RETAIL SALES? GROWTH? HERE ARE the UNITED STATES NUMBERS

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
RETAIL SALES? GROWTH? HERE ARE THE UNITED STATES NUMBERS FOR THE PAST FEW MONTHS.

RETAIL SALES ex Auto

JAN 2011 +0.3%
DEC 2010 +0.3%
NOV 2010 +1.0
OCT 2010 +0.8
SEP 2010 +0.4%
AUG 2010 +1.0%
JUL 2010 + 0.1%
JUN 2010 – 0.1%
MAY 2010 – 1.2%

Economic Calendar: Financial Calendars - Yahoo! Finance

UP OVER TWO PERCENT IN THE PAST NINE MONTHS.

That is not even keeping up with the real rate of inflation. Retail sales are the money taken in. You would expect it to go up when the REAL Inflation during that time was way over Three Percent. Instead, it is less than the rate of inflation and thus Retail Sales are actually falling and failing in the US.

The only retail sales growth has been becuuse of rising food and energy costs not due to an increased volume. You do realize that Gas is a retail sales item don't you?

The only retail sales growth has been becuuse of rising food and energy costs not due to an increased volume. You do realize that Gas is a retail sales item don't you?
Of course! Washington uses those high prices to advantage when trying to delude people about the reality of the economy.

If one adjusts both retail sales growth and GDP growth for actual consumer experienced inflation, there is no growth.

The UK reported inflation of 4% this week.

In preparation, I bought a vintage WIN (Whip Inflation Now) button from 1974 on ebay.

The Stagflation is going to get Very Ugly.

If one adjusts both retail sales growth and GDP growth for actual consumer experienced inflation, there is no growth.

The UK reported inflation of 4% this week.

In preparation, I bought a vintage WIN (Whip Inflation Now) button from 1974 on ebay.

The Stagflation is going to get Very Ugly.

The Stagflation is going to get Very Ugly. Right you are! I would put a caveat in there, though. If the United States ever woke up and put my steps in place, we could be out of this Depression within a year.

One big positive is you are wearing your shirt. It may be a hair shirt, but the fact it is on in a step forward.

Forum List

Back