romney

jrnv

Rookie
Jan 11, 2012
I am so shocked that republicans can treat one of there own in such a way as they have regarding mitt. i am a registered democrat. i intend to vote for mitt. I like obama but am not sure he can get things done. I am also a member of the church of jesus christ of latter day saints. i know that this is an issue for alot of americans but can not understand why? why should it matter? this is why we live in a free country. mitt is the only candidate who can win. stop all the negative ads (Newt) you are just giving amunition to obama. I am sure he is just relaxing and lauphing while all of you are fighting. get over it and think about what is at stake. grow up. and get behind him. nixon was a quaker, kennady was a catholic. remember separation of church and state!!!!! mitt will not try to convert all of you. he just wants what is best for the country.
OH and you evangelicals, if you are really christian then act like it. stop spreading fear and hate!!!!

I am so shocked that republicans can treat one of there own in such a way as they have regarding mitt. i am a registered democrat. i intend to vote for mitt. I like obama but am not sure he can get things done. I am also a member of the church of jesus christ of latter day saints. i know that this is an issue for alot of americans but can not understand why? why should it matter? this is why we live in a free country. mitt is the only candidate who can win. stop all the negative ads (Newt) you are just giving amunition to obama. I am sure he is just relaxing and lauphing while all of you are fighting. get over it and think about what is at stake. grow up. and get behind him. nixon was a quaker, kennady was a catholic. remember separation of church and state!!!!! mitt will not try to convert all of you. he just wants what is best for the country.
OH and you evangelicals, if you are really christian then act like it. stop spreading fear and hate!!!!

Romney and his superpac Restore Our Future spent a fortune on attack ads against Gingrich in Iowa.

Is he supposed to just sit back and take Romney's shit? They are in a race to be the nominee for the Republicans.

If Romney can dish it out, he can eat it as well.

As far as giving ammunition to Obama, Axelrod and Obama's team already have all they need on Romney.

They want him to be the nominee and going to go "scorched earth" against Mitt.

Good tell all your friends to vote for him too. Bashing Romney does not have anything to do with his religion for most. This is a primary, primaries get ugly, and it’ll make the candidate stronger in the end if its Mitt most Republicans’ will support him

And if anyone wants to jump in and explain to me why anyone in this race has to bow down, grab their ankles and take it from the Romney campaign, I'd sure like an explaination.

I hate coronations and I love this battle. Everyone is in it to win it. As they should. Romney was the first to go seriously negative.

Now he's getting back what he dished out.

Last edited:
i agree with you but can't understand why Newt is such a cry baby. he is the one who wants to dish it out but can't take it. Oh and being a conservative ? Throws Clinton under the bus while having an affair. that just shows him to lack character when this is what we need most.

Good tell all your friends to vote for him too. Bashing Romney does not have anything to do with his religion for most. This is a primary, primaries get ugly, and it’ll make the candidate stronger in the end if its Mitt most Republicans’ will support him

Exactly. If I were Mitt I'd be embarrassed by McCain and Sununu out there calling Newt a big meany.

Makes Mitt look like a cupcake.

I'm a Romney supporter. I don't think Newt has earned back any of his lost support with his attacks. I think if his ads make people back away from Romney their votes will go to Santorum or Paul or maybe Huntsman, not Newt.

But for the most part I think it's good that Romney is taking the heat now ... so there are no surprises later and because I think it will prepare him for the showdown with Obama.

i agree with you but can't understand why Newt is such a cry baby. he is the one who wants to dish it out but can't take it. Oh and being a conservative ? Throws Clinton under the bus while having an affair. that just shows him to lack character when this is what we need most.

Romney threw down the gauntlet. I'm not watching Newt cry. I'm watching Newt give Romney back a knuckle sandwich.

Mitt went heavy negative first. It's game on now.

And Newt by the way had to pursue Clinton for purgery. It had nothing to do with an affair.

And actually, Newt defended Clinton's bombings in retaliation for the attacks on the embassies when everyone else was running around saying President Clinton was just trying to deflect from having to testify.

Tens of Millions Spent to Target Newt Gingrich

By Gary Cohen

of the Iowa caucuses, well-funded so-called super PACs are using the political clout given to them by the nation's highest court in an unprecedented tour de financial force.

Data collected by the Center for Responsive Politics indicates 264 super PACs have raised more than $32 million and spent almost $16 million in the 2012 election cycle thus far, The Hill reports.

The lion's share of the money those groups have spent has targeted former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, according to The Hill. The impact in Iowa is clear: Iowa voters are being reminded repeatedly about Gingrich's ties to Freddie Mac, his divorces, and his lengthy Capitol Hill career.

"This is politics" former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney said last week when he reacted to calls for him to condemn attack ads run by the group Restore Our Future.

The Huffington Post points out that those were part of a $3.3 million negative ad campaign waged by the group against Gingrich.

Candidates with enough financial clout are able to lay their own groundwork to mobilize voters and remain positive while the super PACS continue to run negative ads, the Huffington Post reports.

Campaign finance observers have been concerned that empowered by the January 2010 U.S. Supreme Court ruling allowing independent groups to raise and spend unlimited money, such groups would change the balance of campaigns dramatically. In the past the political battlefield has been overseen by political party organizations and candidate committees.

According to a Huffington Post analysis of independent expenditures thus far this election cycle, super PACs have combined to spend $11 million in the Republican primaries, including at least $5.8 million in Iowa alone.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Tens of Millions Spent to Target Newt Gingrich
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!

Last edited:
I'm a Romney supporter. I don't think Newt has earned back any of his lost support with his attacks. I think if his ads make people back away from Romney their votes will go to Santorum or Paul or maybe Huntsman, not Newt.

But for the most part I think it's good that Romney is taking the heat now ... so there are no surprises later and because I think it will prepare him for the showdown with Obama.

I've got no dog in this hunt Amelia and I'm loving the battle.

If your man comes out as the candidate not one person can ever, ever say it was a coronation or he got it on a silver platter.

He will have come thru hell and high water to have earned it.

It matters to me because I think your religions is crazy and a scam, and people who actually believe Joseph Smith was talking to God shouldn't be put in charge of nuclear weapons.

But to the point, Obama is going to hit Romney on this a hundred times harder than Newt is. Romney cost thousands of people their jobs, and we are going to hear from all of them by the time this is over.

i am a registered democrat. i intend to vote for mitt

Yeah, right. For sure, you're a Democrat.

My god! Do you people really think this sort of nonsense really convinces anyone?

If you were a Dem. there would be no way in hell you'd vote for Mitt.

If you were a REAL Dem, you'd find it hard to cast your vote for OBAMA, so forget about how you'd be voting for any of the current GOP candidates.

It is astounding how many fucking liars post here,

i am sorry you feel that way. and i am serious about voting for mitt. you may b one of the many people who would never consider voting for the best candidate but i am not i want to move the country forward. not backward like party line people are content with doing

It matters to me because I think your religions is crazy and a scam, and people who actually believe Joseph Smith was talking to God shouldn't be put in charge of nuclear weapons.

But to the point, Obama is going to hit Romney on this a hundred times harder than Newt is. Romney cost thousands of people their jobs, and we are going to hear from all of them by the time this is over.

Please, if Obama goes after Romney a hundred times harder than Newt, it's just going to make conservatives stick up for the free market principles he's articulating 100 times more.

You realize that Newt's attacks on Romney have been helping him and hurting Newt right?

Please, if Obama goes after Romney a hundred times harder than Newt, it's just going to make conservatives stick up for the free market principles he's articulating 100 times more.

You realize that Newt's attacks on Romney have been helping him and hurting Newt right?

You do understand the whole country doesn't look like the Republican party, right?

Much like Al Gore bringing up Willie Horton didn't get much traction in the Criminal Coddling Democratic Party of 1988, attacking Vulture Capitalism isn't getting traction in certain factions of the GOP.

BUt for those who aren't paying attention, those who have been victims of "Vulture Capitalism" in terms of layoff in the last decade, yeah, that's going to resonate really well.

He is not one of our own. He is a big government, big corruption, filthy liberal.

THE GOP IS COMING BACK TO CONSERVATISM, OR CONSERVATISM IS LEAVING THE GOP.

Forum List

Back