Replacing Teachers

After 4 (count 'em, four) years of stellar performance as a teacher, Mrs. H. was fired. Flat-out fired. Rather than being granted tenure.

She was replaced with another teacher who was related to another teacher. Who knew the principal.

Nepotism, cronyism, favoritism. It is rampant in the public school system.

Public schools- it's not what you know. It's who you know.

After 4 (count 'em, four) years of stellar performance as a teacher, Mrs. H. was fired. Flat-out fired. Rather than being granted tenure.

She was replaced with another teacher who was related to another teacher. Who knew the principal.

what?????

I thought it was impossible to fire a teacher :confused::confused:

Didn't the all powerful teachers union step in? :confused:

One of the worst causes of problems are the teacher's unions. School districts need to start flag refusing to negotiate with them (by refusal I mean meeting ANY of their demands - as I understand it, you must "negotiate" but that's all in appearances - if you refuse their demands, you're not actually negotiating).

There is simply no place for unions in anything government run.

Rott, how do you think kids are home schooled? Their lessons are delivered and tests taken online.

Well, not exactly. In most cases, a parent or other family member teaches them. And when that is not the case, and the classes are done online, that is usually done with a real, live teacher via web-conferencing.

This video was about computers replacing the teachers - not using them to interface with the same old teachers.

Forum List

Back