Romney Advisor: No Obamacare Repeal

Can you explain how having more people buying into the private insurance system is going to "collapse" it?

people will not be able to afford the premiums opening the door to a public option...and all will be forced into it...not by chouice....financially, they will not be able to handle the higher premiums.

You see...the "pre-existing conditions caluse" as bad as it was, was necessary to keep premiums down. People were not buying insuracne until they had a catastrophic issue arise.

Now, even with the madate, premiums are going to HAVE to rise dramatically to cover the influx of "use" of the policies...

Furthermore, with the "26 year old" child clause.....family policies have more dependants for a longer time....so again, to compensate, premiums are going to rise dramatically.

Now, contrary to popular belief, the insurance industry has been earning about a 4% profit rate....so they can not dip into that to make up for the increase in policy usage...so they will need to increase policy premiums.

Ah..so you are basically saying that HMOs are a bad way to go in terms of dealing with Americans that actually get sick?

:lol: Yeah..I think so too.

Actually, I have a different view onhealthcare insurance than pretty much anyone out there...on both sides of the aisle.

Healthcare insurance is supposed to be that...INSURANCE.

Insuracne for something out of the ordinary. Like auto insurance; home insurance; etc...

It should be ONLY for catastrophic.

Not for annual visits...inoculations...things such as that.

Those things should be deemed as "cost of living" such as rent, food, etc.

My father in law was a pediatrician. He used to have people bring thier kids in becasue they had a runny nose....5 yeqar olds with a runny nose....and they would come in, he would say they have a runny nose...and the insuracne company had to pay out 1000 bucks...

He has had parenbts bring theuir kids in with a bloody knee......he would clean it up and put a bandaid on it...and the insurance company had to pay.

My practitioner would laugh at how he has the same patients coming in week after week with hang nails, chapped lips, mild rashes....and why? Becuase it gave them something to do and they didnt need to pay for it...their insurance company paid for it...

The way I see it? Insurance is supposed to be INSURANCE....in case something terrible happens.

Can you explain how having more people buying into the private insurance system is going to "collapse" it?

More people wont be buying into it, more people will be added onto it with the same amount of people paying even more to cover those people. It's unsustainable.
And I am sure Romneys advisers advised him to go along with it just through the election cycle, maybe get him more votes if he says he wont repeal, then after being elected go all out on the repeal.
Besides, even if he doesnt want to repeal, if the GOP keeps the house and wins the senate filibuster proof they can do away with it without the presidents approval, checks and balances fellas...checks and balances.

How is it unsustainable? If everyone is required to purchase health insurance, that's millions more people BUYING insurance...that likely would not have before. How on earth will that "collapse" the private insurance system?
when people have insurance, they tend to "make claims" more often than they need to.

Before healthcare insurance became "for everything" a doctor would say "take two aspirins" over the phone.

Now?

They come into the office, have heart rate checked, tempoerature ckecked, blood pressure checked....and then told to take "two aspirins"

The difference?

The call cost an insurance company nothing...

A visit to the office costs the insurance company 1000 bucks.

And the result is the same.

In other words, they plan to whittle at it like Roe v. Wade through the back door.
No, they plan to repeal s portion of it so that it LOOKS LIKE they're trying to repeal it. President "Romeny" would be nearly the same as re-electing Obama.

Don't look at a candidate and what he says, look sat his advisers and what THEY say. That's the kind of President you're gonna' get.

Remember when Obama said as President he'd "Re negotiate NAFTA"? Canada was quite upset about that but Obama s advisers said "Don't worry, he's just campaigning. He won't ask to actually do it". And he never did. ANd he never will.

Willard "Mittens" Romeny is doing the exact same thing. That's how you know he's owned by Corporate and Banking interests.

march_of_tyranny.jpg

Funny that ya'll don't see a problem with a doctor visit costing $1000...

The simple solution is Medicare for all...

I see a major problem with it.

Medicare costs money.

My son at the age of 22 had chest pains......and he took it upon himself to go to the ER....I knew nothing about it...his GF took him at 12 midnight...

THey checked his BP and his heart rate. THey asked him what he had eaten that day....and doing nothing more, they told him it is likely gas...they gave him Tums...had him lie down for 15 minutes....the pain went away.....and they released him.

He was in the waiting room for about an hour and the examining room for about a half hour...including the 15 minutes rest.

The charge?

$3300 for the ER cost, $660 for the doctor (who he never met...the MA did the BP and heart rate work)...and $29 for the MA.....(billed at $58 an hour)

So, in essence, the insurance company paid 4,000 for a half hour of use of the emergency room with nothing administered other than 2 Tums.

That is why health insurance is so high....not becuase the insurance companies want to make a 4% profit.

I'd like to see the RepubliCONZ run on a platform of ELIMINATING Social Security.

Once their retard baby-boomer followers figure out it'll be THEIR bitch asses paying for grandma's nursing home at a couple grand a month, and you'll see how fast a go-go 80's Reaganaut turns into fricking Vladimir Lenin!

I'd like to see the RepubliCONZ run on a platform of ELIMINATING Social Security.

Once their retard baby-boomer followers figure out it'll be THEIR bitch asses paying for grandma's nursing home at a couple grand a month, and you'll see how fast a go-go 80's Reaganaut turns into fricking Vladimir Lenin!

you been watching WAY TOO much MSNBC....

If SS were to be eliminated, people would be grandfathered.

Anyone who had put into the system would receive equal benefits in retrurn.

Legally, it could be done no other way.

Intelligent people are aware of this.

MSNBC watchers are not.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I actually support a President who will go through the bill, line by line, and fix it so it works, doesn't cost us fucking billions in taxes, and is Constitutional. A total repeal is not practical and parts of the bill should remain. Logic over politics. *Bows*

You actually trust politicians to do the right thing? If you look up "naive" in the dictionary, you'll see your picture there.

There isn't a single line in that piece of garbage worth saving.

people will not be able to afford the premiums opening the door to a public option...and all will be forced into it...not by chouice....financially, they will not be able to handle the higher premiums.

You see...the "pre-existing conditions caluse" as bad as it was, was necessary to keep premiums down. People were not buying insuracne until they had a catastrophic issue arise.

Now, even with the madate, premiums are going to HAVE to rise dramatically to cover the influx of "use" of the policies...

Furthermore, with the "26 year old" child clause.....family policies have more dependants for a longer time....so again, to compensate, premiums are going to rise dramatically.

Now, contrary to popular belief, the insurance industry has been earning about a 4% profit rate....so they can not dip into that to make up for the increase in policy usage...so they will need to increase policy premiums.

Ah..so you are basically saying that HMOs are a bad way to go in terms of dealing with Americans that actually get sick?

Actually, I have a different view onhealthcare insurance than pretty much anyone out there...on both sides of the aisle.

Insuracne for something out of the ordinary. Like auto insurance; home insurance; etc...

My father in law was a pediatrician. He used to have people bring thier kids in becasue they had a runny nose....5 yeqar olds with a runny nose....and they would come in, he would say they have a runny nose...and the insuracne company had to pay out 1000 bucks...

He has had parenbts bring theuir kids in with a bloody knee......he would clean it up and put a bandaid on it...and the insurance company had to pay.

My practitioner would laugh at how he has the same patients coming in week after week with hang nails, chapped lips, mild rashes....and why? Becuase it gave them something to do and they didnt need to pay for it...their insurance company paid for it...

The way I see it? Insurance is supposed to be INSURANCE....in case something terrible happens.

I agree.

I worked for a company that required an annual physical that was paid for by my company insurance.

I went in for my appointment and presented my insurance card.

I lived in a small town where everyone knew everyone, and I knew the receptionist.

She asked me if I was sure my insurance company paid for physical, because the cash price was $80 but the insurance price was closer to $300...and if the insurance company refused to pay, that $300 would come back on me to pay in full.

If Romney isn't going to repeal Obamacare, there is no reason to consider him as a candidate.

That is my number one issue for 2012.

I agree.

I worked for a company that required an annual physical that was paid for by my company insurance.

I went in for my appointment and presented my insurance card.

I lived in a small town where everyone knew everyone, and I knew the receptionist.

She asked me if I was sure my insurance company paid for physical, because the cash price was $80 but the insurance price was closer to $300...and if the insurance company refused to pay, that $300 would come back on me to pay in full.

ah...but here is the irony....

Your company was paying 5000 a year premiuum for you...and if you stayed healthy, it was to save 300 for the one doctor visit...and if YOU had to pay the 5000 you were doing it to save 300

Me?

I would rather pay 300 a year for the doctor visit and 3000 a year premium for insurance that would cover ONLY catastrophic.

The insureds that would sign up under the individual mandate fall now into two categories, those that can't afford health insurance and those that are healthy enough they don't want to bother. The latter group far outnumber the former. A lot of healthy people signing up for health insurance is almost pure profit for the industry.

If the individual mandate was really a threat to "collapse" the health-insurance industry, their lobbyists wouldn't have pushed so hard for it. The threats to their solvency lie elsewhere in the Act, and the individual mandate is there to make those provisions affordable.

I truly, truly WISH that Obamacare would have that effect and result in a single-payer system. I wish you guys were right. But you're not.

Any bills that are passed by just one party is always a bad bill.
The Majority of the nation wants this very partisan bill repealed and a Health Care bill that has bipartisan input into it.
Dems seem to have forgotten that this nation has 2 parties not just theirs.

The insureds that would sign up under the individual mandate fall now into two categories, those that can't afford health insurance and those that are healthy enough they don't want to bother. The latter group far outnumber the former. A lot of healthy people signing up for health insurance is almost pure profit for the industry.

If the individual mandate was really a threat to "collapse" the health-insurance industry, their lobbyists wouldn't have pushed so hard for it. The threats to their solvency lie elsewhere in the Act, and the individual mandate is there to make those provisions affordable.

I truly, truly WISH that Obamacare would have that effect and result in a single-payer system. I wish you guys were right. But you're not.

where do you come up with this stuff?

Both sides of the aisle, the insurance industry and medical professionals all agree on one thing...

The individual mandate was a must to counter the abolishmnet of pre existing conditions clauses.

Otherwise, everyone would wait until they had a serious condition before purchasing insurance....for it would be wise to spend 600 a year per family on basic meidcal costs as opposed to 18K a year on insurance.

You have been watching WAY too much MSNBC.

Forum List

Back