RIP Vivian A. Brown

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
Very sad news. Vivian, one of the famous San Francisco Brown Twins has passed away.

I used to live quite near them, and would run into them whilst traversing our Nob Hill neighborhood. It was also quite a treat to see them at Scala's Bistro from time to time.

...Ms. Brown passed away peacefully in her sleep late Wednesday night at an assisted living center. She was 85 and had been suffering from dementia since last year.

"My heart is aching for her. We were always so close," said her sister, Marian B. Brown, who bravely tottered down Nob Hill on Friday afternoon for her daily dinner of a pizza (small combination) with a glass of wine and a slice of cake, at Uncle Vito's. After ordering, she sat in her usual window spot, leaving her sister's seat vacant.

"I wish she was here," she said. "My heart is broken."

For more than 40 years, the Brown twins were an entertainment fixture of the San Francisco social scene, beloved for their 100 matching outfits, identical hairdos and uniformly cheery disposition. They made cameos in films, were on TV talk shows, made commercials, appeared at important civic events, and made themselves into celebrities based upon their twin-ness....

Read more: Vivian A. Brown, distinguished twin, dies - SFGate

Very sad news. Vivian, one of the famous San Francisco Brown Twins has passed away.

I used to live quite near them, and would run into them whilst traversing our Nob Hill neighborhood. It was also quite a treat to see them at Scala's Bistro from time to time.

...Ms. Brown passed away peacefully in her sleep late Wednesday night at an assisted living center. She was 85 and had been suffering from dementia since last year.

"My heart is aching for her. We were always so close," said her sister, Marian B. Brown, who bravely tottered down Nob Hill on Friday afternoon for her daily dinner of a pizza (small combination) with a glass of wine and a slice of cake, at Uncle Vito's. After ordering, she sat in her usual window spot, leaving her sister's seat vacant.

"I wish she was here," she said. "My heart is broken."

For more than 40 years, the Brown twins were an entertainment fixture of the San Francisco social scene, beloved for their 100 matching outfits, identical hairdos and uniformly cheery disposition. They made cameos in films, were on TV talk shows, made commercials, appeared at important civic events, and made themselves into celebrities based upon their twin-ness....

Read more: Vivian A. Brown, distinguished twin, dies - SFGate

I didn't know them....sorry for all of our loss.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ipyh1qE9NI]The San Francisco Twins - Marian and Vivian Brown - YouTube[/ame]

They were adorable.

:(

Forum List

Back