Rush Interviews Rubio re: Immigration

I find Rubio to be exceptional in his ability to get his message out clearly and forcefully. A talent sadly lacking among so many Republicans these days.

I really enjoyed the interview.

I find Rubio to be exceptional in his ability to get his message out clearly and forcefully. A talent sadly lacking among so many Republicans these days.

He's very well-spoken without being too simplistic, communicates his message well, very listenable, whether one agrees with him or not.

Pretty interesting hearing Rush interviewing Rubio on immigration today. I was surprised that Rush took a more moderate tack, and there were callers who did the same. They were effusive in their praise of Rubio.

Holy crap, are we seeing cracks in the wall for the hardliners?

I didn't hear the interview, in part, because I don't listen to Rush. However, my car radio was tuned to the station that Rush broadcasts on when I got in, and I heard Rush's effusive praise for Rubio after the interview. As ridiculous (and hilarious) as it sounds, Rush has essentially informed his listeners how to perceive the bill. So, now most of his listeners will likely conclude that supporting the bill is a perfectly viable course of action. However, IF Rush had condemned the bill (which I believe Rush could and would have done without any qualms whatsoever, since I don't think he really cares about individual issues at all; he only cares about his ability to influence other people and events), I honestly believe his listeners would have lined up against the bill as if doing so was the moral equivalent of common decency.

Last edited:

Pretty interesting hearing Rush interviewing Rubio on immigration today. I was surprised that Rush took a more moderate tack, and there were callers who did the same. They were effusive in their praise of Rubio.

I didn't hear the interview, in part, because I don't listen to Rush. However, my car radio was tuned to the station that Rush broadcasts on when I got in, and I heard Rush's effusive praise for Rubio after the interview. As ridiculous (and hilarious) as it sounds, Rush has essentially informed his listeners how to perceive the bill. So, now most of his listeners will likely conclude that supporting the bill is a perfectly viable course of action. However, IF Rush had condemned the bill (which I believe Rush could and would have done without any qualms whatsoever, since I don't think he really cares about individual issues at all; he only cares about his ability to influence other people and events), I honestly believe his listeners would have lined up against the bill as if doing so was the moral equivalent common decency.

Definitely he essentially directs many of his listeners, and that's why it was so interesting hearing the way he approached the interview. And yes, had he condemned the bill that would have been about it. Everything he does is a calculation for ratings and influence, and this is no exception.

Should now be interesting to see how the conservatives react, and they will. Few on the right will admit it, but he's the tail wagging the dog.

Mac and Musty love the sound of their own whinnys. I listen to Rush and for the most part he validates what I already thought/think.

Only because he didn't have the guts to give his real opinion to Rubio's face! Yesterday MessiahRushie was boasting that it was up to him and the FOX Gossip Channel to KILL immigration reform. He only went easy on Rubio because Rubio told him that he has an out, if his bill gets changed, and all bills do get changed, it can fail and the GOP can say that at least they tried. So LimpBoy and the GOP will pretend to support it so they can say they tried, but the GOP and Rubio will make sure it fails which is what MessiahRushie approves, the tactic not the bill.

He's very well-spoken without being too simplistic, communicates his message well, very listenable, whether one agrees with him or not.

It's refreshing to listen to a young politician who is not just regurgitating the talking points of their party in an interview.

Rubio is impressive.

Last edited:

I enjoyed the interview too and thought Rubio is very intelligent, well spoken, made valid points and said that the one man standing in the way of comprehensive immigration reform is Barack Obama.

Only because he didn't have the guts to give his real opinion to Rubio's face! Yesterday MessiahRushie was boasting that it was up to him and the FOX Gossip Channel to KILL immigration reform. He only went easy on Rubio because Rubio told him that he has an out, if his bill gets changed, and all bills do get changed, it can fail and the GOP can say that at least they tried. So LimpBoy and the GOP will pretend to support it so they can say they tried, but the GOP and Rubio will make sure it fails which is what MessiahRushie approves, the tactic not the bill.

Excellent points!

This is what rush really said;

So we have to accept the fact that a large percentage of Hispanics think that Republicans want to deport them, when nobody's ever talked about deportation! Nobody's ever advocated it. All the Republicans have advocated is fealty to the law. There's a way to become a citizen, and why should certain people be exempted from it while the rest of the world is in line following the law? And so when they say that, the Democrats say, "See? They're biased against Hispanics. See? They're biased against Latinos."

Excellent points!

This is a paraphrase from huffington post not his points. He stole it.

Excellent points!

This is a paraphrase from huffington post not his points. He stole it.
Bullshit, and you know it or you would have posted a link.

I enjoyed the interview too and thought Rubio is very intelligent, well spoken, made valid points and said that the one man standing in the way of comprehensive immigration reform is Barack Obama.

How is President Obama standing in the way? I think that Gary Johnson, Huntsman, Rubio, Haley, Steele, Christie, Meagan McCain, and Jindal should be the new face of the Republican party.

This is what rush really said;

So we have to accept the fact that a large percentage of Hispanics think that Republicans want to deport them, when nobody's ever talked about deportation! Nobody's ever advocated it. All the Republicans have advocated is fealty to the law. There's a way to become a citizen, and why should certain people be exempted from it while the rest of the world is in line following the law? And so when they say that, the Democrats say, "See? They're biased against Hispanics. See? They're biased against Latinos."
If your MessiahRushie, pathological liar that he is, says something never happened, you can be sure it did. The GOP have talked so much about "deportation" that even Rubio had to address it and tell them to stop it!!!!!!

Rubio Attempting to Forge an Immigration Policy That His Fellow Republicans Can Love - NationalJournal.com

Rubio wants Republicans to speak in a nicer way about immigration. Terms like “deportation” or “self-deportation” are not helpful to the party’s broader message of fiscal conservatism. “It’s really hard to get people to listen to you on economic growth, on tax rates, on health care if you want to deport their grandmother,” he said.

Holy shit.

Rubio is a standard issue pol. Nothing impressive about him.

But........this is clearly subjective. Some of the people who find him impressive also find some other well known Alaskan pols impressive. Grain of salt and all that jazz.

Forum List

Back