Republicans and Independents say No

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Republicans and Independents polled overwhelmingly say NO to Obamacare.

80% of Republicans oppose health care reform and 66% of Independents oppose health care reform. Overall, 54% are opposed to health care reform.

54% Say Passing No Healthcare Reform Better Than Passing Congressional Plan - Rasmussen Reports™

This strong dissaproval against attempted Obamacare and the Democrat leadership's willingness to fight for it is now spilling over into Congressional election battles. Former Pennyslvania Republican turned Democrat Senator Arlen Specter, who until just recently held comfortable leads against his Republican rival Pat Toomey, now trails Toomey by a growing margin, a decline that began within days of Specter's public support of Obamacare and his flaccid performance during public heath care forums in his district.

Toomey now leads Specter 48% to 36%.

Election 2010: Pennsylvania Senate Election - Rasmussen Reports™

barryhussein's idea for health reform, is the old pillow trick ,like he used on his white granny!!! he runs off to hawaii to visit with her,and she croaks the next day!!! wonder if rahmbo or alxelrod assisted??

As Americans begin to open their eyes and take a look at what the government is trying to do with health care reform, most are deciding it isn't in their best interest. All the lies, deceit, and half-truths are beginning to surface. I'll bet a case of beer that before Christmas this will be a dead issue as it stands right now.

Most people would like to see some sort of health care reform but something that makes sense and not rammed down their throats. What's the big rush? It is something that this country has needed for a good long time. Waiting a bit longer for something that makes sense wouldn't hurt. Why not put together a plan, publically debate it on tv and then let the American people vote on it during a special election? What could be more fair than that?

You guys are funny! Rasmussen? Talk about trolls for the far, far ultrarightards.

Go tell it on the mountain.

Health care reform is coming, and you can't stop it.

Political polls are for sheep. They are meant to manipulate and herd the party loyalist sheep. Screw the polls.

This guy is on the right track:

John Mackey: The Whole Foods Alternative to ObamaCare - WSJ.com

I think what he's talking about is half of the solution, the costs half that's missing from the proposals now. But it doesn't address availability of coverage for issues like pre-existing conditions, nor does it give smaller employers who do not currently offer health insurance (like mine) any incentive to do so.

As for what's next, I hope it's re-regulating the financial industry in a way that makes sense.

None of which dismesses the fact that Obamacare has proven an enormous failure for Obama and his Democrats.

He over-extended, has lost considerable political points, and now must move to restore his own credibility within his own party - to say nothing of the American people.

This guy is on the right track:

John Mackey: The Whole Foods Alternative to ObamaCare - WSJ.com

I think what he's talking about is half of the solution, the costs half that's missing from the proposals now. But it doesn't address availability of coverage for issues like pre-existing conditions, nor does it give smaller employers who do not currently offer health insurance (like mine) any incentive to do so.

As for what's next, I hope it's re-regulating the financial industry in a way that makes sense.

When I worked for small companies that didn't offer health insurance, I was able to get my own insurance for my family from a large carrier like Blue Cross Blue Shield for $500-$750/month. Since I was making about $10-20k more than I would've made at a larger company, the trade-off was worth it.

Forum List

Back