Robotic chefs will eventually completely replace fast food chefs.

AsianTrumpSupporter

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2017
Democratic People's Republique de Californie

If these robot arms can cook with the skill of a Master Chef winner, imagine how quickly they will be able to replace burger flippers. It also probably won't be too long before AI can replace drive thru staff as well.

Innovation and automation are inevitable. Anyone who is still clinging to a union and "striving for 15" dollars per hour is a dinosaur.

Last edited:
I'm sure we can replace the fry and grill "chefs" already. It will just be a matter of time before it happens as machines get cheaper and more sophisticated. I think some of the new cars could do the ordering for you with your preference ..."number 3 to go and hold the mayo"....

can that thing be programmed to IRON SHIRTS??? MOP FLOORS? SCRATCH BACKS?

upload_2017-7-16_10-14-59.jpeg

Coming to a future some where near you...

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

You can automate 90% of a fast food joint right now and you don't even need a humanoid robot. I've seen assembly line style prototypes that resemble a mini factory. The only thing stopping it is the upfront cost of implementation is still too high.

You can automate 90% of a fast food joint right now and you don't even need a humanoid robot. I've seen assembly line style prototypes that resemble a mini factory. The only thing stopping it is the upfront cost of implementation is still too high.

IIRC, I remember reading about how McDonald's franchisee owners were upset by the cost of implementing McCafe in their restaurants. I believe it cost around $100,000 or so back then. Moley Robotics' Robot Kitchen will reportedly cost 10,000 British pounds, which is a little over $13,000.00.

I bet they will have an industrial version that is a bit more expensive to stand up to the demands of a fast food restaurant.

Exactly right. Of course if you give minimum wage a big boost the conversion suddenly looks more affordable.

You need a huge investment in order for this kind of automation to even worthy of consideration.
1. The entire area need a total construction and redesign for this machine to set it up.

2. If you look at the video. It's set up for cherry picking demonstrations only but WHO -------- will operate the machine, load the vegetables, meat or any ingredients to the cooking table, unload the delivery truck, stock shelves, clean the cooking area, put/replace the pot to the burner, who will pour the food to the bowl, pick it up and deliver to customers ????? Meaning it has very limited capabilities.

Biggest problem right now here in California is the high price of unit or building leases. Not MW.

Like farmers all over US------- High percentage are not using the machineries which are available since the 50s. But most of them are using illegals to do agricultural jobs.

Exactly right. Of course if you give minimum wage a big boost the conversion suddenly looks more affordable.

With or without the MW boost the automation is coming but it's a long long way to go. We could have get rid of the farms workers by now.

I have several automation machineries right now for medical products and it's worth the investment. I visited several manufacturers both food processing and medical products here and in Europe. There are also trade shows here in US that demonstrate these kinds of products.

But food automation has a very long list of obstacles in order to make that happen. When watching these videos or presentations------- be very aware that it's a cherry pick demonstrations.

If you look at McDonald's operations ------ it's almost impossible.

With or without the MW boost the automation is coming but it's a long long way to go. We could have get rid of the farms workers by now.

I have several automation machineries right now for medical products and it's worth the investment. I visited several manufacturers both food processing and medical products here and in Europe. There are also trade shows here in US that demonstrate these kinds of products.

But food automation has a very long list of obstacles in order to make that happen. When watching these videos or presentations------- be very aware that it's a cherry pick demonstrations.

Interesting, what do you think about fruit pickers though? I would think that would be especially difficult to do with robots without damaging the fruit? That is why migrant farm workers continue to be needed by farmers since they are so adept and fast.

Interesting, what do you think about fruit pickers though? I would think that would be especially difficult to do with robots without damaging the fruit? That is why migrant farm workers continue to be needed by farmers since they are so adept and fast.

In my post #9 last paragraph. I mentioned about the need of migrant workers vs machineries.

Here are few of the trade shows that demonstrate and sells food automation and food processing.

FA&M (Food Automation & Manufacturing)

NEPCON This is a very large trade show of different kind manufacturers and products but only shows about 3 or 4 of food automation manufacturers.

Forum List

Back