Romney To Olympians: ‘You Didn’t Get Here Solely On Your Own’

Dick Tuck

Board Troll
Aug 29, 2009

ROMNEY: You Olympians, however, know you didn’t get here solely on your own power. For most of you, loving parents, sisters or brothers, encouraged your hopes, coaches guided, communities built venues in order to organize competitions. All Olympians stand on the shoulders of those who lifted them. We’ve already cheered the Olympians, let’s also cheer the parents, coaches, and communities.

What a hoot. I agree with Mitt on this.

ROMNEY: You Olympians, however, know you didn’t get here solely on your own power. For most of you, loving parents, sisters or brothers, encouraged your hopes, coaches guided, communities built venues in order to organize competitions. All Olympians stand on the shoulders of those who lifted them. We’ve already cheered the Olympians, let’s also cheer the parents, coaches, and communities.

Everybody does, but Romney wasn't trying to build a case for raising taxes. And he sure as hell didn't imply that the gov't deserves the credit for their accomplishments in getting to the Olympics, let alone if they win a medal.

Did he tell them that they didn't get there? That this wasnt their victory? Their honor?

Nice try

Someone should tell the Governor he's running for President.

Everybody does, but Romney wasn't trying to build a case for raising taxes. And he sure as hell didn't imply that the gov't deserves the credit for their accomplishments in getting to the Olympics, let alone if they win a medal.

This was the best candidate your money could buy? Shop harder in 4 years.

Did he tell them that they didn't get there? That this wasnt their victory? Their honor?

Nice try

Note the source? [ThinkProgress]. They're getting desparate to foist upon us that Romney actually agrees with Obama. Far from it. And the Olympics are far removed from small businesses that Obama attacked Friday week in Roaboke, Va.

It's disingenuous. The OP should know better. The Comparison is Apples to the byproduct after horses consume them.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
"" This was the best candidate your money could buy? Shop harder in 4 years. "

MY money? No way, he don't need my money anyway. Still a better choice than the guy we got now.

So how far did you have your "dick tucked," clear up into your fucking brain?

After the GOP thugs and the Willard campaign went on a frothing at the mouth rampage trashing Obama's speech by taking it out of context, claiming that the government is responsible for small business, this grand slam find shows the complete hypocrisy of Willard.

Willard states to olympians "You didn't get here solely on your own"

Go USA!

Romney To Olympians: 'You Didn't Get Here Solely On Your Own' | ThinkProgress

Apples/Oranges

You people are fucked up in the head!

There's no "out of context" to be taken here.

"(If you have a successful business)...You didn't do that. Somebody else did that."

What a fucking idiotic statement! What a fucking idiot that stated it! Obama is a fucking idiot!

Someone should tell the Governor he's running for President.

He said it in 2002.

really Olympic athletes are genetically gifted through no effort on their part and are able to compete based on something they lucked into and have no control over. It's not fair that I am not allowed to compete in the olympics solely because I was not blessed with superior athleticism and I deserve at least some of any medal won by every athlete that competes.

If Obama had phrased it as Mitt did, there wouldn't be any controversy. If he had just pointed out that entreprenours have invested and risked their fortunes, time, talents, and vision in creating businesses resulting in many others having a source of income by which to support themselves and their families. And then added that we also commend those who had the vision and resourcefulness, who invented the products, who provided the education, who voted the bonds, and share in the investment of a shared infrastructure.

Had he done that he would have been applauded by conservatives for sure.

But he didn't say that. He said that, if you've got a business, you didn't build that. Slip of the tongue? Freudian slip? Everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING, this President has done would suggest that he believes that with all his heart.

There is a huge difference between Mitt Romney applauding all of those, all of us, who have worked behind the scenes and contributed in so many ways to make the Olympic games possible. He didn't say, so you won a medal? You didn't do that.

Forum List

Back