Riddick

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
"It's such a victory that this movie is going to be in theaters," he says in his signature growly tone.
Indeed, when it comes to "Riddick," Diesel is all too familiar with hitting bumps in the road. It took the "Fast & Furious" star nearly a decade (and millions of dollars in fundraising) to bring his see-in-the-dark anti-hero back to the big screen. Universal had jettisoned a possible third edition after 2004's "Chronicles of Riddick" didn't soar at the box office.

Despite the fact "Chronicles of Riddick" and its 2000 predecessor "Pitch Black," as well as a pair of "Riddick" video games, amassed a cult following, it seemed like Riddick would be forever lost in space.

However, Diesel remained undeterred. He worked with series writer-director David Twohy to resuscitate Riddick, obtaining the film rights after Universal passed.

"I started in the independent (film) world, but this was a new level of challenge for me," said Diesel.

A rough road back to 'Riddick' for Diesel - Alliance Review | Stark, Portage & Mahoning, OH

Official trailer.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH3O-CeZckE]Riddick Official Trailer #1 (2013) - Vin Diesel, Karl Urban Sci-Fi Movie HD - YouTube[/ame]

I don't care what anyone says. I have all of the Riddick movies, and they are pretty good. You have to understand the subtle nuances in the movie to get it, probably why it didn't do too well in the box office.

I don't care what anyone says. I have all of the Riddick movies, and they are pretty good. You have to understand the subtle nuances in the movie to get it, probably why it didn't do too well in the box office.

i thought "Pitch Black" was pretty good....
It was, but it was basically a monster movie.

"Chronicles" was awesome. Great story, interesting characters -- and the planet Crematoria...amazing!

"Chronicles" was awesome. Great story, interesting characters -- and the planet Crematoria...amazing!

Bounty Hunter Toombs on Crematoria:

"If I owned this place and Hell, I'd rent this place out and live in Hell."

Last edited:
Well, I couldn't find a video of that scene... so here's another cool crash:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nhxm5QEbYI]"Flight" 2012 movie crash scene - YouTube[/ame]

your right it was.....but it was a different monster movie....

Forum List

Back