Romney got fewer votes than McCain. Where was the "excitement"

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
Last week, all the conservatives could talk about was the crowd size and the "excitement" on the Romney side of the ledger. He ended up getting 2 million fewer votes than McCain.

Any clues about what happened to the "excitement"

It probably would have put him even with Obama.

Here's the thing. Romney got 2 million less than McCain did (which is justice, because McCain was a better man and a better candidate.) But Obama got 8 million less votes than he did in 2008. (Which again, is probably fair in that a lot of his supporters were disappointed.)

But overall, that means that 10 million people who voted in 2008 became so disillusioned with the process they didn't bother this time.

I'm not sure this is good for democracy in general.

Interesting. Those two million votes sure would have helped, y'know?

Depending on the states that had less turnout. Those are the results I'm looking to see. I Imagine the Sandy hit areas will have less turn out but perhaps Arizona and Illinois will make up the rest?

If it was a swing state that had less turn out; I have to agree with Joe to a point...that isn't good but I think its not good for NFL-level politics and isn't speaking to the heart of democracy.

Here's the thing. Romney got 2 million less than McCain did (which is justice, because McCain was a better man and a better candidate.) But Obama got 8 million less votes than he did in 2008. (Which again, is probably fair in that a lot of his supporters were disappointed.)

But overall, that means that 10 million people who voted in 2008 became so disillusioned with the process they didn't bother this time.

Couldn't agree more. Our "leaders" should be able to look at these numbers and get a very clear message, but somehow I'm not holding my breath on that.

Put another way, it IS democracy; a decision not to vote is still a decision.
Perhaps more people would vote if there were more people to vote for; i.e., more choice and less domination by the two institutions that have installed themselves at the head of the US government under the title of Democrat and Republican.

The voter turnout was lower overall.

Funny how no one has mentioned that Obama received fewer votes than he did in '08, all they seem focused on is Romney's failure to garner as many votes as McCain...

Funny how no one has mentioned that Obama received fewer votes than he did in '08, all they seem focused on is Romney's failure to garner as many votes as McCain...

Obama recognized all along he wasn't going to get as many votes as he did in 2008. It was always a matter of whether he'd get enough.

Keep in mind, Obama got 10 million more than Kerry did in 2004 and 19 million more than Gore did in 2000. So going up was going to be a challenge.

McCain got 3 million less votes than Bush did in 2004. So ROmney losing another 2 million votes is probably a big deal.

I see Romney getting less than McCain as more relevant and telling...it's obvious to most that Obama's popularity isn't as high as 2008, but 4 years in the WH will probably do that to most people.

It's absolutely shocking that Romney got less than McCain did when you consider the hype and sense of urgency coming from the right since the election cycle began.

Both candidates were/are sub par.

It was fake excitement...repubs tell themselves lies and the problem is they believe it.

Last week, all the conservatives could talk about was the crowd size and the "excitement" on the Romney side of the ledger. He ended up getting 2 million fewer votes than McCain.

STOP IT!!!!

The talking point is this is not 2008 and Obama did not do as well as he did in 2008. Therefore his win is not really a win

:eusa_clap:

Not sure ,but you will still wake-up tomorrow an idiot ! $3562723908.gif

The GOP sucks. They will die off soon enough. Make room for the libertarians! :)

Dear Liberty: If you are serious about your goals as a Libertarian, as I am as a Constitutionalist, I urge you to unite with as many Republicans and independents as possible. And quit splitting the vote.

I bet you would have more success uniting Ron Paul and Libertarians and Tea Party with the GOP on Constitutional grounds, before the Occupy/Greens get their agenda under the Dems.

I am going to focus on promoting team projects and model solutions to propose to govt, by forming teams across the different party leaders, especially indie candidates for President.

I hope you will also work on uniting instead of dividing.
It's great to use third party platforms to exert pressure and influence on the larger parties, but not to the point where you split the attention and lose the focus.

Keep up the educational outreach, and I hope to see more collaborative teamwork among the Constitutionalists from diverse parties, regardless of the numbers. I believe we should foster respect of each person or party's political beliefs, similar to religious beliefs, and never compete to trump one over the other; but find common ground by the Constitution and stick to enforcing that where no one has to compromise or compete to defend their views.

Not sure ,but you will still wake-up tomorrow an idiot !View attachment 22395

says the idiot with childish gifs and nonsensical posts:eusa_shhh:

I see Romney getting less than McCain as more relevant and telling...it's obvious to most that Obama's popularity isn't as high as 2008, but 4 years in the WH will probably do that to most people.

It's absolutely shocking that Romney got less than McCain did when you consider the hype and sense of urgency coming from the right since the election cycle began.

Yep, one would've that Satan himself was running for re-election, the way some of the wackos rambled on. Well, WTF, where'd y'all get to? Yer boi Romney dun screwed the pooch. Was there a good movie on or something? Gilligan's Island reruns?
I know the whole lot of yer potential candidates are freaks, but, fuck, I thought y'all picked the least freaky one to get behind.
Well, if it's any consolation, since I'm on Mars (California), I voted for Roseanne. She didn't win either.
Eh, life goes on.

:D

The GOP sucks. They will die off soon enough. Make room for the libertarians! :)

Dear Liberty: If you are serious about your goals as a Libertarian, as I am as a Constitutionalist, I urge you to unite with as many Republicans and independents as possible. And quit splitting the vote.

I bet you would have more success uniting Ron Paul and Libertarians and Tea Party with the GOP on Constitutional grounds, before the Occupy/Greens get their agenda under the Dems.

I am going to focus on promoting team projects and model solutions to propose to govt, by forming teams across the different party leaders, especially indie candidates for President.

I hope you will also work on uniting instead of dividing.
It's great to use third party platforms to exert pressure and influence on the larger parties, but not to the point where you split the attention and lose the focus.

Keep up the educational outreach, and I hope to see more collaborative teamwork among the Constitutionalists from diverse parties, regardless of the numbers. I believe we should foster respect of each person or party's political beliefs, similar to religious beliefs, and never compete to trump one over the other; but find common ground by the Constitution and stick to enforcing that where no one has to compromise or compete to defend their views.

Funny thing is that the occupy/green guys are more "libertarian" in practice then you folks are..

Not sure ,but you will still wake-up tomorrow an idiot !View attachment 22395

says the idiot with childish gifs and nonsensical posts:eusa_shhh:

yea ,that was one stupid post you just made, I will put you on my list of demwit idiots..:clap2:

Forum List

Back