Romney Predicts His Policies Will Bring Unemployment Down To 6%

Talk about a bold faced liar......the government's fiscal year has always run from Oct. 1 of the budget year to the next Sept. 30. Obama's first year began Oct. 1, 2009. You and Romney both would phuck up a two car funeral.

Sorry, but the facts are that Pelosi-Reid-and President-elect Obama wouldn't let Bush anywhere NEAR that budget. They wrote it, Obama signed it.

President Obama Signs FY 2009 Omnibus Budget Bill
Written by Michael Wero
Friday, 13 March 2009 14:29

Navajo Nation Washington Office &view=article&id=66:president-obama-sign s-fy-2009-omnibus-budget-bill-&catid=35:fy20 09&Itemid=45

'It was supposed to have been completed last fall, but Democrats opted against election-year battles with Republicans and former President George W. Bush.'

Obama signs massive, 'imperfect' spending bill - politics - White House - msnbc.com

'Feb 26, 2009
OBAMA 2009 BUDGET PROJECTS DEFICIT OF $1.75 TRILLION

President calls for fiscal responsibility and hard choices, but not yet.

Washington, DC - President Obama’s $3.5 trillion 2009 budget will spend money today and burden taxpayers for generations. Under the Presidents proposal, spending will increase to nearly 35 percent of GDP, far from the historical norm of 20 percent, and the deficit will soar to 12.3 percent of GDP, levels not seen since the height of World War II.'

http://www.freedomworks.org/press-releases/obama -2009-budget-projects-deficit-of-175-trillion

LMAO!!

The CBO has [rojected that unemployment will be down to 5.3% by the end of the next presidential term. Romney would phuck up a two car funeral.

Obama's spending is down too....'course why wouldn't it be, one of the Bush wars ended and the other on the way out:

MW-AR658_spendi_20120521163312_ME.jpg

Until Barack Obama took office in 2009, the United States had never spent more than 23.5% of GDP, with the exception of the World War II years of 1942-1946.

Here’s the Obama spending record:
– 25.2% of GDP in 2009

– 24.1% of GDP in 2010

– 24.1% of GDP in 2011

– 24.3% (estimates by the White House ) in 2012

What’s more, if Obama wins another term, spending—according to his own budget—would never drop below 22.3% of GDP. If that forecast is right, spending during Obama’s eight years in office would average 23.6% of GDP. That’s higher than any single previous non-war year.

Yet financial columnist Rex Nutting of MarketWatch tries to portray the president as being downright stingy in a piece entitled, stunningly, “Obama spending binge never happened”:

Of all the falsehoods told about President Barack Obama, the biggest whopper is the one about his reckless spending spree. As would-be president Mitt Romney tells it: “I will lead us out of this debt and spending inferno.” Almost everyone believes that Obama has presided over a massive increase in federal spending, an “inferno” of spending that threatens our jobs, our businesses and our children’s future. Even Democrats seem to think it’s true. Government spending under Obama, including his signature stimulus bill, is rising at a 1.4% annualized pace — slower than at any time in nearly 60 years.

And here’s the chart summarizing Nutting’s argument:
052312spending.jpg

As the chart indicates, Nutting arrives at that 1.4% number by assigning 2009—when spending surged nearly 20%—to George W. Bush: “The 2009 fiscal year, which Republicans count as part of Obama’s legacy, began four months before Obama moved into the White House. The major spending decisions in the 2009 fiscal year were made by George W. Bush and the previous Congress. Like a relief pitcher who comes into the game with the bases loaded, Obama came in with a budget in place that called for spending to increase by hundreds of billions of dollars in response to the worst economic and financial calamity in generations.”

Let me complete the metaphor for Nutting: “Then as those runners scored, Obama kept putting more on base.”

Obama chose not to reverse that elevated level of spending; thus he, along with congressional Democrats, are responsible for it. Only by establishing 2009 as the new baseline, something Republican budget hawks like Paul Ryan feared would happen, does Obama come off looking like a tightwad. Obama has turned a one-off surge in spending due to the Great Recession into his permanent New Normal through 2016 and beyond.

It’s as if one of my teenagers crashed our family minivan, and I had to buy a new one. And then, since I liked that new car smell so much, I decided to buy a new van every year for the rest of my life. I would indeed be a reckless spender.

Here is another way Nutting could have framed the spending issue:
052312spending2.jpg

The Obama spending record looks a little different now, yes?

Mark Levin

Talk about a bold faced liar......the government's fiscal year has always run from Oct. 1 of the budget year to the next Sept. 30. Obama's first year began Oct. 1, 2009. You and Romney both would phuck up a two car funeral.

I thought congress spent the money

LMAO!!

The CBO has [rojected that unemployment will be down to 5.3% by the end of the next presidential term. Romney would phuck up a two car funeral.

Obama's spending is down too....'course why wouldn't it be, one of the Bush wars ended and the other on the way out:

MW-AR658_spendi_20120521163312_ME.jpg

Until Barack Obama took office in 2009, the United States had never spent more than 23.5% of GDP, with the exception of the World War II years of 1942-1946.

Here’s the Obama spending record:
– 25.2% of GDP in 2009

– 24.1% of GDP in 2010

– 24.1% of GDP in 2011

– 24.3% (estimates by the White House ) in 2012

What’s more, if Obama wins another term, spending—according to his own budget—would never drop below 22.3% of GDP. If that forecast is right, spending during Obama’s eight years in office would average 23.6% of GDP. That’s higher than any single previous non-war year.

Yet financial columnist Rex Nutting of MarketWatch tries to portray the president as being downright stingy in a piece entitled, stunningly, “Obama spending binge never happened”:

Of all the falsehoods told about President Barack Obama, the biggest whopper is the one about his reckless spending spree. As would-be president Mitt Romney tells it: “I will lead us out of this debt and spending inferno.” Almost everyone believes that Obama has presided over a massive increase in federal spending, an “inferno” of spending that threatens our jobs, our businesses and our children’s future. Even Democrats seem to think it’s true. Government spending under Obama, including his signature stimulus bill, is rising at a 1.4% annualized pace — slower than at any time in nearly 60 years.

And here’s the chart summarizing Nutting’s argument:
052312spending.jpg

As the chart indicates, Nutting arrives at that 1.4% number by assigning 2009—when spending surged nearly 20%—to George W. Bush: “The 2009 fiscal year, which Republicans count as part of Obama’s legacy, began four months before Obama moved into the White House. The major spending decisions in the 2009 fiscal year were made by George W. Bush and the previous Congress. Like a relief pitcher who comes into the game with the bases loaded, Obama came in with a budget in place that called for spending to increase by hundreds of billions of dollars in response to the worst economic and financial calamity in generations.”

Let me complete the metaphor for Nutting: “Then as those runners scored, Obama kept putting more on base.”

Obama chose not to reverse that elevated level of spending; thus he, along with congressional Democrats, are responsible for it. Only by establishing 2009 as the new baseline, something Republican budget hawks like Paul Ryan feared would happen, does Obama come off looking like a tightwad. Obama has turned a one-off surge in spending due to the Great Recession into his permanent New Normal through 2016 and beyond.

It’s as if one of my teenagers crashed our family minivan, and I had to buy a new one. And then, since I liked that new car smell so much, I decided to buy a new van every year for the rest of my life. I would indeed be a reckless spender.

Here is another way Nutting could have framed the spending issue:
052312spending2.jpg

The Obama spending record looks a little different now, yes?

Mark Levin

So since they're trying to blame this spending on Bush? Then doesn't the credit for the recovery Obama and biden are claiming now also belong to Bush?

First Read - The Romney standard: 4 percent unemployment, 500k jobs per month

The Romney standard, in short, would see the economy add 500,000 jobs per month. The former Massachusetts governor said that an unemployment rate above 4 percent is unacceptable.

"We should be seeing numbers in the 500,000 jobs created-per-month. This is way, way, way off from what should happen in a normal recovery," Romney said this morning on Fox News.
At an afternoon event in Pittsburgh, Romney said of the news that the unemployment rate had fallen to 8.1 percent: "Normally, that would be cause for celebration, but anything near 8 percent or over 4 percent is not cause for celebration."

Now he's saying 6%, which is worse than the CBO or Obama estimates. What a jerk this guy is.

this si what i love about the left, did they laugh when obama proclaimed the unemployment would not go past 8 if htis stimulus is passed, no they did not, but they can laugh at Romney, double edge thy name is democrat.

Didn't Barry say that if he couldnt' get er done in one term that he didn't deserve a second??

Yes. I believe he did make that statement.

Well....Bush didn't get her done in two terms. We were fighting two wars for five of Bush's eight years.

Get used to it....Romney is not about to win an election over Barack Obama. When the Blacks, Latinos, pissed off women, welfare recipients, seniors who want to keep their social security and health insurance, students who aren't rich enough to afford to go to college, Gays, Lesbians, Transvestites, ec. show up at the polls in November the elitist, private equity out of touch millionaire Romney will be history.

once again the Dems twist the meaning, i cant catch us in court if we ;re always changing the meaning.

YEs he siad that but Bush was bad too. WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Bush 2002 - 2009 New Spending - $5.07 Trillion
Obama 2009 - 2017 New Spending (including estimates) - $1.44 Trillion

What a bunch of hypocrits - they don't give a crap about government spending as long as it's being spent on what THEY want.

First Read - The Romney standard: 4 percent unemployment, 500k jobs per month

The Romney standard, in short, would see the economy add 500,000 jobs per month. The former Massachusetts governor said that an unemployment rate above 4 percent is unacceptable.

"We should be seeing numbers in the 500,000 jobs created-per-month. This is way, way, way off from what should happen in a normal recovery," Romney said this morning on Fox News.
At an afternoon event in Pittsburgh, Romney said of the news that the unemployment rate had fallen to 8.1 percent: "Normally, that would be cause for celebration, but anything near 8 percent or over 4 percent is not cause for celebration."

Now he's saying 6%, which is worse than the CBO or Obama estimates. What a jerk this guy is.

Could be a rare moment of Romney honestly - "The unemployment rate will go up if you elect me"

Romney Predicts His Policies Will Bring Unemployment Down To 6%.

"Read my lips, no new taxes"
- GHW Bush

Last edited by a moderator:
and what did OBama say about not having a second term?

"Anybody who doesn't agree I deserve a second term is a racist."

ya got me there, much like the peopel who turned the election into a race game. but you are right i stand corrected.

Horse Schit!!!!!

Just Wait Till November!!

When the disgruntled women, Hispanics, Blacks, seniors who want to keep their soscial security medicare and health insurance, welfare recipients, Gays, Lesbians, Transvestites, etc. show up at the polls in November...........Romney, the elitist, private equity, out of touch millionaire will be toast.

Last edited:
"Anybody who doesn't agree I deserve a second term is a racist."

ya got me there, much like the peopel who turned the election into a race game. but you are right i stand corrected.

Horse Schit!!!!!

When the disgruntled women, Hispanics, Blacks, seniors who want to keep their soscial security medicare and health insurance, welfare recipients, Gays, Lesbians, Transvestites, etc. show up at the polls in November...........Romney, the elitist, private equity, out of touch millionaire will be toast.

LOL!

Are you dressing in drag to vote again this year?

Horse Schit!!!!!

LOL!

and note the Group-think herds he mentions? :lol:

Horse Schit!!!!!

LOL!

I'm one of the seniors(77) who doesn't want his retirement and health insurance phucked with. I was in a union for years. I don't want those rights phucked with either.

Last edited:
Horse Schit!!!!!

LOL!

I'm one of the seniors(77) who doesn't want his retirement and health insurance phucked with. I was in a union for years. I don't want those rights phucked with either.
So WHy do you allow Obama to 'phuck with it'? And WHY do the taxpayers have to pay for it?

Forum List

Back