Romney is electable!

Romney is a moderate wishy washy rino in the McCain mode. We saw what happened last time. Sure he would win if nominated. So would Bozo the Clown.
But who wants someone who won't apologize for the biggest policy mistake in the 21st century, Romneycare?
Doesn't matter. Perry will take the nomination and stomp the life out of Obama in the debates.

One big problem with Perry.............he is religious fanatic and never met a illegal alien he didn't like!

badstate1.jpg

Don't forget the wildfires which have been burning since January and are still not out.

Still...since January.

Not saying its an easy thing to do but c'mon...it's fire. He can't put them out. Or allocate the resources to do it.

Fire. Not mid east peace, not NATO involvement, not any one of a thousand complex problems that would cross his desk as President.

Dude can't handle a fire.

I mean...its a fire. Not chess...its checkers.

Fire.

Heres his own website detailing his impotence:

Office of the Governor Rick Perry - Texas Wildfires

Funny how the first link is to FEMA.

Rick, its a fire. Put it out.

You're right. He should have called Obama, who can plug oil well leaks and stop typhoons.

Romney is a moderate wishy washy rino in the McCain mode. We saw what happened last time. Sure he would win if nominated. So would Bozo the Clown.
But who wants someone who won't apologize for the biggest policy mistake in the 21st century, Romneycare?
Doesn't matter. Perry will take the nomination and stomp the life out of Obama in the debates.

That's what the supposed REAL "conservatives" were saying when it was between "W" Bush and McCain for the GOP nomination. The REAL "conservatives" were overjoyed when the REAL "conservative" Bush won over the moderate RINO McCain.

And you see what happened.......

What fantasyland did that happen in?
Bush was certainly MORE conservative than McCain. He still is.

I understand that Romney would probably get more votes than Perry in the general, but I still wouldn't want him as the GOP candidate. Perry can beat Obama also, and he's shown he can govern, where as Romney was a horrible governor.

Romney doesn't have leadership quality, and the country needs a president we rally behind..Perry has strong convictions, a good track record, and inspires confidence.

Romney was a horrible governor.

How would you expect Perry, or anyone else, to do with a legislature comprised almost 100% of the (hostile, corrupt, entrenched) other party? Republican governors in MA before him faced similar dilemas.

I understand that Romney would probably get more votes than Perry in the general, but I still wouldn't want him as the GOP candidate. Perry can beat Obama also, and he's shown he can govern, where as Romney was a horrible governor.

Romney doesn't have leadership quality, and the country needs a president we rally behind..Perry has strong convictions, a good track record, and inspires confidence.

Perry doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in the people whom I talk to. Romney is thought of better in the corporate world, at least in those with whom I speak.

In all honesty, at this point in Obama's presidency, he has compeletely lost any faith, hope, or trust I might have had at one point.

ABO is my canidate, anybody but obama....kinda like 2004's ABB canidate :lol:

Agreed. Thats the only reason Obama was put in office in the first place. After that retarded chimp's regime came to an end all of America just wanted something other then republican.

Look where we are now. Same shit, different day.

Perry doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in the people whom I talk to. Romney is thought of better in the corporate world, at least in those with whom I speak.

Well, that settles it then. He has no chance becaues people Toro talks to have no confidence in him.

People I talk to are generally excited/impressed by him. By polling so is everyone else.

Well, that settles it then. He has no chance becaues people Toro talks to have no confidence in him.

People I talk to are generally excited/impressed by him. By polling so is everyone else.

Oh I gotta lot of faith in Rick Perry.

Gotta lotta faith that he will be just like Chimpy 'mission accomplished'

Rabbi are you on the payroll of Perry's campain, cause the guy is a loser but you wanna have his baby.

I'm partial to Romney. Even despite some of his areas of weakness. However, I don't exactly put alot of creedence in what Pawlenty is saying. I lost respect for him when he dropped out before even really trying. Not only that, I don't want vote for someone because he is electable. I want to vote for someone because he's the man (or woman) who deserves to be President.

It's easy to be more electable than Obama. Especially in this Depression.

Saying someone is more electable than Obama isn't saying much.

i love when rightwingers say things like that... as if he weren't elected with 365 electoral votes last time. reality: he may lose... he may not... but you do know that your pov isn't necessarily a good gauge of anything.

just to let you know.

Whoa calm down, I'm not right wing...

Not left wing either while I'm at it.

I'm partial to Romney. Even despite some of his areas of weakness. However, I don't exactly put alot of creedence in what Pawlenty is saying. I lost respect for him when he dropped out before even really trying. Not only that, I don't want vote for someone because he is electable. I want to vote for someone because he's the man (or woman) who deserves to be President.

It's easy to be more electable than Obama. Especially in this Depression.

i love when rightwingers say things like that... as if he weren't elected with 365 electoral votes last time. reality: he may lose... he may not... but you do know that your pov isn't necessarily a good gauge of anything.

just to let you know.

Just to let YOU know...

Last election he wasn't facing the news that he has personally invested BIG money in so-called "green" firms that he later, as President, helped funnel taxpayer $$ to, that are now bankrupt. As well, unemployment was not running 9.2%, there wasn't inflation, $15,000,000,000,000 of debt, three wars, worthless $, U.S. credit downgrade, high energy prices, etc.

He's toast.

Last edited:

just to let you know.

Just to let YOU know...

Last election he wasn't facing the news that he has personally invested BIG money in so-called "green" firms he helped funnel taxpayer $$ to, that are now bankrupt. As well, unemployment was not running 9.2%, there wasn't inflation, $15,000,000,000,000 of debt, three wars, worthless $, U.S. credit downgrade, high energy prices, etc.

He's toast.
Jillian is hoping Anthony Weiner jumps in to challenge O.

I'd tell you what a few rich Republicans in Texas have told me about Perry, but I'm afraid you'd have an aneurysm, and I wouldn't want that on my hands.

Unfortunately for you, he isn't pro-slavery nor pro-shooting-union-leaders, but watcha gonna do?

Romney has more appeal to moderates and Independents, he could very well garner votes from conservative Dems.
I know the far right likes to bash anyone who doesn't share their extreme views, but the far right can't elect someone without the votes of the despised middle ala the "swing voter". If Perry gets the nomination, watch him shift more to the middle and promise things and say things that go completely away from far-right-logic. If he doesn't, he could very possibly lose in the general election, even with the likes of Obama as his foe.

That's what the supposed REAL "conservatives" were saying when it was between "W" Bush and McCain for the GOP nomination. The REAL "conservatives" were overjoyed when the REAL "conservative" Bush won over the moderate RINO McCain.

Uhhhhh......maybe that was my point? :eusa_eh:

The REAL conservatives were overjoyed to see a REAL conservative POTUS like "W" elected.

And you know what happened to this nation when the REAL conservative Bush was POTUS.

We sure as hell don't want to go through that again. :eusa_hand:

Uhhhhh......maybe that was my point? :eusa_eh:

The REAL conservatives were overjoyed to see a REAL conservative POTUS like "W" elected.

And you know what happened to this nation when the REAL conservative Bush was POTUS.

We sure as hell don't want to go through that again. :eusa_hand:

Tell that to the millions of Americans who actually had jobs from 2001 - 2009 that are now collecting food stamps and unemployment.... They may beg to differ.

I'd tell you what a few rich Republicans in Texas have told me about Perry, but I'm afraid you'd have an aneurysm, and I wouldn't want that on my hands.

Unfortunately for you, he isn't pro-slavery nor pro-shooting-union-leaders, but watcha gonna do?

Oh, a fe rich Republicans in Texas had bad things to say about him. Why didnt you say so? That changes everything. Not.
I guess the meme that Perry is just a tool of the wealthy is untrue.

Do you have evidence he is against shooting union members?

Romney has more appeal to moderates and Independents, he could very well garner votes from conservative Dems.
I know the far right likes to bash anyone who doesn't share their extreme views, but the far right can't elect someone without the votes of the despised middle ala the "swing voter". If Perry gets the nomination, watch him shift more to the middle and promise things and say things that go completely away from far-right-logic. If he doesn't, he could very possibly lose in the general election, even with the likes of Obama as his foe.

You mean like McCain, who was the Republican that all Democrats said they could vote for?
We've heard that one before and know how it turns out.

How would you expect Perry, or anyone else, to do with a legislature comprised almost 100% of the (hostile, corrupt, entrenched) other party? Republican governors in MA before him faced similar dilemas.

You have a good point, but he signed off on Romney Care, which makes his performance dismal, despite any slack he would have got for having difficult circumstances to deal with.

You have a good point, but he signed off on Romney Care, which makes his performance dismal, despite any slack he would have got for having difficult circumstances to deal with.
That he signed off on it is bad. That he continues to defend the decision is worse.

Forum List

Back