Republican to sue Obama over immigration enforcement changes

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
Report: Steve King Will Sue Over New Obama Immigration Policy | TPM Livewire

Rep. Steve King plans to sue the Obama administration over its decision to stop deporting illegal immigrants under 30 who entered the U.S. as children, the Iowa Republican said Friday.

King called into Mike Huckabee’s radio program to discuss his plan to sue, according to the Daily Caller. King’s spokeswoman did not immediately respond to TPM’s request for comment.

In a statement earlier Friday, King accused Obama of “planning to usurp the Constitutional authority of the United States Congress and grant amnesty by edict to 1 million illegal aliens.”

:clap2:

Report: Steve King Will Sue Over New Obama Immigration Policy | TPM Livewire

Rep. Steve King plans to sue the Obama administration over its decision to stop deporting illegal immigrants under 30 who entered the U.S. as children, the Iowa Republican said Friday.

King called into Mike Huckabee’s radio program to discuss his plan to sue, according to the Daily Caller. King’s spokeswoman did not immediately respond to TPM’s request for comment.

In a statement earlier Friday, King accused Obama of “planning to usurp the Constitutional authority of the United States Congress and grant amnesty by edict to 1 million illegal aliens.”

:clap2:

If I didn't know you I'd have to ask which part you're clapping for. :lol:

The Constitution is clear, Congress not the President has the authority power and control on who is and is not allowed in the Country.

King is playing into Obamas hands

The President has drawn a line in the sand and Rebublicans cant help showing what side they are on

The President has drawn a line in the sand and Rebublicans cant help showing what side they are on

Republicans are on the side of legal immigration, clearly obama favors illegal immigration.. now that's a fact.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Republicans are on the side of legal immigration, clearly obama favors illegal immigration.. now that's a fact.

790274.jpg

79018a.jpg

Republicans act so dumb around election time

Obama set them up and they jumped at the bait

Democrats act so tyrannical around election time whoring for votes.

They pull their crap and then we have to slap them back to reality.

Democrats act so tyrannical around election time whoring for votes.

They pull their crap and then we have to slap them back to reality.

Stand by for calls of racism and 'heartlessness'...

I kinda think the GOP should take a back seat on this issue for the moment. Any suit will extend beyond the election thus possibly fruitless. In the mean time it could polarize part of the nation against any opposition Romney may and should put up. Let Romney run with this ball and at the same time let Obama sink himself.

Calculated risk I know, but thats how I would handle it.

I kinda think the GOP should take a back seat on this issue for the moment. Any suit will extend beyond the election thus possibly fruitless. In the mean time it could polarize part of the nation against any opposition Romney may and should put up. Let Romney run with this ball and at the same time let Obama sink himself.

He needs to be challanged on this. It's time for spines against this narcissistic human parading as a leader.

He needs to be challanged on this. It's time for spines against this narcissistic human parading as a leader.

While I dont see an upside for America in this plan I do see a possible downside if the GOP mucks it up like they did with the contraceptive issue. Best to tread lightly least we run out of steam and get left behind. After all this precident holds no real power once Obama is gone. So we risk damaging our cause for years over a situation that may end in 6 months anyhow.

We just need to be cautious least we be percieved to be anti minority and on a which hunt.

While I dont see an upside for America in this plan I do see a possible downside if the GOP mucks it up like they did with the contraceptive issue. Best to tread lightly least we run out of steam and get left behind. After all this precident holds no real power once Obama is gone. So we risk damaging our cause for years over a situation that may end in 6 months anyhow.

We just need to be cautious least we be percieved to be anti minority and on a which hunt.

I don't dispute your caution...but still a stand has to be made. Obama is circumventing the Congress...and that light has to be shone.

Forum List

Back