remembering why boycotting nestle is a moral obligation

blu

Sep 21, 2009
Corporate Crime and Violence

For centuries, these natural advantages allowed human breast milk to retain a monopoly in the infant food market. There was no competition because there was no need for an alternative - breast milk satisfied the needs of billions of babies and their mothers. Then came Henri Nestle.

We need to boycott Hershey for moving their manufacturing to Mexico.

I cannot boycott Nestle because of my addiction to Quick.

Infant formula is a processed food you know. So anybody who uses it is an abuser and their child WILL die of cancer, in all cases.

Right, blu?

:lol:

Infant formula is a processed food you know. So anybody who uses it is an abuser and their child WILL die of cancer, in all cases.

Right, blu?

:lol:

blu only wants everyone ELSE punished for using processed foods. You know.....blu is above all that.

Just like Pampers is a logical alternative instead of cloth diapers?

Easier is the key thought.

Easier almost always costs more.

Nope. From personal experience I know that not all women can produce enough milk to feed their baby(ies). I'm grateful there was an alternative.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Nope. From personal experience I know that not all women can produce enough milk to feed their baby(ies). I'm grateful there was an alternative.

Ohh I am not disputing that at all.
Plus there is the special formulas for other baby health issues. Lactose intolerant?

Just What % of new mothers does breastfeed their child?
That is my point.

Ohh I am not disputing that at all.
Plus there is the special formulas for other baby health issues. Lactose intolerant?

Just What % of new mothers does breastfeed their child?
That is my point.

I know bottle feeding was the norm when I was a kid and twenty years ago when I had my first, breast feeding was all the rage. Toady? I have no idea how many women breast feed vs. bottle feed.

I tried for several weeks with my oldest and when she went in for a checkup she had lost weight. Being a new mother I switched to bottle because I was worried. In hindsight I do wish I had stuck it out a little longer to see if things improved.

Prior to my son's birth I made the decision that I was going to breastfeed exclusively. <sigh> After three months of not only breastfeeding but also using a pump, I barely produced 3 oz. total. Uh, that would be about an ounce and a half from each side. He was supplemented during this time (he was only 4 lbs. 4 oz at birth) but . . . . I don't know my body just didn't work right I guess. I was never uncomfortable either, when I stopped at around the three month mark.

When the third was born I made up my mind to bottle feed her. Good thing, complications from the c-section made it impossible for me to breast feed her.

Gaaa, I hope this post wasn't tmi!

I would like Blu to post his entire week's caloric intake on here. Anyone who preaches that much must surely not eat ANY processed food.

Try having a pair of 2 1/2 month olds and getting a bad case of flu...I couldn't even be around them for almost a week. That was the year (or one of them) so many little kids were being hospitalized with RSV from that strain of flu. The local hospital with a PICU and the local childrens' hospital where we lived at the time were both so full they were transferring kids out to other states. No way was I going to risk that if it could be avoided.

Before formula the alternative was letting your baby starve, or finding somebody willing to wet nurse. And knowing what we know now about disease and other nasties that can be transferred in breast milk, no thank you. Or buy a goat....and a farm to keep it on. :lol:

Yep, glad there was an alternative.

I have a goat, that thing eats ANYTHING. Not sure how safe it's milk would be, if we did milk it, which we don't.

Forum List

Back