Republican’s VS. Democrat’s Health Care Plan

Except, you are free to buy any health care you want now.

A government rationed system does not let you do that.

Some people can buy any healthcare they want.

It does not make sense to fuck up the best system in the world just to insure a few million uninsured. Drag everyone else down. Give everyone the same coverage.

the "best" health care system in the world?

What criteria are you using to define "best"?

It does not make sense to fuck up the best system in the world just to insure a few million uninsured. Drag everyone else down. Give everyone the same coverage.

The one everyone in the world comes to if they can.

Go look at the airport in Rochester, MN and see who comes to Mayo when their own country's health care is inadequate.

As to rationing health care?

That's ALREADY being done now by the private insurers.

If someone is happy with their own pesonal health care insurance plan, THEY CAN KEEP IT. If you don’t have health insurance, you will have a choice of new, affordable health insurance options. You need to do some serious homework, girl.

Local Health Departments and the Challenge of Chronic Disease: Lessons From California

That said, anything that gets passed will surely be better than what exists now.
Huh...WHA??

We need to do something...This is something, therefore we must do it???

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. :rolleyes:

Of course it does. The way it's going now, the average middle-class American cannot afford private health insurance policies, and therefore many go without. It's a fucking no-brainer, fool. Try reading a few of the horror stories posted right in this thread, in particular the one by American Horse. Will you only become concerned over the way insurance companies are ripping off the American people when it is YOU who gets sick and dies because YOU can't afford proper care?

As to rationing health care?

That's ALREADY being done now by the private insurers.

If someone is happy with their own pesonal health care insurance plan, THEY CAN KEEP IT. If you don’t have health insurance, you will have a choice of new, affordable health insurance options. You need to do some serious homework, girl.

Local Health Departments and the Challenge of Chronic Disease: Lessons From California

Bullshit. Those plans are going to be taxed out of existence. The Democrats have admitted it's their stated goal. That's the only way the government can pay for the bottomfeeders plans.

I will have to settle for the same crappy plan everyone has.

Watch this:

Breitbart.tv » Dem Congresswoman Admits Obama Health Care Plan Will Destroy Private Health Insurance Industry

Last edited:
The French system rations healthcare. So does Canada's. So does Great Britain's.

The problem with libs is they point to these systems as gold standards, but when you corner them about rationing, they say, well, we won't have a system like... They want it both ways.

A politician who has no qualms about canning 200,000 employees of auto dealers will have no qualms about closing clinics and hospitals he does not think are necessary.

Americans can buy as much health care as they want, and it's none of the goddamned government's business how much they should have.

France, Canada and even Mexico's public health care programs have a greater emphasis on PREVENTIVE care. Remove the millions of people who don't see a doctor because they have no insurance and no cash to pay for emergency visits and who ultimately become more seriously ill because of it, and you wil have a far less expensive government health care program. That's not "rationing." That's common sense.

It's also a far stretch to compare this problem with that of the auto industry. Why should auto dealership employees sit around picking their noses when people aren't buying new cars? There will ALWAYS be a demand for health care.

Preventive care. Is that making sure people excercise, develop good hygiene habits and eat healthy ? Good luck with that

No, it's like myself who avoided seeing a doctor when bronchitis went on for over 14 days because I just assumed I would get better without prescribed antibiotics, and eventually it developed into pnemonia and I had to be rushed to the hospital to have my lungs suctioned to get rid of all the fluid that had collected BEFORE they could then put me on the antibiotics I SHOULD HAVE BEEN TAKING at the outset.

Use your fucking heads for something more than hat racks, people.

This system, if left as is, is going to implode. This is what you can't seem to grasp. In the last 30 years, spending on healthcare as a percent of GDP has doubled, and at the present rate it will double again in the next 30 years. When no one can afford health coverage, then all of your so called choices will disappear.

Bullshit. Those plans are going to be taxed out of existence. The Democrats have admitted it's their stated goa. That's the only way the government can pay for the bottomfeeders plans.

Watch this:

Breitbart.tv » Dem Congresswoman Admits Obama Health Care Plan Will Destroy Private Health Insurance Industry

G

the bottomfeeders are the gouls that make thier living denying ...NOT providing health care.

You probably would not have wanted the people operating the gas chambers and the ovens to lose thier jobs either.

The French system rations healthcare. So does Canada's. So does Great Britain's.

The problem with libs is they point to these systems as gold standards, but when you corner them about rationing, they say, well, we won't have a system like... They want it both ways.

A politician who has no qualms about canning 200,000 employees of auto dealers will have no qualms about closing clinics and hospitals he does not think are necessary.

Americans can buy as much health care as they want, and it's none of the goddamned government's business how much they should have.

France, Canada and even Mexico's public health care programs have a greater emphasis on PREVENTIVE care. Remove the millions of people who don't see a doctor because they have no insurance and no cash to pay for emergency visits and who ultimately become more seriously ill because of it, and you wil have a far less expensive government health care program. That's not "rationing." That's common sense.

It's also a far stretch to compare this problem with that of the auto industry. Why should auto dealership employees sit around picking their noses when people aren't buying new cars? There will ALWAYS be a demand for health care.

France , Canada and Mexico have better healthcare than the USA ? That's why i come here, for a good laugh, thanks ! .......

Where did I say it was "better"?? It is more equitable and symptoms are treated before they develop into catastrophic illnesses. It ain't rocket science.

This system, if left as is, is going to implode. This is what you can't seem to grasp. In the last 30 years, spending on healthcare as a percent of GDP has doubled, and at the present rate it will double again in the next 30 years. When no one can afford health coverage, then all of your so called choices will disappear.

When no one can afford health care, the prices will drop.

Health care providers can't eat gauze.

What you can't seem to grasp is that no government solution rammed down peoples' throats...from either party...will work.

Rememember what happened when government tried to make the mortgage market "fair" and housing "affordable?"

The whole crux of both health care proposals is to get those who fall through the cracks at least the insurance to help with soaring medical costs.

You really mean jsut pay other peoples health expenses don't you ? We already are doing that.

Bingo. YES, we are, through hidden increases in costs. If you are hospitalized, why do you think you pay $12 for one aspirin?

The one everyone in the world comes to if they can.

Go look at the airport in Rochester, MN and see who comes to Mayo when their own country's health care is inadequate.

Yes, you are correct. The select few who can afford it come here. Everyone else goes to India.

France , Canada and Mexico have better healthcare than the USA ? That's why i come here, for a good laugh, thanks ! .......

Where did I say it was "better"?? It is more equitable and symptoms are treated before they develop into catastrophic illnesses. It ain't rocket science.

Ahhh, they're better at "preventative" care, got it, thanks again .......:lol:

Bullshit. Those plans are going to be taxed out of existence. The Democrats have admitted it's their stated goa. That's the only way the government can pay for the bottomfeeders plans.

Watch this:

G

the bottomfeeders are the gouls that make thier living denying ...NOT providing health care.

You probably would not have wanted the people operating the gas chambers and the ovens to lose thier jobs either.

The bottomfeeders are people who want someone else to pay for their healthcare.

"Preventative care" is simply a cynical code phrase for putting gubmint in charge of everything all the time.

Find even the most strained link between Twinkies and one type of cancer or another?....Ban them!!

Buying into the trans-fat hype?....Ban them!!

Think people are too fat?...Appoint a "Fitness Csar" and use the power of bureaucracy to turn doctors into snitches for the state.

Of course, we all know how well this "preventative care" worked for guys like Jimmy Fixx...Don't we?

When Jim Fixx had his heart attack, even cigarettes weren't being taxed to pay for anyone's else care. Next?

Ahhh, they're better at "preventative" care, got it, thanks again .......:lol:

Equitable = when government can't afford certain care, NOBODY gets it.

Know what the number one for re-hospitalization of Medicare patients is? They don't get care after discharge. It's covered, but they don't get it. Is that something government fixes?

Yes....Everyone gets an equitably crappy product.

Who is suggesting that those able to afford the "best" health care will not be able to do so in the future?

To many americans a "crappy" product would be better than no product at all which is what about 50 million are getting now.

Bingo. YES, we are, through hidden increases in costs. If you are hospitalized, why do you think you pay $12 for one aspirin?

Because a third-party payer model gives the illusion that the aspirin is "free".....A full-blown fascistic takeover of the industry wont change that paradigm.

Really aren't up on your basic economic models...Are you??

Last edited:
I don't care if health care is equitable. If I can afford more and am willing to pay for it, I don't want government telling me I can't have it.

Forum List

Back