Republican's 'Path To Prosperity' Hurts Americans

1) 47% of citizens already benefit from a 0% federal income tax rate.. when that is rectified, then you can complain about differing rates and/or cuts
2) Cuts to entitlements... GOOD... there is no constitutional power granted to provide these handouts anyway
3) Education should be handled at the state and local level anyway... cutting the dept of education is a good thing.. the dept of education has done ZERO to raise educational standards or results
4) Please show any proof that any cuts to the weather service would directly result in forecasts being "half as accurate"
5) Many in the private sector are not getting raises in a down economy... why should govt workers be any different when the business of government is in horrible financial shape??

You are buying every progressive talking point, hook line and sinker

The Republican's budget would put about $100 bucks in the pockets of people with incomes under
$20K but-------but about $265,000. for someone with an income of a million bucks, or put another way, Romney's $20 million dollar plus income would give his household income the Republican's tax cut benefit of over $5 million dollars, i.e. the Ann and Mitt household would be given as much money as over 400 average households as a--wait for it-------a tax cut.

The Caymanders love this.

✄snip>

In the end, the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities estimates that 62 percent of the cuts come from programs for low-income Americans and 37 percent of the tax benefits go to the few Americans earning more than $1 million.
ryan%20budget.jpg

In other words, Ryan’s budget fails even Ryan’s tests for encouraging social mobility: It focuses its cuts on programs for the poor rather than programs for seniors, and it doesn’t eliminate any tax loopholes. (Ryan’s office didn’t respond to requests for comment on this piece.)

✄snip>

Everything in the Republican's budget stifles upward mobility, that in a country that, in recent years, already has a piss poor record for upward mobility .

CHART OF THE DAY: Paul Ryan Wrong About Upwardly Mobile America

Why do you hate what used to be known as the American Dream?

The American dream is not something to be handed to you, nor is it making someone else pay while you pay nothing... the American dream is the freedom to go after what you want, while having treatment by government under law that is EQUAL... you know, exactly the opposite of what you progressives strive for

Looks to me like if you want your kids and grandkids to live the American dream that my/our grandparents and parents bequeathed to me and probably you, you should buy them a one way ticket to Denmark.

Forum List

Back