circle jerk Ludz. It's been a while since they had a win.

At least you recognize a real win when you see one!

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Nuttly, you asswiped idiot, we aren't talking about Barry Insane Obuma, we are talking about Rush!.....

obama-looks-stoned-1-1.jpg

Last edited:

Once again Henry is proven right!

But who in Hell cued the snakes?

LOL do you care that terrorists who have blown up the Pentagon, Capitol and Senate, committing murders and kidnappings write books and teach our children?

Nah, I did not think so. I personally can't stand the man but the hypocrisy is hilarious.

So what if Rush had a drug problem. Every other person is molly coddled when they are drug addicts, or use illegal substances. In fact we give them free syringes and places to shoot up. Some former illicit drug users are elected as president of the United States.

Thousands of people die from heroin overdoses every year, but, the only one who mattered was Philip Seymour Hoffman, found his dealer within a matter of hours. 730 fatal overdoses in NYC alone last year, but Hoffman mattered. Fuck the rest, give those New Yorkers' more needles so they can shoot up more!

Can't say one person addicted or illicit drug user is any different from another. They are all the same, some just treated a little more special.

CaféAuLait;9102903 said:

LOL do you care that terrorists who have blown up the Pentagon, Capitol and Senate, committing murders and kidnappings write books and teach our children?

Nah, I did not think so. I personally can't stand the man but the hypocrisy is hilarious.

So what if Rush had a drug problem. Every other person is molly coddled when they are drug addicts, or use illegal substances. In fact we give them free syringes and places to shoot up. Some former illicit drug users are elected as president of the United States.

Thousands of people die from heroin overdoses every year, but, the only one who mattered was Philip Seymour Hoffman, found his dealer within a matter of hours. 730 fatal overdoses in NYC alone last year, but Hoffman mattered. Fuck the rest, give those New Yorkers' more needles so they can shoot up more!

Can't say one person addicted or illicit drug user is any different from another. They are all the same, some just treated a little more special.
What the bubble headed libtard jerk off piss for brains like buttlypoundrite fail to mention is, Limbaugh USED to be addicted to PRESCRIPTION oxycodone, that he got LEGALLY prescribed to him for back pain, and there are hundreds of thousands of people in the same predicament. The drug is an opiate which is not only good for pain, but also gives the user a very nice feeling. It is HIGHLY addictive, and can happen to ANYONE. It doesn't make you a bad person. In fact Rush got the help he needed and broke the addiction. He should be commended.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;9102903 said:

What the bubble headed libtard jerk off piss for brains like buttlypoundrite fail to mention is, Limbaugh USED to be addicted to PRESCRIPTION oxycodone, that he got LEGALLY prescribed to him for back pain, and there are hundreds of thousands of people in the same predicament. The drug is an opiate which is not only good for pain, but also gives the user a very nice feeling. It is HIGHLY addictive, and can happen to ANYONE. It doesn't make you a bad person. In fact Rush got the help he needed and broke the addiction. He should be commended.

True, I agree. Oprah Winfrey was addicted to crack, but no one judges her by her past, do they?

Oprah?s Battle Against Crack Addiction

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Uh oh someone sounds bitter ! :lol:

Forum List

Back