Republicans repetedly keep blacks from voting

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems the republican masses dont care what the republican party does to win elections.

I wonder why the "liberal" media refuses to report on these repeted criminal acts against American voters?

Republicans try to enforce the rules on the books.

Democrats use black panthers armed with baseball bats.

Which form of "voter suppression" do you think we really need to worry about.

If you don't like the laws as they stand, you should fight to have them changed.

But intimidation with deadly weapons should not be a partisan issue.

ADAMS: Inside the Black Panther case - Washington Times

On the day President Obama was elected, armed men wearing the black berets and jackboots of the New Black Panther Party were stationed at the entrance to a polling place in Philadelphia. They brandished a weapon and intimidated voters and poll watchers. After the election, the Justice Department brought a voter-intimidation case against the New Black Panther Party and those armed thugs. I and other Justice attorneys diligently pursued the case and obtained an entry of default after the defendants ignored the charges. Before a final judgment could be entered in May 2009, our superiors ordered us to dismiss the case.

The New Black Panther case was the simplest and most obvious violation of federal law I saw in my Justice Department career. Because of the corrupt nature of the dismissal, statements falsely characterizing the case and, most of all, indefensible orders for the career attorneys not to comply with lawful subpoenas investigating the dismissal, this month I resigned my position as a Department of Justice (DOJ) attorney.

The federal voter-intimidation statutes we used against the New Black Panthers were enacted because America never realized genuine racial equality in elections. Threats of violence characterized elections from the end of the Civil War until the passage of the Voting Rights Act in 1965. Before the Voting Rights Act, blacks seeking the right to vote, and those aiding them, were victims of violence and intimidation. But unlike the Southern legal system, Southern violence did not discriminate. Black voters were slain, as were the white champions of their cause. Some of the bodies were tossed into bogs and in one case in Philadelphia, Miss., they were buried together in an earthen dam....
That's a damned shame
:eek:

so you people are going to refuse to address the subject of the thread?

The facts you dont like you just pretend dont exsist?

I did address it.

The judge modified an agreement made in 1981, and claimed that things that happened 30 or more decades ago still merited the major part of the restrictions. No one supplied evidence of current voter suppression, they just cited all the same old instances of it. In other words, it is nothing but politics, and only binding in NJ anyway.

While finding no evidence in support of vacating or significantly modifying the decree, the court did find that unforeseen unworkability allowed for a small change.Due to multiple allegations of voter suppression, the RNC has found itself defending intervenor lawsuits to enforce the decree. As the DNC does not face similar lawsuits, in the interest of equity the court changed the decree so only the DNC could seek to enforce it. The court also recognized that the requirement for the RNC to seek 20 day pre-clearance approval of any new “ballot security” tactics does not allow it to monitor new voter registrations in the few states that have adopted registration deadlines within 20 days of elections. The term was changed to a 10 day pre-clearance requirement. In response to the complaint that the decree’s prohibition on voter intimidation at the polls was too vague, the definition of this tactic was clarified. Finally, in the hope that the RNC might change its behavior toward minority voters in the future, the court added a contingent termination date to the decree of eight years. If the decree is violated again, the deadline will be extended.

Last edited:
D.N.J.: Republican National Committee Still Bound by Consent Decree Prohibiting Voter Suppression — NSCLC Website

As for the public interest, the court found overwhelmingly that instances of voter fraud were dwarfed by voter suppression. Specifically, the type of voter fraud that the decree prevents the RNC from combating through voter caging and intimidation at the polls, “in-person” fraud, is practically nonexistent. Conversely, the court noted that there is ample evidence of the potential and prevalence of voter suppression, such as that recently documented by the Supreme Court in Bartlett v. Strickland, 129 S.Ct. 1231 (2009).

How is it the media never lets us know about these cases?

Because they are 30 years out of date?

No it is not, I guess you failed to read teh link huh?

in the 20 years since they were caught they have broken the dercee repetedly.

No they haven't. The court ruled, as you quoted, that the Republicans did not have a need to combat the fraud they were trying to target. No one provided any evidence that suppression is still occurring though, because no one accused the Republicans of breaking the agreement. The instances cited all date from 1981 or earlier.

Democrats love having black people vote. So much so that they even want dead black people and black people convicted of felonies to vote too!

ADAMS: Inside the Black Panther case - Washington Times

On the day President Obama was elected, armed men wearing the black berets and jackboots of the New Black Panther Party were stationed at the entrance to a polling place in Philadelphia. They brandished a weapon and intimidated voters and poll watchers. After the election, the Justice Department brought a voter-intimidation case against the New Black Panther Party and those armed thugs. I and other Justice attorneys diligently pursued the case and obtained an entry of default after the defendants ignored the charges. Before a final judgment could be entered in May 2009, our superiors ordered us to dismiss the case.

The New Black Panther case was the simplest and most obvious violation of federal law I saw in my Justice Department career. Because of the corrupt nature of the dismissal, statements falsely characterizing the case and, most of all, indefensible orders for the career attorneys not to comply with lawful subpoenas investigating the dismissal, this month I resigned my position as a Department of Justice (DOJ) attorney.

The federal voter-intimidation statutes we used against the New Black Panthers were enacted because America never realized genuine racial equality in elections. Threats of violence characterized elections from the end of the Civil War until the passage of the Voting Rights Act in 1965. Before the Voting Rights Act, blacks seeking the right to vote, and those aiding them, were victims of violence and intimidation. But unlike the Southern legal system, Southern violence did not discriminate. Black voters were slain, as were the white champions of their cause. Some of the bodies were tossed into bogs and in one case in Philadelphia, Miss., they were buried together in an earthen dam....
That's a damned shame
:eek:

Remember when Bush fired attorneys for political reasons? Imagine the ruckus if they had been fired for investigating a politically connected group.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

That is what Bush fired the attorneys for you fool

Democrats love having black people vote. So much so that they even want dead black people and black people convicted of felonies to vote too!

You do realise that what you said is unprovable right?

I gave cold hard court documented facts that republicans have sought to CHEAT in elections by keeping black people from voting.

To you its just a peachy idea huh?

I gave cold hard court documented facts that republicans have sought to CHEAT in elections by keeping black people from voting.

time for a limited commercial break.. peachy

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biIONVqmcVE&feature=fvst]YouTube - Peachy Keen Jelly Bean! Looks like Autumn leaves...[/ame]

allegations ... no proof ... no guilt ... simply allegations.....

D.N.J.: Republican National Committee Still Bound by Consent Decree Prohibiting Voter Suppression — NSCLC Website

As for the public interest, the court found overwhelmingly that instances of voter fraud were dwarfed by voter suppression. Specifically, the type of voter fraud that the decree prevents the RNC from combating through voter caging and intimidation at the polls, “in-person” fraud, is practically nonexistent. Conversely, the court noted that there is ample evidence of the potential and prevalence of voter suppression, such as that recently documented by the Supreme Court in Bartlett v. Strickland, 129 S.Ct. 1231 (2009).

How is it the media never lets us know about these cases?

how is it you feel compelled to troll this shit nearly every month? its a 1986 case, all they wanted was to change the restrictions on the GOP, but no surprise the liberal judge denied that....

why is it you ignore this:

black-panther-voter-intimidation.jpg

you never seek to constantly remind people of that and that occured less than 3 years ago

:cuckoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back