Republican Budget-Cut Plan Would Cost 700,000 Jobs

The GOP is counting on fewer jobs and increased deficit. Makes it easier to run against Obama in 2012.

Republican Budget-Cut Plan Would Cost 700,000 Jobs, Zandi Says - Bloomberg

House Republicans’ $61 billion budget-cutting plan would cost 700,000 jobs, according to a report likely to inflame the debate over the U.S. government deficit.

The measure would reduce real economic growth this year by 0.5 percentage points and by 0.2 percentage points next year, resulting in 700,000 fewer jobs by the end of 2012, said Mark Zandi, chief economist for Moody’s Analytics. He said budget- cutters should wait until the U.S. economy is stronger, saying Republicans “would be taking an unnecessary chance with the recovery.”

“Significant government spending restraint is vital, but given the economy’s halting recovery it would be counterproductive for that restraint to begin until the U.S. is creating enough jobs to lower the unemployment rate,” Zandi said.
<more>

700,000 ? Tha'ts all ? As Tim Cain once said " we could do Better ".

Also, I really hope the Republicans invest the entirety of their 2012 ad spending in ones telling people how teachers, firefighters, soldiers, and cops are bunch of deadbeats.

but ive been told there are no jobs out there given the meddling of Obama and his spending...

Why the double speak?

You guys confuse me with your wanting it both ways. Either you are a prude or a whore, cant be both.

Sure you can. A prudish whore wont let you put it in there butt. :9:

The GOP is counting on fewer jobs and increased deficit. Makes it easier to run against Obama in 2012.

House Republicans’ $61 billion budget-cutting plan would cost 700,000 jobs, according to a report likely to inflame the debate over the U.S. government deficit.

The measure would reduce real economic growth this year by 0.5 percentage points and by 0.2 percentage points next year, resulting in 700,000 fewer jobs by the end of 2012, said Mark Zandi, chief economist for Moody’s Analytics. He said budget- cutters should wait until the U.S. economy is stronger, saying Republicans “would be taking an unnecessary chance with the recovery.”

“Significant government spending restraint is vital, but given the economy’s halting recovery it would be counterproductive for that restraint to begin until the U.S. is creating enough jobs to lower the unemployment rate,” Zandi said.
<more>

They inherited this mess....... :lol:

Yep from the Bush Admin :)

<more>

and??????

did you see the GAO report today? the worst kept secret in the world.

Apparently that year's worth of ranting from the GOP/conservatives that Obama and the Democrats were not focusing enough on jobs meant they weren't focusing enough on getting rid of jobs.

Government workers spend money which boosts the economy.

you clearly have never even attempted to learn basic economics.

Basic economics means that if you are running a deficit, you are creating jobs that wouldn't otherwise exist if you weren't borrowing that money and then putting it into the economy.

The problem with Republicans is, they have constantly dishonestly said that cutting spending and balancing the budget would help the economy, including the jobs situation.

That is false. Eliminating the deficit, all or in part, by cutting spending, is a job killer.

It may be a good thing to do, but don't pretend it's a job creator.

but you had no point, so how can you back at me?
Jesus your parents should be ashamed they had you.

I could say something about your parents and abortion, but I won't crawl as low you.

I suspect your gut won't let you crawl as low as lots of people.

sorry to burst you little bubble dear, but I weigh 15 pounds more today than what I did in high school. And all I will tell you is that was a long time ago.:lol:
now lets talk about your beer gut.

Apparently that year's worth of ranting from the GOP/conservatives that Obama and the Democrats were not focusing enough on jobs meant they weren't focusing enough on getting rid of jobs.

well, since we just spent somewhere between 220k to 600k per job that was "created" or "saved" by the stimulus, I'd day the bakery has run out of flour.

well, since we just spent somewhere between 220k to 600k per job that was "created" or "saved" by the stimulus, I'd day the bakery has run out of flour.

Then why did the GOP insist on an 800 billion dollar deficit exploding budget busting tax bill in December, as STIMULUS?

I could say something about your parents and abortion, but I won't crawl as low you.

sorry to burst you little bubble dear, but I weigh 15 pounds more today than what I did in high school. And all I will tell you is that was a long time ago.:lol:

Yeah, we know,

USMB is the most remarkable collection of slender and cute people in the history of social gatherings.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Then why did the GOP insist on an 800 billion dollar deficit exploding budget busting tax bill in December, as STIMULUS?

if I really have to explain what a transfer payment is, revenue forecasting and the like, well what can I say. you win.....

Yeah, we know,

USMB is the most remarkable collection of slender and cute people in the history of social gatherings.

never seen a picture of anyone on the board, so I couldn't speak to that. but you can apply what you said to me my dear. you know what they say about fine wine and age.:lol:

if I really have to explain what a transfer payment is, revenue forecasting and the like, well what can I say. you win.....

Don't insult my intelligence. That forum tactic was worn out circa 2004.

Give me a straight answer. Why did the GOP feel the need to add 800 billion to the deficit with another stimulus bill in December,

if they are opposed to stimulus bills, in principle, AND, if they are genuinely concerned with balancing the budget.

Yeah, we know,

never seen a picture of anyone on the board, so I couldn't speak to that. but you can apply what you said to me my dear. you know what they say about fine wine and age.:lol:

That is probably a blessing, on balance.

Forum List

Back