Republican Calls Equal Pay For Women ‘A Nuisance’ That Should Be Repealed

Tell me, if this act was so great, why didnt it fix the problem?

The problem it set out to fix was that women dicked out of fair pay for decades had no legal recourse. Now they do. I fail to see how that fails to fix the problem.

Why are you still complaining about unfair pay? Wasnt this act designed specifically to address that? And if it doesnt address it, whats the point of the legislation?

You're clearly unfamiliar with what the act was designed to do. I'd suggest you go do your homework and only then open your big mouth.

As I was saying. Why are you still complaining about the problem if the act was designed to fix it. It either fixed it or it didnt. If it fixed it. Great. If not, then what is the point of the act?
Has outlawing murder "fixed the problem"?

The law was designed to help combat the issue. It's not a magic wand.

Tell me, if this act was so great, why didnt it fix the problem? Why are you still complaining about unfair pay? Wasnt this act designed specifically to address that? And if it doesnt address it, whats the point of the legislation?

It looks good on paper and gets good press for the democrats.
Other than that, it's waste of time.
We already have anti discrimination laws in place.
This is redundancy.

The fair pay act is simply put, a way for women to sue their employeers when they dont recieve equal pay. Most states have a similar law on the books, but some have unreasonable time frames or other issues.

The GOP didn't support the act, not because they hate women, but IMO because the act includes some groups that they would rather leave out.

It's incorrectly named, but of course, that was intentional as we all know. So that ignorant idiots like Dean can go around making assinine accusations about those that voted against it or didn't agree with it. The unreasonable time frame was in the bill, which is why it shouldn't have been passed. They voted against it because it goes against reason and common sense.

Well that's what politics is about. I've seen plently of bills from both sides that have a shiny name so they can beat their opponet over the head with it.

There were several bills that dems put forward where they specificly included special interest groups, knowing the GOP wouldn't sign with those included.

*shrug* it was a way to score political points, that's obvious.

Wow, Republicans don't support "fair pay". Who knew?

But they do support BP:

Subpoena power in BP oil spill investigation blocked by Senate Republicans

And they support "subsidies" for oil companies:

Republicans Block Attempt to End Oil Subsidies

And they support a LOT more in military spending:

Romney Pledges to Increase U.S. Military Spending - Businessweek

Too bad they don't support women or the middle class. I guess we're not people. Not like corporations.
There is no such thing as "fair" pay...Stop making up things.
As for the rest of your post...Bullshit deflection and obfuscation. How many other subjects do you want to produce in one post?

Back to pay...The law is equal pay for equal work.
This piece of legislation does nothing but help plaintiff's attorneys.
One thing...This is quite an amusing law. It places a very heavy burden on the plaintiff in that they must PROVE their pay was lower JUST BECAUSE and only JUST BECAUSE they are female. It's a piece of shit. But it sounds real good when mentioned in a campaign speech.
If I were sued under this nonsense, I would have my attorney let the plaintiff know that I intend to litigate this well into the retirement years of both the plaintiff and her lawyer. In other words, you are not getting a dime.

The fair pay act is simply put, a way for women to sue their employeers when they dont recieve equal pay. Most states have a similar law on the books, but some have unreasonable time frames or other issues.

The GOP didn't support the act, not because they hate women, but IMO because the act includes some groups that they would rather leave out.

It's incorrectly named, but of course, that was intentional as we all know. So that ignorant idiots like Dean can go around making assinine accusations about those that voted against it or didn't agree with it. The unreasonable time frame was in the bill, which is why it shouldn't have been passed. They voted against it because it goes against reason and common sense.

Your points are almost null due to the fact that you are not showing respect for the OP. Also there is a problem about equal pay(and benifiets) for women. Is the lilly act the thing that will get the job done? NO but only because it does not go far enough, also I need to point out that doing nothing(repubs.) is infact very telling. Being a party of NO(or absence of ANY plan) on subjects like is very very disturbing.

I'm trying to debate. So tell me why women don't deserve equal pay and I'll tell you why I think they do.

Obama doesn't want to pay women equal pay.

Women paid significantly less in Obama White House than their male counterparts | Mail Online

Did you bother to read the article? Of the top 20 highest paid, 6 were women. It's one thing to pay women for equal work, which they are obviously doing. It's another to put women into positions simply because she's a woman. To come to the conclusions you are attempting to come to, you would have to look at job applications, education, experience and a host of other qualifications.

Remember, EQUAL pay for EQUAL work. No one is saying women can't do the work, but at the same time, men don't have babies. And I'm not complaining about babies. Babies are a good thing. Democrats like to take care of them, especially AFTER they are born. Democrats don't believe in "let them die" or "starve the poor".

Yep sounds good. So what constitutes EQUAL and where is proof then that women don't get paid EQUAL pay for EQUAL work? Also Dems don't want to take care of any babies. They want to keep them in poverty and voting Dem. They are doing a good job of it the last few years.

The problem it set out to fix was that women dicked out of fair pay for decades had no legal recourse. Now they do. I fail to see how that fails to fix the problem.

Why are you still complaining about unfair pay? Wasnt this act designed specifically to address that? And if it doesnt address it, whats the point of the legislation?

You're clearly unfamiliar with what the act was designed to do. I'd suggest you go do your homework and only then open your big mouth.

As I was saying. Why are you still complaining about the problem if the act was designed to fix it. It either fixed it or it didnt. If it fixed it. Great. If not, then what is the point of the act?

The purpose of the act was to rest the 180 statute of limitations on filing civil lawsuit for pay discrimination everytime a paycheck is issued, rather than with only the first paycheck. That's exactly what the bill set out to accomplish and that's exaclty what it does. I fail to see why you can't get this through your brain. Are you a moron or something?

But they do support BP:

Too bad they don't support women or the middle class. I guess we're not people. Not like corporations.
As for the rest of your post...Bullshit deflection and obfuscation. How many other subjects do you want to produce in one post?

One thing...This is quite an amusing law. It places a very heavy burden on the plaintiff in that they must PROVE their pay was lower JUST BECAUSE and only JUST BECAUSE they are female. It's a piece of shit. But it sounds real good when mentioned in a campaign speech.
If I were sued under this nonsense, I would have my attorney let the plaintiff know that I intend to litigate this well into the retirement years of both the plaintiff and her lawyer. In other words, you are not getting a dime.

I don't know if you have a job. From your post it's difficult to tell.

Most companies today that have a fairly large number of people working there standardize. There are pay grades depending on the job. There are educational and experience requirements. Even the number of vacation days depends on the number of years you worked there. Companies discourage workers discussing their pay. So it's no surprise that Lilly Ledbetter could work at a tire company for years and then discover upon retiring that she was paid much less than men who had exactly the same job as her.

And by the way, there are more than 3,000,000 jobs available that are unfilled because people don't have the skills. So companies import immigrants. Republicans, by cutting education and job training programs, are making sure Americans will never get those jobs.

And don't you guys dare pretend you don't know Republicans are cutting education and jobs training. It's one if the issues this election is about. And you thought it was just race.

No...It extends the time where a person who feels they may have been underpaid due to their gender to file a suit.
It does nothing else.
Filing the suit is just one step. It offers no guarantee of financial windfall.
From here, the most pervasive problem regarding employment and wages is age discrimination. It is insidious. And because it is not politically sexy, no one wants to do anything about it.
This gender pay issue pales in comparison, In fact relative to ageism, it's a flyspeck..
And if anyone thinks that means "grey and wrinkled, guess again. It's like 50 years old and you're done.

No...It extends the time where a person who feels they may have been underpaid due to their gender to file a suit.
It does nothing else.
Filing the suit is just one step. It offers no guarantee of financial windfall.
From here, the most pervasive problem regarding employment and wages is age discrimination. It is insidious. And because it is not politically sexy, no one wants to do anything about it.
This gender pay issue pales in comparison, In fact relative to ageism, it's a flyspeck..
And if anyone thinks that means "grey and wrinkled, guess again. It's like 50 years old and you're done.
numbers plz

But they do support BP:

Too bad they don't support women or the middle class. I guess we're not people.

Dean?.....are you a Female?....

But they do support BP:

Most companies today that have a fairly large number of people working there standardize. There are pay grades depending on the job. There are educational and experience requirements. Even the number of vacation days depends on the number of years you worked there. Companies discourage workers discussing their pay. So it's no surprise that Lilly Ledbetter could work at a tire company for years and then discover upon retiring that she was paid much less than men who had exactly the same job as her.

And by the way, there are more than 3,000,000 jobs available that are unfilled because people don't have the skills. So companies import immigrants. Republicans, by cutting education and job training programs, are making sure Americans will never get those jobs.

And don't you guys dare pretend you don't know Republicans are cutting education and jobs training. It's one if the issues this election is about. And you thought it was just race.

Cutting education and job training? Please elaborate. Explain what those terms mean. Give specifics.
How does one "cut" education? How does one "cut" job training?...
On what planet are you? What possible incentive would anyone have to insure foreign workers get jobs instead of Americans? Where do you get this shit from?
Are you implying that Americans are less skilled than the run of the mill immigrant?
You are posting like a person who is angry and simply lashing out at whomever is within reach.Are you stating that without federal subsidies, NO ONE can get an education or train for a skill to perform a job?..
Now, please answer the questions above.

Cutting education and job training? Please elaborate. Explain what those terms mean. Give specifics.
How does one "cut" education? How does one "cut" job training?...
On what planet are you? What possible incentive would anyone have to insure foreign workers get jobs instead of Americans? Where do you get this shit from?
Are you implying that Americans are less skilled than the run of the mill immigrant?
You are posting like a person who is angry and simply lashing out at whomever is within reach.Are you stating that without federal subsidies, NO ONE can get an education or train for a skill to perform a job?..
Now, please answer the questions above.

How do you cut education? Simple. Reduce funding to Pell grants and student loans.

But they do support BP:

oh boy:rolleyes:

Your points are almost null due to the fact that you are not showing respect for the OP. Also there is a problem about equal pay(and benifiets) for women. Is the lilly act the thing that will get the job done? NO but only because it does not go far enough, also I need to point out that doing nothing(repubs.) is infact very telling. Being a party of NO(or absence of ANY plan) on subjects like is very very disturbing.
You wrote..."there is a problem about equal pay(and benifiets) for women"..
Can you give specific examples of this "problem"..
How far should a lawsuit law go? Should the burden of proof be reversed? Would THAT make you happy?
There is law in place already. This law extends the time a suit can be brought.
The thing is, other than extend time, it does nothing else. Fortunately, the burden of proof is still on the plaintiff.
This thread is a piece of crap.
This is a non-issue. Unless of course you are a plaintiff's para...I mean attorney.

Yup.

They want "special" consideration.

If a lefty says they are "battling" discrimination, you can be certain they are promoting it.

If they call someone "Hitleresque" it is because they want to de-sensitize people to the nazi policies they hold dear.

Whatever they say or accuse people of, you can be certain they are doing it themselves.

I love how rdean expects me to take that "equal pay" act at face value.....maybe libtards will, but I'd like to see some details.
I mean it's like the jobs bill....we need to pass it to create jobs...this from people who not only have never created jobs, but dont even understand what a job is....

Forum List

Back