Robotic insect: world's smallest flying robot makes first flight

....and it begins.
It is not at all hard to imagine the uses of such devices once controlled by satellites or cell phone towers.
Some good...most bad.
One small scenario....on your private land, you have a 6' fence (I have one) and the police have information or just a hunch that you are doing something illegal that they can't see, and they can't get a physical warrant....so they take such a device, and fly it somewhere on public property and take photos or video of your property.
Invasion of privacy? Illegal search? Unreasonable search?
It will happen.

....and it begins.
It is not at all hard to imagine the uses of such devices once controlled by satellites or cell phone towers.
Some good...most bad.
One small scenario....on your private land, you have a 6' fence (I have one) and the police have information or just a hunch that you are doing something illegal that they can't see, and they can't get a physical warrant....so they take such a device, and fly it somewhere on public property and take photos or video of your property.
It will happen.

Yes it will. No point in fearing technology though.

BTW – the same fears have been used for computers, cars, airplanes, cell phones etc. In the beginning, before tech becomes normal, people fear what it can do. Par for the course.

....and it begins.
Some good...most bad.
It will happen.

They can already do that from satellite.

....and it begins.
Some good...most bad.
It will happen.

They can already do that from satellite.

They cant see very well from satellite. Airplanes & droned must fly 1,000 feet above the highest obstacle within a horizontal radius of 2,000 feet of the aircraft. They can't take video or pictures above 6' high around your property. And they can't take pictures under 1,000 feet flying over.

Forum List

Back