Rhapsody buys Napster Germany and UK

Jan 25, 2012
Germany -> Lower Saxony
Hello,

I just read the mail from Napster, it has been bought by Rhapsody.
The purchase also has some disadvantages, e.g. they will close the mp3-shop in March: you are unable to buy mp3 songs individually anymore.
But they will offer music flatrates (or streaming).

you will find the info by goggling "Rhapsody buys Napster Germany"

my personal opinion: I'm angry about the "news" and Rhapsody should/had to stay American, but they got internationally now :-(
I really liked the service how it was in Germany.

best (music) regards from
Germany

I don't really have a problem with that, I mean..they are going to keep the brand name and some other things like music library..I don'T know what to say, personally I tend to believe that it's gonna get better, they did promisse some improvements starting march..And about the downloads, can't say it bothers me too much, I never really used the feature, I always preferred recording music from Napster or Rhapsody (whichever you wanna call it) rather than download it.

hello,
so you are the streaming type.
I think Rhapsody promised improvements for the streaming service, but the original Napster idea (to buy and download mp3s) will be closed within new Rhapsody structure (it's in a German mail of Napster service, some weeks ago).

In my opinion, Rhapsody could purchase European brands, but should leave and continue the Napster structure (e. g. mp3 shop) for keeping the Napster customers.
If it started in April I will chose another music provider for buying and downloading mp3s.

For people who are used to buy and download mp3s, Rhapsody is a change for the worse.
For people who are used to stream music, Rhapsody could be an improvement :)

best (freezy) wishes from Germany

Forum List

Back