Romney puts Obama in context

One line of Obama's speech that we havent really addressed is bothering me a bit.

He said:

"Somebody helped create this unbelievable American system that allowed you to thrive"

So if this American System is so unbelievable, and he really believes that, why does he want to fundamentally transform that system?

Wow, what a superb ad!

And I will admit, the leftists were right. When you take the "you didn't build that" out of context it does lose something in the translation ... taken in context you can see how little he thinks of not only small business but of those Americans who built this great American system. So thanks for all yer bitchin', lefty. We all need to hear what Obama said in context to fully appreciate his distorted pov.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Wow, what a superb ad!

And I will admit, the leftists were right. When you take the "you didn't build that" out of context it does lose something in the translation ... taken in context you can see how little he thinks of not only small business but of those Americans who built this great American system. So thanks for all yer bitchin', lefty. We all need to hear what Obama said in context to fully appreciate his distorted pov.

The part that makes it SO clear that he thinks people aren't responsible for their own success is:
"Look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something — there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help."

Yep.. the context makes it worse.

Forum List

Back