Republicans in Congress are getting concerned about Trump

Sandy Shanks

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2018
Republicans in Congress are getting concerned about Trump. It is not so much what they are saying. It is what they are not saying. In terms of defending the Republican President, their silence is deafening.

They have reason to be concerned. Yesterday, on the White House South Lawn Trump was asked specifically what he wanted Zelensky to do, and he responded:

"Well I would think that if they were honest about it they'd start a major investigation into the Bidens. It's a very simple answer. They should investigate the Bidens because how does a company that's newly formed -- and all these companies if you look at, and by the way likewise, China -- should start an investigation into the Bidens."

"Because what happened in China is just about as bad as what happened with Ukraine. So I would say that President Zelensky, if it were me, I would recommend that they start an investigation into the Bidens because nobody has any doubt that they weren't crooked."

Trump has never explained what happened in Ukraine or China. What are China and Ukraine supposed to investigate? This has Republicans a bit bewildered as well as concerned. What is the President talking about? He sounded unhinged, and virtually admitted to his guilt.

The same man says today, “I don’t care about Biden’s campaign, but I do care about corruption,” Trump told reporters. “I believe there was tremendous corruption with Biden ... we are looking at corruption, we are not looking at politics.”

Trump went as far as to insist “this is about corruption” or a close variant of that statement six times in less than 40 seconds, once again failing to define the corruption to which the Bidens were involved.

“Have you asked foreign leaders for any corruption investigations that don’t involve your political opponents?” CNBC’s Eamon Javers asked. Trump gave no answer.

Republicans are concerned about the apparent bipolar responses over a period of two days.

Recently, Trump told reporters, "I always cooperate." Keep in mind, when listening to Trump's statements, as of Aug. 5, he has made 12,019 false or misleading claims.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...as-made-false-or-misleading-claims-over-days/

Sure enough, Trump was lying again. Trump is planning to tell House Speaker Nancy Pelosi that they will not cooperate with the ongoing impeachment inquiry until the full House votes to authorize it, officials said today. The White House letter may go out Monday.

So, now Trump is telling the speaker of the house what to vote on. This has Republicans in Congress concerned.

In the meantime, how smart is it to let the opposition do all the talking? Trump refuses to allow current and former members of his administration to testify before Congress. Most of them will say nice things about Trump and protect him. The testimony of Corey Lewandowski comes to mind. Instead, Trump forbids them to testify and they are obeying his command.

Democrats in the House are not concerned. They will simply add another charge to the impeachment proposal -- obstruction of Congress -- and proceed with their witnesses who will tell the Democrats what they want to hear.

Trump is not intelligent enough to understand this.

This has Republicans in Congress quite concerned.

• Banned
Recently, Pompeo tried to defend Trump's July 25th phone call. He is caught between a rock and a hard place, defending Trump vs. his career. He sounded pretty ridiculous.

"And America tries to advance its interests around the world,” he said, adding, "It’s totally appropriate. Right? Isn’t that right?” Pompeo asked. “Yeah, it’s totally right.”

“Nations do this,” Pompeo said. “Nations work together and they say, ‘Boy, goodness gracious, if you can help me with X, we’ll help you achieve Y.’ This is what partnerships do. It’s win-win, it’s better for each of us.”

Only trouble is Trump wasn't talking about nations. He was talking about himself.

First, he brags up what the U.S. has done for Ukraine after blocking military aid to Ukraine days before the phone call. Zelensky then says Ukraine wants to buy Javelin missiles. Trump replied, "I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it."

Trump has set up the quid pro quo. First denying the military aid. Then saying how generous American can be. Then asking for a favor.

Pompeo was listening in on the phone, and he pretends he was oblivious to all this when he says, “We know exactly what we were doing there. We were trying to create a situation where it wouldn’t be a corrupt government. We wanted to make sure that they didn’t interfere in our election in 2016. (HUH?) We wanted to make sure that if we underwrote Javelin missile systems — something that the previous administration refused to do — we wanted to make sure that we were doing this with a government that was straight-up, and would use that money for the things that it said it would use that money for.”

The only problem is the only corruption Trump mentioned was corruption involving his political campaign.

Right after asking for a favor, according to the transcript sent by the White House, Trump says, "I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it."

Crowdstrike is a fallacious far right conspiracy theory suggesting Ukraine interfered in our 2016 election for the Democrats, not Russia for Trump. This is news to Americans who never heard from Ukraine during the election campaign, but Russia was deeply involved.

Crowdstrike was a rouse, a misdirection, and a common Trump tactic to hide his real purpose. Next he got down to the real purpose of the phone call.

First he tells Zelensky how his atorney general and personal lawyer can be of enormous help in the investigations. Then he says, "The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me."

He then adds, "I will have Mr. Giuliani give you a call and I am also going to have Attorney General Barr call and we will get to the bottom of it. I'm sure you will figure it out. I heard the prosecutor was treated very badly and he was a very fair prosecutor so good luck with everything."

The prosecutor was a Russian sympathizer, and the U.S., EU, and the IMF all wanted the prosecutor gone.

Crowdstrike and the Bidens were the only corrupation Trump mentioned.

We know exactly what we were doing there. We were trying to create a situation where it wouldn’t be a corrupt government.

Pompeo best reassess his priorities, or his political career is over. The worst mistake he can make is assume Americans are stupid.

Read the transcript of Trump's conversation with Volodymyr Zelensky - CNNPolitics

Pompeo defends phone call, saying Trump wanted to stop Ukrainian corruption

Republicans in Congress are getting concerned about Trump. It is not so much what they are saying. It is what they are not saying. In terms of defending the Republican President, their silence is deafening.

They have reason to be concerned. Yesterday, on the White House South Lawn Trump was asked specifically what he wanted Zelensky to do, and he responded:

"Well I would think that if they were honest about it they'd start a major investigation into the Bidens. It's a very simple answer. They should investigate the Bidens because how does a company that's newly formed -- and all these companies if you look at, and by the way likewise, China -- should start an investigation into the Bidens."

"Because what happened in China is just about as bad as what happened with Ukraine. So I would say that President Zelensky, if it were me, I would recommend that they start an investigation into the Bidens because nobody has any doubt that they weren't crooked."

Trump has never explained what happened in Ukraine or China. What are China and Ukraine supposed to investigate? This has Republicans a bit bewildered as well as concerned. What is the President talking about? He sounded unhinged, and virtually admitted to his guilt.

The same man says today, “I don’t care about Biden’s campaign, but I do care about corruption,” Trump told reporters. “I believe there was tremendous corruption with Biden ... we are looking at corruption, we are not looking at politics.”

Trump went as far as to insist “this is about corruption” or a close variant of that statement six times in less than 40 seconds, once again failing to define the corruption to which the Bidens were involved.

“Have you asked foreign leaders for any corruption investigations that don’t involve your political opponents?” CNBC’s Eamon Javers asked. Trump gave no answer.

Republicans are concerned about the apparent bipolar responses over a period of two days.

Recently, Trump told reporters, "I always cooperate." Keep in mind, when listening to Trump's statements, as of Aug. 5, he has made 12,019 false or misleading claims.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...as-made-false-or-misleading-claims-over-days/

Sure enough, Trump was lying again. Trump is planning to tell House Speaker Nancy Pelosi that they will not cooperate with the ongoing impeachment inquiry until the full House votes to authorize it, officials said today. The White House letter may go out Monday.

So, now Trump is telling the speaker of the house what to vote on. This has Republicans in Congress concerned.

In the meantime, how smart is it to let the opposition do all the talking? Trump refuses to allow current and former members of his administration to testify before Congress. Most of them will say nice things about Trump and protect him. The testimony of Corey Lewandowski comes to mind. Instead, Trump forbids them to testify and they are obeying his command.

Democrats in the House are not concerned. They will simply add another charge to the impeachment proposal -- obstruction of Congress -- and proceed with their witnesses who will tell the Democrats what they want to hear.

A fake narrative float by you.

You must work for the 'secret police'.

"Good job, I must say, by Bob Woodward on “Deface the Nation.” The CBS no name host(ess), and other guest, Peter Baker of The Failing New York Times, were totally biased, boring and wrong (as usual), but Woodward was cool, calm and interesting. Thank you Bob!" - Trump

The post is so typical of the left these days, sadly based on wishful thinking. People are living (dying) under tarps in the House Speaker's district and winter is coming. Do democrats have any other agenda except playing Banana Republic politics?

trump-derangement-syndrome-mental-hospital-sign.jpg

LOLz. Republicans are "worried" because dems are so weak they won't even vote on impeachment.

Good one!

The post is so typical of the left these days, sadly based on wishful thinking. People are living (dying) under tarps in the House Speaker's district and winter is coming. Do democrats have any other agenda except playing Banana Republic politics?

Nope!

I don't understand why these worthless leftist traitors feel the need to start new threads to spew their lies and marxist bullshit when, in fact, there are plenty of other worthless leftist traitor threads already out there. Post your regurgitated garbage in one of those.

I don't understand why these worthless leftist traitors feel the need to start new threads to spew their lies and marxist bullshit when, in fact, there are plenty of other worthless leftist traitor threads already out there. Post your regurgitated garbage in one of those.

They are not efficient.

A fake narrative float by you.

You must work for the 'secret police'.

That narrative has been confirmed by Kurt Volker and in the texts he brought to Congress.

I'm concerned to

paois7j2tvq31.jpg

I watched the Sunday morning talk shows, Republicans in Congress still support Trump.

AP article says, "WASHINGTON (AP) — The combative White House letter vowing to defy the “illegitimate” impeachment inquiry has actually put President Donald Trump on a more certain path to charges. His refusal to honor subpoenas or allow testimony would likely play into a formal accusation against him.

"The letter sent to House leaders by White House Counsel Pat Cipollone Tuesday evening declared the president would not cooperate with the investigation — a clear reason, Democrats say, to write an article of impeachment charging him with obstruction.

"The White House insists that a formal House vote is necessary just to start the impeachment process. But Democrats are moving ahead without one, confident for now that they are backed by the Constitution and Trump’s own acknowledgements of trying to persuade a foreign government to investigate a political foe."

In a word, desperation, Trump is guilty of breaking federal law and the White House lawyers know it. So, they dance around it with political B.S. The White House asking the House to vote on the impeachment of the President is pure lunacy.

Where are Trump's supporters? Nothing to say? Yeah, supporters of Trump have a real problem, and there are more disasters on the horizon for Trump. China has lowered its expectations for progress on trade talks, and Trump surrendered to the Turks with disastrous results. Both are serious national security problems created entirely by Trump along with asking a foreign power to intervene in our Presidential election.

Trump is a walking, talking disaster.

AP article says, "WASHINGTON (AP) — The combative White House letter vowing to defy the “illegitimate” impeachment inquiry has actually put President Donald Trump on a more certain path to charges. His refusal to honor subpoenas or allow testimony would likely play into a formal accusation against him.

"The letter sent to House leaders by White House Counsel Pat Cipollone Tuesday evening declared the president would not cooperate with the investigation — a clear reason, Democrats say, to write an article of impeachment charging him with obstruction.

"The White House insists that a formal House vote is necessary just to start the impeachment process. But Democrats are moving ahead without one, confident for now that they are backed by the Constitution and Trump’s own acknowledgements of trying to persuade a foreign government to investigate a political foe."

In a word, desperation, Trump is guilty of breaking federal law and the White House lawyers know it. So, they dance around it with political B.S. The White House asking the House to vote on the impeachment of the President is pure lunacy.

Where are Trump's supporters? Nothing to say? Yeah, supporters of Trump have a real problem, and there are more disasters on the horizon for Trump. China has lowered its expectations for progress on trade talks, and Trump surrendered to the Turks with disastrous results. Both are serious national security problems created entirely by Trump along with asking a foreign power to intervene in our Presidential election.

Trump is a walking, talking disaster.

You keep telling yourself that but don't let your wet dream wake you up too early. You might miss the best part. However, odds are it's going to turn into a nightmare just like all the others have.

To hear Trump say, "I care about corruption" caused me to laugh so hard at his blatant hypocrisy I nearly split my sides open. :lol:

I knew it was bullshit before I read it.

What's the point of testifying if their testimony is secret except for the parts that Schiff for Brains chooses to leak?

Forum List

Back