Richie Havens died today at 72

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0hEvknvsQM]Richie Havens Sings "The Key" - YouTube[/ame]

"Sometimes, I feel, like a motherless child"

His death musta bummed out his dentist?

Oh wait, he didn't go to the dentist!
Richie Havens was a serious speed-freak, during those times.

That's what happens to your teeth, when you're speeding....rather-than eating & sleeping, well.

You are slagging Richie Havens?

Honestly you are slagging Richie Havens?

Old folkies are hard to come by. My ex husband just called me. All of us are crying.

Richie was unreal. I don't know how many young ones know this. He was a wordsmith and he was wonderous.

His technique of playing basically beating the shit out of his guitar was awesome. Be still my heart. I'm so sorry he passed.

My mom met him. Said he was one of the most down to earth and nicest fellows around.

I have no way to describe him but a hero to me. And his whole crew. Not sure if you saw my post last night.

I was on the streets then. Choice not from poverty. This is what we did then.

Hitch hiked down from Toronto. Long story no problem. Except for one thing. No money. No food at one point and basically how do I put this nicely as I was ready to get hookered out as a teen,

Havens manager saved me. I was trying not to cry and trying to stay brave that morning. I never did have to give myself up for cash.

They took me in gave me money and I got to party down at this most amazing fest .

Bottom line is I was saved in a lick of a switch. I never went down that path ever again.

I owe them forever. So this one hurts. He really was awesome and so was everyone around him.

Old folkies are hard to come by. My ex husband just called me. All of us are crying.

Richie was unreal. I don't know how many young ones know this. He was a wordsmith and he was wonderous.

His technique of playing basically beating the shit out of his guitar was awesome. Be still my heart. I'm so sorry he passed.

My mom met him. Said he was one of the most down to earth and nicest fellows around.

I have no way to describe him but a hero to me. And his whole crew. Not sure if you saw my post last night.

Hitch hiked down from Toronto. Long story no problem. Except for one thing. No money. No food at one point and basically how do I put this nicely as I was ready to get hookered out as a teen,

Havens manager saved me. I was trying not to cry and trying to stay brave that morning. I never did have to give myself up for cash.

They took me in gave me money and I got to party down at this most amazing fest .

Bottom line is I was saved in a lick of a switch. I never went down that path ever again.

I owe them forever. So this one hurts. He really was awesome and so was everyone around him.

Having said all that, what is it that turned you into a bitch?

she met someone like you.....:dunno:

Last edited:

Never a bitch. An activist for true. Granted my way. I'll kick someone's ass on a water issue. I'll go crazy over some morons letting a baby called Phoenix Sinclair die.

Sometimes left sometimes right but always on the side of good.

I really still believe in that. I still believe we can "make good". White Hats riding to the rescue. I still believe in heroes. I still believe in the "good guys".

And I still believe we can make a difference. I really believe it.

Forum List

Back