Remember these freebies from Congress?

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
I remember getting a check in May 2008 for $300 and another one for $250 in May 2009.

Bush to sign stimulus package Wednesday
The government hopes the package, which will send most Americans tax rebate checks by May, will either prevent a recession or make one relatively brief. (see correction below)
President said he's looking forward to signing $170 billion economic stimulus package passed last week by Congress. Consumers could see tax rebate checks by May.
February 11 2008:
The package also includes tax breaks for equipment purchases by businesses, as well as payments to disabled veterans and some senior citizens. The bipartisan measure moved through Congress at relative break-neck speed, going from initial discussions to enactment in less than four weeks.
"I really want to thank the Congress for getting this bill done," Bush said. "It's going to help deal with the uncertainties in this economy."
Bush signs stimulus package - Feb. 11, 2008

When Will I Receive My Stimulus Check?
Economic stimulus checks of $250 were sent to more than 52 million Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients in May 2009. If you did not receive your check, call 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) or contact your local Social Security office. For more information, see Social Security.
Who Received an Economic Stimulus Check

That Bush did a swell job!!!

a_red_headed_freckled_faced_boy_wearing_a_party_hat_and_blowing_a_horn_111225-032244-081053.jpg

Last edited:
Freebies? I guess if you don't pay any Fed taxes you would consider it a freebie. Of course its someone elses hard earned money but you could care less about that right?? Nothing is free.

If you do pay taxes its just you getting YOUR money back.

Freebies? I guess if you don't pay any Fed taxes you would consider it a freebie. Of course its someone elses hard earned money but you could care less about that right?? Nothing is free.

Depends on when you receive them. If under Obama they are "freebies" and "handouts" and Congress want to cut them. Under Bush they were to stimulate the economy that Bush fucked up. Now under Obama Conress want us to pay for them by cutting benefits we have already paid for. Unemployment insurance, food stamps, ObamaCare, social security and Medicare.

Government's money under Bush but hard earned taxpayers moeny under Obama? What got into the drinking water of Congress in 2008 and early 2009 that is no longer in it? So the economy WAS fucked up by Bush and passed on to Obama?

Obama took a recession and made it worse? Then you don't know how a recession works. You have to spend your way out of a recession. Bills have to be paid by either by borrowing or printing more money. Any way revenue has to be made. We lost revenue by the high unemployment and the two wars and tax cuts for the rich. "Spreading the wealth around" of others was acceptable under Bush?

Last edited:

Government's money under Bush but hard earned taxpayers moeny under Obama? What got into the drinking water of Congress in 2008 and early 2009 that is no longer in it? So the economy WAS fucked up by Bush and passed on to Obama?

Your an idiot. Its all taxpayer money earned by the taxpayers of this country and it makes no difference who's sitting in the WH. Its hardearned money that our Govt wastes like it grows on a tree.

All those programs you mentioned are entitlments that are breaking us.

As for Bush fucking up the economy your a double idiot. What happened was decades in the making and both parties are to blame. They both spend like drunken sailors.

You of course can live in your dreamworld where only one party is responsible but the rest of us know different.

I remember getting a check in May 2008 for $300 and another one for $250 in May 2009.

Bush to sign stimulus package Wednesday
The government hopes the package, which will send most Americans tax rebate checks by May, will either prevent a recession or make one relatively brief. (see correction below)
President said he's looking forward to signing $170 billion economic stimulus package passed last week by Congress. Consumers could see tax rebate checks by May.
February 11 2008:
The package also includes tax breaks for equipment purchases by businesses, as well as payments to disabled veterans and some senior citizens. The bipartisan measure moved through Congress at relative break-neck speed, going from initial discussions to enactment in less than four weeks.
"I really want to thank the Congress for getting this bill done," Bush said. "It's going to help deal with the uncertainties in this economy."
Bush signs stimulus package - Feb. 11, 2008

When Will I Receive My Stimulus Check?
Economic stimulus checks of $250 were sent to more than 52 million Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients in May 2009. If you did not receive your check, call 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) or contact your local Social Security office. For more information, see Social Security.
Who Received an Economic Stimulus Check

That is what got the Tea Party going. We were against that stupid shit even when Bush was POTUS.

Forum List

Back