Republicans on Illegal’s, 5% right

Discussion in 'Immigration/Illegal Immigration' started by rdean, May 19, 2010.

1. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,922
    Republicans are complaining that illegal immigrants are stealing their low paying jobs and illegals have caused the crime rate to skyrocket.

[​IMG]

There have even been accusations of illegal’s receiving welfare and food stamps.

Let’s start off with “food stamps and welfare”. Unless the law has changed, you need to prove you are a US citizen to receive food stamps and welfare. Plus, illegals avoid government offices like the plague. So unless someone has evidence proving otherwise, we can put that one to bed. I could be wrong. Things change.

Skyrocketing crime rate? There people have come here to work. They are ethical and honest people looking for work, not a “hand out”. Besides, what Republicans will ever go out and pick strawberries or nuts? It ain’t gonna happen.

Look at where the “real” crime is. Gangs selling drugs. Prostitution. Robbery. These people only come here to “make money” and then go back to Mexico. They aren’t interested in living here.

[​IMG]

So besides targeting the wrong people, where do Republicans have a point?

The illegal’s taking American jobs are building houses. Doing “roofing” and other kinds of construction. And they are not just “Mexican”. But also “Polish, Serbian, and other Eastern Europeans”. Then the question becomes, “Do Republicans really want to do that kind of work”? Or any work?

2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Is your "5%" as accurate as your "6%" of scientists?

3. Lonestar_logic

Lonestar_logic Republic of Texas

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,505
    5% is the portion of rdeans brain that is active.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,040
    Yeah what's the problem with illegals?

In Boston one of the illegal immigrants who provided money to the would be times square bomber got a hack license.

When he applied for the license, he wrote very clearly that he came into the country illegally.

The Boston cops and government didn't care. After all what kind of trouble could an illegal, terrorist funding Pakistani cause driving a cab to Logan airport, or under the prudential center or through the Ted Williams tunnel???

It seems Boston won't learn its lesson until terrorists setting up camp in Boston actually succeed in blowing something up and killing more Americans.

[youtube]pI3u7UDF1UI&feature[/youtube]

What’s The Worst That Could Happen? : The Natural Truth

5. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    Pay no attention to the illegal immigrants crossing our borders (illegally) unless Obama says so.

6. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,896
    To make fun of someone with his condition is outrageous....I mean uproarious.

7. industry7

industry7 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    My dad is a Republican, and he picks strawberries every year. He also does construction work like roofing too. Oh, and he doesn't even get paid for it. He does it b/c he doesn't see a point in paying someone else to do it for him.

More to the point though, you make a lot of assertions without providing evidence. So in that spirit, let's try this one. Mexicans don't come here to work, they come here so they can pop out a baby and give it a "free" government paid for education.

Or we could actually stick to the facts. First off, there's a reason we call it "illegal immigration". These people committed a crime just to get in here. So already they are increasing crime. Then, how do you suppose they get work? You need an SSN (or equivalent) to do that. So they're committing more crimes like fraud just to get a job (or tax evasion if they accept pay under the table, or a number of other crimes).

8. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,109
    How about this...

I don't care about the jobs aspect of the debate.

I care about the sovereignty of our boarders. I care that our laws concerning immigration are observed and enforced. I want our government to enforce those laws. I want our borders secured before there is any more discussion about "comprehensive immigration reform," or as I like to call it, another round of amnesty.

Every single person who has entered this country in a manner which circumvented our immigration laws is a criminal. There is no other way to describe them. Criminals. You can not truthfully argue that the majority are "law abiding," it is disingenuous, dishonest, and makes you look foolish.

Both Republicans and Democrats are to blame for the situation. Both parties are so desperate not to offend the Hispanic voter they avoid the issue like the plague. To hell with the laws and to hell with us.

9. Lonestar_logic

Lonestar_logic Republic of Texas

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,505
    The world didn't end when we lost out cotton pickers and I'm sure it won't end when we lose our strawberry pickers.

10. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,922
    It did for the confederates.