Romney accuses McCain of "dirty tricks"

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
By Steve Holland and Claudia Parsons
1 hour, 24 minutes ago

SIMI VALLEY, California (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney angrily accused his rival John McCain on Wednesday of "dirty tricks" for saying he had backed a timetable for withdrawing U.S. troops from Iraq.

"It's offensive to me that someone would suggest that I have," Romney said.

Simmering tensions from the campaign for Florida, where McCain outdueled Romney to win the state's Republican nomination contest on Tuesday and solidify his front-runner status, spilled over into a crucial debate in California.

Romney, a former Massachusetts governor now fighting for his political life with more than 20 states to hold their nominating votes on "Super Tuesday" next week, accused McCain of lying about his Iraq record.

more ... http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080131/pl_nm/usa_politics_republicans_dc

Let the name-calling begin. :rofl:

mcain told absolute falsehoods regarding romney's record and now that romney defends himself he is the sore sport.

where were the journalists here? surely there can be no bias in the media.

romney was the only republican running in the primaries and now we get mcian the democrat running as the most likely republican nominee

the GOP is now officially dead

McCain starts it and you make the statement that Romney responding is starting the name calling?

Nah ... you're reading way too far into it. Just a general statement about it beginning, not who specifically tossed the first brick. If Romney's allegations are true, then McCain actually started it from a principle standpoint.

Just a general statement about it beginning, not who specifically tossed the first brick.

I can tell you who tossed the first brick. It was McCain in the FL primary in an effort to garner all those military votes for himself. McCain falsely charged that Romney supported setting a timetable to get out of Iraq. You'd have to use a very long stretch of imagination to come to that conclusion, but "dirty politics" evidentally worked for McCain in FL.

In this week's debate, McCain's personality come to the forefront: churlish, cantankerous, negative—obviously resentful of Romney’s financial success which has enabled him to contribute to his own campaign. Apparently to McCain’s mind, this is something that voters should find appalling and galling??????

It would be interesting to know how much of McCain's personal funds--as well as each of the other candidates--have been expended on their own campaigns.

"Scuse me, gunny. McCain is the Republican Nominee for Presidential consideration. Are you changing parties?

Silly, ain't it?

Tsk tsk ... your assumptions would be silly. One, you assume I am a Republican, and two, you assume I will support whoever is the Republican nominee.

Your assumptions in both cases would be incorrect.

Once again, gunny, 'scuse me. We both know all about AssU and me, assume.

Tsk tsk ... your assumptions would be silly. One, you assume I am a Republican, and two, you assume I will support whoever is the Republican nominee.

Your assumptions in both cases would be incorrect.

I note you offer a condemnation yet you fail to offer any explanation. What have you, my friend, to explain your tendensies towards backward politics?

Forum List

Back