Rummy: "Wrong about WMDs, al Qaeda connection"

nakedemperor

Aug 5, 2004
NYC
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/10/04/rumsfeld.iraq/index.html

He also conceded that U.S. intelligence was "wrong" in its conclusions that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.

"Why the intelligence proved wrong, I'm not in a position to say. I simply don't know," Rumsfeld said in remarks to the Council on Foreign Relations in New York.

When asked about any connection between Saddam Hussein and al Qaeda, Rumsfeld said, "To my knowledge, I have not seen any strong, hard evidence that links the two."

As recently as June, Vice President Dick Cheney was saying the opposite.

"There clearly was a relationship. It's been testified to. The evidence is overwhelming," Cheney said in an interview on CNBC's "Capitol Report."

Never, never, never leave your wingman! Stupid Rummy.

We KNOW everyone was wrong about WMDs-- we haven't found any. Why Cheney thought there was "overwhelming evidence" of a connection with al Qaeda, the world may never know...

OVERWHELM ME, DICK :dunno:

nakedemperor said:
We KNOW everyone was wrong about WMDs-- we haven't found any. Why Cheney thought there was "overwhelming evidence" of a connection with al Qaeda, the world may never know...

OVERWHELM ME, DICK :dunno:

...Really,..Why would anyone in there right mind think Saddam had WMD?!!?!?

saddamslaughter.jpg

Nick said:
...Really,..Why would anyone in there right mind think Saddam had WMD?!!?!?

Are, are you serious? Do you want to get into a semantic debate about whether Saddam (ever) had WMD, or had them in the early 2000s? Because we didn't go to war because Saddam had WMD in the 80s, I'll tell you that much Nick. But then again, he didn't have 'em in early 2000s, and we still went. Powell apologizes, APOLOGIZES to the U.N. for using 'intentionally misleading' sourcing in his WMD address. Rumsfeld, in the cited article, said there were no WMD found in Iraq after invasion.

What exactly are you arguing?

nakedemperor said:
Are, are you serious? Do you want to get into a semantic debate about whether Saddam (ever) had WMD, or had them in the early 2000s? Because we didn't go to war because Saddam had WMD in the 80s, I'll tell you that much Nick. But then again, he didn't have 'em in early 2000s, and we still went. Powell apologizes, APOLOGIZES to the U.N. for using 'intentionally misleading' sourcing in his WMD address. Rumsfeld, in the cited article, said there were no WMD found in Iraq after invasion.

What exactly are you arguing?

...The fact that people want to believe Saddam,...what sold them at a garage sale?...tossed them out with the trash?,..he used them on his own people and yet for some reason others think he no longer has WMD?....That's just crazy!...I would guess that someday we will find them,....I just don't understand why people think Saddam does not have W.M.D?!?!
... http://www.cnsnews.com//ViewSpecialReports.asp?Page=\SpecialReports\archive\200410\SPE20041004a.html

I`m not sure if or why Powell would apologize, maybe because what proof they shared with the world came from some guy who had other motives,...but the fact is Saddam killed thousands of people with WMD,..and if given another chance he would do it again,...that in it's self was reason to remove Saddam from power

....http://www.cnsnews.com/

Nick said:
...The fact that people want to believe Saddam,...what sold them at a garage sale?...tossed them out with the trash?,..he used them on his own people and yet for some reason others think he no longer has WMD?....That's just crazy!...I would guess that someday we will find them,....I just don't understand why people think Saddam does not have W.M.D?!?!
... http://www.cnsnews.com//ViewSpecialReports.asp?Page=\SpecialReports\archive\200410\SPE20041004a.html

I`m not sure if or why Powell would apologize, maybe because what proof they shared with the world came from some guy who had other motives,...but the fact is Saddam killed thousands of people with WMD,..and if given another chance he would do it again,...that in it's self was reason to remove Saddam from power

....http://www.cnsnews.com/

Nick-- its self-defeating logic to propose that since Saddam had WMDs and used them in the 80s that he had them in the early 2000s.

Donald Rumsfeld, one of the people in the world with the MOST to gain from Iraq having had WMDs before the invasion, conceded today that pre-war intelligence that Iraq had WMDs was "wrong". WRONG. As in not right, false, untrue. Maybe not intentionally, but it was wrong.

So you might wanna take up your beef with him.

And CNS news? Come on, man...

nakedemperor said:
Nick-- its self-defeating logic to propose that since Saddam had WMDs and used them in the 80s that he had them in the early 2000s.

Donald Rumsfeld, one of the people in the world with the MOST to gain from Iraq having had WMDs before the invasion, conceded today that pre-war intelligence that Iraq had WMDs was "wrong". WRONG. As in not right, false, untrue. Maybe not intentionally, but it was wrong.

So you might wanna take up your beef with him.

And CNS news? Come on, man...

...Ok,..we all know what Kind of person Saddam is,..why would he give up his weapons?....Even his own people still say he hid the WMD!.....when they check every spot in Iraq,...only then will I believe,..since Iraq is about the size of Cali,..it may take a while,....and if none are found,..then we could look in Syria or Iran,..but Saddam would not give up his W.M.D more so since he thought the U.S would never oust him,...and since he thought Germany & France had his back,...(since they are in the food for oil rip off),...even for a insane man like Saddam,..it's not in his train of thought to give in to any demands from the U.S

Forum List

Back