RIA 1911 Fluff & Buff

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Plus some upgrades.

I will be switching out the grip safety for a better beavertail and replacing the hammer with a skeleton Commander hammer plus adding a skeleton aluminum trigger. Currently buffing the parkerized finish off the barrel then will buff some of the internals. I have a set of faux ivory grip panels that are pretty but really beefy so I'm replacing them with a thin G10 set.
Also will be refinishing the slide and frame as the RIA parkerized finish is cheaply done. Debating between a silver slide on a black frame or a OD Green slide on a black frame.
Here it is now:

RIA Ivory.jpg

Wow, two of the items I ordered, aluminum ultra light match trigger and skeleton hammer showed up today. According to tracking they weren't supposed to arrive until Monday. :thup:

Did the fluff & buff on the duty pistol and no more sticky trigger.
Mostly removed the finish on the trigger bow, polished the flat on the disconnector and did a general clean & lube. Used a 400 grit sandpaper then polished with a Dremel buffing wheel and micro fiber cloth. Everything on it now runs smooth as silk. :thup:

A couple of the upgrades , one unfixable fit problem and the other made my grip safety useless, didn't work but that's okay. I have a set of black and white G10 thin grips on the way but these will do for now.

RIA Refinish 1.jpg

RIA Refinish 2.jpg

IMHO Tisas (Turkey) makes a far better M1911A1 clone for the money than RIA. Hell, the last i checked they were only $50.00 more expensive than a .45 High Point!

The only thing I did to this one other than lube it properly was replace the grips with GI ones.

t-002-2-jpg.698468

IMHO Tisas (Turkey) makes a far better M1911A1 clone for the money than RIA. Hell, the last i checked they were only $50.00 more expensive than a .45 High Point!

The only thing I did to this one other than lube it properly was replace the grips with GI ones.

t-002-2-jpg.698468
Oh I agree. I have their older Tanker model and yesterday picked up my new Tisas 1911 Duty 9mm B9.

Tisas 1911 9mm and Tanker.jpg

Also currently looking at a Tisas 1911A1 .45 for $320 with free shipping...........

Forum List

Back