Roadside Flowers In Your State this Spring Bring 'Em!

beautress

Always Faithful
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 28, 2018
Walker County, TX
It's April 1, and it's spring. Please post your favorite State Flowers here, and any pretty roadside flowers. We all need a beautiful day! Love, beautress

Texas State Flower, Bluebonnets, and their best Friends, Indian Paintbrushes, and Texas State Butterfly, the Monarch Butterfly
il_794xN.3312977994_r8tt.jpg
OIP.mIns_PeWDD2qFjZGbnmm1QHaLH
R.c09537134b754586748b2c958677f01a

OIP.DxgzwjS7Xd7qOHxBQW3_nAHaEo

Last edited:
It's April 1, and it's spring. Please post your favorite State Flowers here, and any pretty roadside flowers. We all need a beautiful day! Love, beautress

Texas State Flower, Bluebonnets, and their best Friends, Indian Paintbrushes, and Texas State Butterfly, the Monarch Butterfly
il_794xN.3312977994_r8tt.jpg
OIP.mIns_PeWDD2qFjZGbnmm1QHaLH
R.c09537134b754586748b2c958677f01a

OIP.DxgzwjS7Xd7qOHxBQW3_nAHaEo

Ya cant beat the Bluebonnets!!
We used to take road trips just to see them.

Ya cant beat the Bluebonnets!!
We used to take road trips just to see them.
When my older brother and I were knee high to a grasshopper, our mom and dad took a road trip from our home in the city of Houston to see the beautiful bluebonnets in Hill Country. Our Dad made certain we saw the loveliness and wonders of our own state in his terms of God's wonderful gifts in the stunning beauty of spring, and one summer, he drove us through Yellowstone Park to see the bears and how it feels to drive through a forest of trees that seemed as high as buildings in the city, and the forest smelled better too. While there, we saw fields of wild flowers of all kinds, and their State Flower is the Wyoming Indian Paintbrush:
1 Wyoming; mt-harrower-above-indian-paintbrush-wind-river-range-wyoming-2J304TB.jpg

16 years after we visited the park, my husband and I moved to Wyoming, where I lived in the Equality State for 35 years of my adult life.
Came back home to Texas in 2009 to a farmhouse that I still call home, even after my husband passed away 7 years ago.
We have the prettiest birds that inhabit the pond in summers, the lovely great white egrets. One year I had the joy of
watching the two parents teaching their young how to fly about a month before their annual migration to a lovely island somewhere in the Carribbean, I'm guessing.
1680405196162.jpeg

The Great White Egrets are far and away the most awesomely elegant birds in the world. (My opinion)

Last edited:
When my older brother and I were knee high to a grasshopper, our mom and dad took a road trip from our home in the city of Houston to see the beautiful bluebonnets in Hill Country. Our Dad made certain we saw the loveliness and wonders of our own state in his terms of God's wonderful gifts in the stunning beauty of spring, and one summer, he drove us through Yellowstone Park to see the bears and how it feels to drive through a forest of trees that seemed as high as buildings in the city, and the forest smelled better too.

We had two weekend places in the Hill Country.
It was nice not to have to travel to see the Bluebonnets but even before we had the weekend places we went in search of the Bluebonnets.

We had two weekend places in the Hill Country.
It was nice not to have to travel to see the Bluebonnets but even before we had the weekend places we went in search of the Bluebonnets.
That's awesome, HereWeGoAgain! I planted 2 bluebonnets (finally!) and hope they spread the whole 14 acres I now love and enjoy every day God gives me.

Yeah.
It's gonna be a while.
Just got another 8 inches of snow.
Spring feels a long way off here.
My deepest sympathy, petro, but maybe when it warms up a little the flowers in your state will bless you with their beauty. Actually, up north of Amarillo it could be pretty cold. It was just pleasant today in the tall Pine Woods territory, after yesterday's whopping 3 inches in the 5 minute rain we had. This morning I looked out at the garden, and the low places were still full of water from yesterday's little blast. I've never seen such sheets of water come down in so short a time.

Forum List

Back