"Roman" Catholic

froggy

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2009
Wasn't this religious group started by the romans to have dominance over religion.

Uhm....no. Peter (one of Christ's disciples) was the founder of the Roman Catholic Church and the FIRST Pope.

I hate when peope spread malicious bullshit about the RCC. :rolleyes:

I am RC. This is what I know to be true about my Church.

The Roman Catholic Church was founded by the Holy Spirit at Pentecost, some 50 days after Jesus' execution by the Roman Army, circa 30-APR CE. Peter moved to Rome, and became the first Pope of the Christian movement. We believe that he was followed by a continuous succession of Popes up to the present day.

Uhm....no. Peter (one of Christ's disciples) was the founder of the Roman Catholic Church and the FIRST Pope.

But couldn't Peter have been swayed by the Romans, after all he did deny Jesus three times.

But couldn't Peter have been swayed by the Romans, after all he did deny Jesus three times.

Perhaps, but look who carried out His execution..... :eusa_think:

Maybe Peter subscribed to the old adage, keep your friends close, but your enemies closer? Suppose we'll all find out the whole story when/if we land in Heaven.

;)

Maybe Peter subscribed to the old adage, keep your friends close, but your enemies closer? Suppose we'll all find out the whole story when/if we land in Heaven.

;)

Maybe he had a change of heart and the Romans didn't like it so they replaced him.

;)

Maybe he had a change of heart and the Romans didn't like it so they replaced him.

You have evidence of this? I'd like to review it if you do.

I was raised RCC and have spent the last 20 years educating myself on my former religion.

For almost 400 years, there was a robust debate about the ministry and mission of Christ until the Roman Emperors Theodosius and Constantine ended the debate by picking a winner.

Which Dope......errrrr.......... Pope.......... ordered the orphans nuts cut off so their choir boys voices would be maintained ?
More brainwashing.
Go study.
The RCC is a lie and idiots like you perpetuate it.

Attachments

• $4836hitlereugeniopacelli.jpg
    $4836hitlereugeniopacelli.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Which Dope......errrrr.......... Pope.......... ordered the orphans nuts cut off so their choir boys voices would be maintained ?
More brainwashing.
Go study.
The RCC is a lie and idiots like you perpetuate it.

Were you RC

The most influential and prolific writer of the NT was also one of the biggest enemies of Christians prior to his conversion on the road to Damascus. That would be Paul.

Peter was not the "founder" of Christianity either by divinity or official acts. That is a myth invented by the RCC to try and legitimize its rather absurd list of rules and doctrines that directly contradict Jesus' teachings.
Rome really didn't care what religions existed on the condition tribute was paid to Rome and that is why the Temple even existed.

The political reason Jesus was killed is because he taught people that forgiveness from God was a gift and you didn't need to pay for it via taxes to the Temple. This threatened the income of the Temple and the ability for Rome's client-Kings to collect taxes. However, Rome had to be very careful about whom was seen as responsible for killing Jesus so Pilate was a slick politician and played the Temple leaders as fools.

Jesus also taught people to confess their sins to each other and that the religious hierarchy was a bullshit system designed to keep people down rather than lift them up. Basically, the RCC became the very system of wealth and dominance Jesus preached against and died for.

Lol........no kidding. The RCC has done enough fucked up shit on its own that it's hard enough to defend an organization that rewards pedophile protectors and threatens to excommunicate Priests who dare report child rape to cops.

There was a 69 page book of instructions globally distributed from the Vatican around 1963 that instructed, among other crimes, sexual abuse committed by clergy be kept secret and it even required victims take a vow of silence or be excommunicated. How sick is that? A Priest molests some kids and the parents and kids are blackmailed into silence.
Http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2003/aug/17/religion.childprotection

Hey Jeny, no I don't believe in the tooth fairy or santa but thank you for proving yourself to be the typical coward catholic that tries to use the rep button to take jabs instead of addressing the facts straight on. You'll do it again because you know nothing of Christianity.

Last edited:

The Roman Catholic Church was founded by the Holy Spirit at Pentecost, some 50 days after Jesus' execution by the Roman Army, circa 30-APR CE. Peter moved to Rome, and became the first Pope of the Christian movement. We believe that he was followed by a continuous succession of Popes up to the present day.

Nobody thought of Peter as "the Pope".

You need to go read the history of your church.

It's fascinating.

Nobody thought of Peter as "the Pope".

You need to go read the history of your church.

It's fascinating.

Got a link of where you source your info?

The most influential and prolific writer of the NT was also one of the biggest enemies of Christians prior to his conversion on the road to Damascus. That would be Paul.

Peter was not the "founder" of Christianity either by divinity or official acts. That is a myth invented by the RCC to try and legitimize its rather absurd list of rules and doctrines that directly contradict Jesus' teachings.
Rome really didn't care what religions existed on the condition tribute was paid to Rome and that is why the Temple even existed.

The political reason Jesus was killed is because he taught people that forgiveness from God was a gift and you didn't need to pay for it via taxes to the Temple. This threatened the income of the Temple and the ability for Rome's client-Kings to collect taxes. However, Rome had to be very careful about whom was seen as responsible for killing Jesus so Pilate was a slick politician and played the Temple leaders as fools.

Jesus also taught people to confess their sins to each other and that the religious hierarchy was a bullshit system designed to keep people down rather than lift them up. Basically, the RCC became the very system of wealth and dominance Jesus preached against and died for.

Yeah but Paul(Saul) was about as shifty as they got. He wanted the Jews and Gentiles to convert no matter what it took;
Corinthians 8:19-23:
Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.
Pauline Christianity
His ideals may have been selfless but his methods were rather twisted
Paul was also heavily influenced by the Hellenistic Mystery Religions. These religions were well known to the gentiles he was attempting to convert, and in his willingness to change his message to suit his audience, he re-characterized the Yeshua he never knew to fit the Hellenistic religions. Central to them were the violent deaths of Osiris, Attis, Adonis, and Dionysus that brought eternal life to their initiates. Paul added the interpretation of Yeshua's mission as being killed to save humankind.
Pauline Christianity

Jeny needs to read up on the Council of Nicea.

Just sayin'.

So by the way it was founded, would it be considered a falsehood of true religion, and established for the sole purpose of keeping control of the people by the romans, thus rendering it a false religion.

Forum List

Back