Romney Slams GOP Leaders - Including His Own VP Nominee - for 2011 Budget Deal

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Moonglow, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,599
    Now isn't that just like Mittens taking to task those in his party and his VP pick .
    Can the repulicants keep from going to pieces?

Romney Slams GOP Leaders - Including His Own VP Nominee - for 2011 Budget Deal - Yahoo! News

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Lakhota

Lakhota Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,008
    I'm looking forward to the debates.

3. tinydancer

tinydancer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,035
    So am I. To the point that I cannot see any television whatsoever, we are booking hotel rooms for the debates.

I am soooooooooooooo charged. I cannot wait.

4. tinydancer

tinydancer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,035
    You should be up by me. You never ever give your location Lakhota. I know your tribe very well

No one knows you.

5. FA_Q2

FA_Q2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,327
    And?

He is right, it was a mistake because the super committee failed. It was never supposed to actually pan out like this and yet here we are. They all thought the idea would work, give a small group extra power, put a time bomb in their hands if they fail to come to a deal and they STILL failed. Go figure.

6. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    lovely unbaised headline from Yahoo snooze...and this is so important it should be posted a few more times

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  7. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,434

interesting... but what would he have done? he doesn't say. maybe he'd have not agreed to raise the debt ceiling and crash the entire economy.

i'm also not sure he's correct when he says that the president suggested the deal and the congress signed on to it. might be, but i don't remember.

what i do know is they were holding our economy hostage on an issue that really is a non-issue.

8. kyzr

kyzr Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +630
    1. The democracy is unworkable when lobbyists like Grover Nordquist control Congress and the Senate by controlling large donations. I support the fiscal cliff. Its necessary to do both crucial actions, raise taxes back to the Clinton Rates AND cut spending from $4T to $3T. These actions w/o fingerprints will save the economy at the cost of 1% more unemployment for about 3-months.

2. That Romney whines about the fiscal cliff means that he doesn't know the arithmetic of the Budget. He doesn't get how serious the situation is?! Then again, Ryan should have more than enough info to make informed decisions?!

This election is really for the uninformed, both sides suck, and it looks like the fiscal cliff is our only hope for fiscal sanity...

9. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    The only ones holding this economy HOSTAGE is Obama and his comrades in arms administration..

vote them out

10. FA_Q2

FA_Q2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,327
    Sequestration does not do that though. It just makes cuts and it does so in the most asinine way: without regard to what’s being cut at all. You can support it all you want but it was never meant to be.

The real lesson to take away from this is that the fuckers in congress failed to cut THREE FUCKING PERCENT out of the budget. That’s right, 1.5 trillion dollars over ten years needed to be cut from a budget around 40 trillion. How they failed to do this is beyond me.

As far as fingerprints go, no. That is the opposite of what we need. We do not need more politicians scapegoating tough decisions and we REALLY need a voting populous that is going to take them to task. As much as I would like to blame the politicians for this mess, it is the American people that have become too fat and lazy to learn anything about what’s going on or what needs to be done. They will not bother until it is too late.