Rosie Meltdowns On the View

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by red states rule, May 24, 2007.

1. red states rule

red states rule Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
  2. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    poor big ass Rosie :redface: feeling sorry for herself because Elisabeth will not bow down to her and shut up.

way to go Elisabeth - brains and beauty in one hot package :cool:

3. Bern80

Bern80 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    uh, wow

It was close, but I'd have to give to Elisabeth. Just Rosie's excuse was her fear of how it would get spun and she would let Elisabeth even answer the question she asked.

And she's hot.

4. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    Rosie can't stand it when people do not roll over for her and let her bellow unchallenged

5. Bern80

Bern80 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    it lookeed like Elisabet was really close to whipping out an "oh no you di'nt" at the end there.

6. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    She just smacked Rosie around and it was fun to watch

Rosie had the deer in the headlights look when she would not back down

So much for the illusion of freindship between the two of them

Time for new storylines

7. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    I do not think that Elisabeth did a good job responding to Rosie - I think she was a bit shrill and didn't respond with enough cool facts, but this is my general complaint about Elisabeth, I think she is a slightly better than average educated conservative who doesn't do a great job using facts and figures to debate her points. Then again, the other panel members continually shout her down so perhaps I'm not giving her quite enough credit.

However, I think that she "won" the argument hands down for several reasons.

1) Good tv or bad, people are getting sick and tired of hearing Rosie O'Donnell and blame anything bad that happens to her on being a fat lesbian liberal. Newflash: According to you, Rosie, your company wanted to pay you over 10 million dollars to stay on the show and continue to do exactly what you do everyday...sorry sweetie, you aren't a victim.

2) Plain and simple, Rosie (and most of the other women on the show) are bitch and condescending to Elisabeth. So when Rosie tries to play the holier than thou "aren't we friends" card it smells just as full of shit as it is. Elisabeth, on the other hand, spends most of the time smiling politely and shaking her head sweetly as the others on the panel bash and insult everything she believes in...and then responds politely. So when she states that she "as a friend," wanted to give Rosie the opportunity to explain her own statements...it was believable.

3) Elisabeth was right. While I think that some of her beliefs are over the top and crazy conservative...Elisabeth was right that Rosie should stand up and explain her own statements and how they have be "misconstrued" rather than get Elisabeth to do it for her. Elisabeth called it a "game" and she was right in this as well. What Rosie wanted was to have conservative Elisabeth defend her...and then Rosie could go from there into a diatribe about how the conservative media slams the fat, lesbian Rosie and even Elisabeth agrees that they distort and lie. Elisabeth showed a lot of intelligence, in my opinion, by NOT falling into that trap.

Sigh...I could go on...but I've already spent too much time on the subject. Rosie was ridiculous...as usual...Joy Behar's asinine list was just that...asinine...and the viewing audience makes me embarrassed to be a woman...it reasserted that I'm glad I'm working when the show is on and just catch the more "interesting" clips on YouTube.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. JeffWartman

JeffWartman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Wow, I watched the video but didn't hear much...just thinking about what I wanted to do with Elisabeth :D :eusa_dance: :bowdown:

9. Ninja

Ninja Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +377
    How many carbon credits does Rosie need to buy every time she rips a fart?

10. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    about one tenth what you take up from spewing bullshit