Republicans financial fantasy land

Obama doubled the national debt without lowering taxes. That dipshit added more to the debt than all previous presidents COMBINED.

Why do you lemmings keep repeating this lie?

Only one President has every doubled the national debt and that was Reagan, and he came pretty darn close to tripling it.

The national debt went up 87% under Obama, just slightly more than the 86% it went up under Bush II.
How much did it go up under Clinton?

32% if I remember correctly.
Bill Clinton added $1.396 trillion,

Bush one added $1.55 trillion

Reagan added $1.86 trillion

Not all that far apart...

but Clinton gets a pass?

Again, looking at just total dollars is incorrect as the value of the dollar is fluid.

Also, Bush I did that in just 4 years, the rest had 8. I think that is rather substantial.

Reagan added 180% (roughly) while Clinton added 32%, not all that close at all.

nice try, but logic fail. dollars added is the only accurate measure.

Obama doubled the national debt without lowering taxes. That dipshit added more to the debt than all previous presidents COMBINED. That is called mismanagement, or was it an attempt to destroy the nation that he and his wife hated so much? History will decide.
Obama went in with an economy completely blown to smithereens by the GOP. He handed Trump record stock market numbers and a strong economy.

Bullshit. From his first day in office Obama tried to destroy our economy, our culture, our heritage, and our constitution. He and his wife hated this country and were determined to punish it for what they saw as its racist past.

Worst president in history is too kind for obama
All wrong of course. 8 years of stability after Dubya fucked the economy and sent troops to die for nothing, and you lose your mind. LOL

stability? WTF, highest unemployment numbers since the 1930s, more on welfare and in poverty than ever before, more on food stamps than ever before, a terrible healthcare bill, weakened military, bowing to Saudi kings and Japanese emperors. Obama was a terrible president
Yes, republicans completely tanked the economy. I already mentioned that. Thank God a Democrat was able to come in and right the ship. Btw, hundreds of thousands more people out of the work force since Trump came in. How’s that for unemployment? :rolleyes:

if true it would be bad, but its not true. Why cant you libs ever be truthful?

Obama doubled the national debt without lowering taxes. That dipshit added more to the debt than all previous presidents COMBINED. That is called mismanagement, or was it an attempt to destroy the nation that he and his wife hated so much? History will decide.
Obama went in with an economy completely blown to smithereens by the GOP. He handed Trump record stock market numbers and a strong economy.

Bullshit. From his first day in office Obama tried to destroy our economy, our culture, our heritage, and our constitution. He and his wife hated this country and were determined to punish it for what they saw as its racist past.

All wrong of course. 8 years of stability after Dubya fucked the economy and sent troops to die for nothing, and you lose your mind. LOL

you live in a fantasy land full of bullshit left wing talking points and lies.

but we do agree that the Iraq war was a stupid waste of lives and money----------but remember both parties voted to authorize and fund it.
Only one doubled down and called people traitors who wanted to end it. I’ll bet a million dollars you voted for Dubya twice. Or threw your vote away on a 3rd party, basically a vote for Dubya.

I really hate the bull shit lie that a 3rd party vote is a vote for which every party a person does not like. There is no reason we need to be a two party country expect that people like you have been brainwashed into thinking that is the case

but we do agree that the Iraq war was a stupid waste of lives and money----------but remember both parties voted to authorize and fund it.
Only one doubled down and called people traitors who wanted to end it. I’ll bet a million dollars you voted for Dubya twice. Or threw your vote away on a 3rd party, basically a vote for Dubya.

Yes I did, because Gore or Kerry would have been much worse. I am not a bushie, and I wish we did not always have to vote against someone rather than for someone. But that's the way its been for a long time.
You voted to continue the Iraq war. Thousands more died for nothing because of your vote. Go ahead and spin yourself in circles trying to justify it, trash.

Obama doubled the national debt without lowering taxes. That dipshit added more to the debt than all previous presidents COMBINED.

Only one President has every doubled the national debt and that was Reagan, and he came pretty darn close to tripling it.

The national debt went up 87% under Obama, just slightly more than the 86% it went up under Bush II.

but Clinton gets a pass?

Again, looking at just total dollars is incorrect as the value of the dollar is fluid.

Also, Bush I did that in just 4 years, the rest had 8. I think that is rather substantial.

Yes, lets play with percentages, because that makes our spendrifts look better than their spendrifts.

30+ years ago Ronald Reagan sold America on the idea that if we just lower taxes (mostly for the 1%) the resulting economic growth would pay down the deficit, Result: The deficit grew...a lot! Bush 41 came along and told America the same lie, Result: The deficit grew...a lot! Bush 43 came along with the Bush tax cuts, promising the same economic growth and deficit reduction, Result: The deficit grew...a lot!. Does anyone notice a pattern here??? Lowering taxes is not going to produce enough $$ to pay them. Now Trump and Co. is selling this same old trickle down garbage. Why do Republicans insist in living in this financial fantasy land??

Trump's shiny tax-cut plan has a $1.5 trillion problem

No, Trump’s Tax Cuts Won’t Pay for Themselves
cinemagraph_tissue.gif

but Clinton gets a pass?

That is just dumb, a dollar in 1980 was worth way less than a dollar today. You cannot compare straight dollars over long periods of time. Anyone that understand even elementary math would know this.

A $1000 in 1980 is worth more than $3000 today

30+ years ago Ronald Reagan sold America on the idea that if we just lower taxes (mostly for the 1%) the resulting economic growth would pay down the deficit, Result: The deficit grew...a lot! Bush 41 came along and told America the same lie, Result: The deficit grew...a lot! Bush 43 came along with the Bush tax cuts, promising the same economic growth and deficit reduction, Result: The deficit grew...a lot!. Does anyone notice a pattern here??? Lowering taxes is not going to produce enough $$ to pay them. Now Trump and Co. is selling this same old trickle down garbage. Why do Republicans insist in living in this financial fantasy land??

Reagan's tax cuts actually resulted in an income/wealth disparity in which the top earners paid more a % of taxes and the lesser earners a lesser %.

The Reagan Tax Cuts: Lessons for Tax Reform

And while tax receipts increased from 80-88, they did so slower than spending.

The real somparison would be between this and W's tax cuts. And there's no comparison to spending under Obama, because we had crashing revenue with a recession, followed by a return to the size of the deficits before the recession.

You can find the budget tables here.

Historical Tables

Obama continued the Bush tax cuts, so they are the bush/Obama tax cuts. If they were so bad, why did Obama continue them?[/QUOTE}

Already answered. Look at the tables
Already answered. Look at the tables.

I really hate the bull shit lie that a 3rd party vote is a vote for which every party a person does not like. There is no reason we need to be a two party country expect that people like you have been brainwashed into thinking that is the case
Okay. Good luck gifting Trump your Jill Stein vote in 2020 :rolleyes:

Well, if he hasn’t been removed yet.

Okay. Good luck gifting Trump your Jill Stein vote in 2020 :rolleyes:

Well, if he hasn’t been removed yet.

Jill Stein! Don't make me puke! I

Tell us specifically what they did that changed the outcome of our election. Where did they do it? whose votes were changed? How many were changed? which states EC count was affected? by how much?

What Russia did was launch a propaganda campaign that swamped and targeted certain states (and even certain races) with deliberately false misinformation intended to sow divisions in the country while bolstering support for their kompromat, Trump and the GOP.

Propaganda works, particularly on low-info and low-intellect voters like those who vote Conservative.

That's why companies spend billions on advertising.

Obama continued the Bush tax cuts, so they are the bush/Obama tax cuts. If they were so bad, why did Obama continue them?

Obama let the Bush Tax Cuts on the wealthy expire at the end of 2012. When he did, every single Conservative predicted the sky would fall, the market would crash, unemployment would spike, and the deficit would grow.

They were wrong about all of it. So since they were wrong then, why the fuck would they be right today?

Yes I did, because Gore or Kerry would have been much worse. I am not a bushie, and I wish we did not always have to vote against someone rather than for someone. But that's the way its been for a long time.
You voted to continue the Iraq war. Thousands more died for nothing because of your vote. Go ahead and spin yourself in circles trying to justify it, trash.

since I am not a member of congress, your post is asinine.

Reagan's tax cuts actually resulted in an income/wealth disparity in which the top earners paid more a % of taxes and the lesser earners a lesser %.

The real somparison would be between this and W's tax cuts. And there's no comparison to spending under Obama, because we had crashing revenue with a recession, followed by a return to the size of the deficits before the recession.

Historical Tables

Obama continued the Bush tax cuts, so they are the bush/Obama tax cuts. If they were so bad, why did Obama continue them?[/QUOTE}

I get it, you love Obama and hate Bush. I understand your position. Its totally stupid, but I understand it.

Obama continued the Bush tax cuts, so they are the bush/Obama tax cuts. If they were so bad, why did Obama continue them?

Obama let the Bush Tax Cuts on the wealthy expire at the end of 2012. When he did, every single Conservative predicted the sky would fall, the market would crash, unemployment would spike, and the deficit would grow.

They were wrong about all of it. So since they were wrong then, why the fuck would they be right today?

Do you understand that you cannot cut taxes for people that don't pay taxes? The plan being discussed in congress now, increases the tax rates on the top 5% and reduces them for the middle class. The poor pay zero already, soooooooooooooooooooooo

Tell us specifically what they did that changed the outcome of our election. Where did they do it? whose votes were changed? How many were changed? which states EC count was affected? by how much?

What Russia did was launch a propaganda campaign that swamped and targeted certain states (and even certain races) with deliberately false misinformation intended to sow divisions in the country while bolstering support for their kompromat, Trump and the GOP.

Propaganda works, particularly on low-info and low-intellect voters like those who vote Conservative.

That's why companies spend billions on advertising.

and you know Russia did that? How do YOU know? How did they send this propaganda? Was the release of the evidence of corruption in the DNC and the Clinton campaign part of the "propaganda"?

Next, why would Russia prefer a president that they could not control (Trump) over one that they could blackmail into doing exactly what they wanted (Hillary) ?

you are repeating talking points that have been proven false. Do you live under a rock?

but Clinton gets a pass?

That is just dumb, a dollar in 1980 was worth way less than a dollar today. You cannot compare straight dollars over long periods of time. Anyone that understand even elementary math would know this.

very true. however, inflation does not make 1.5 Trillion under Bush or Clinton equal 9 trillion under Obama.

but Clinton gets a pass?

very true. however, inflation does not make 1.5 Trillion under Bush or Clinton equal 9 trillion under Obama.

That is true

Historical Tables

I get it, you love Obama and hate Bush. I understand your position. Its totally stupid, but I understand it.

See, we can agree on something, both Obama and Bush II sucked something awful, nothing redeeming about either one of their time in office.

Do you understand that you cannot cut taxes for people that don't pay taxes? The plan being discussed in congress now, increases the tax rates on the top 5% and reduces them for the middle class. The poor pay zero already, soooooooooooooooooooooo

You guys all said that if Obama let the Bush Tax Cuts expire for the wealthy, the sky would fall.

You were all wrong about all of it.

So why the fuck would you be right today?

Forum List

Back