Remember the promise to change the way Washington does business?

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Obama doesn't.

Telecom executive Donald H. Gips raised a big bundle of cash to help finance his friend Barack Obama’s run for the presidency.
Gips, a vice president of Colorado-based Level 3 Communications, delivered more than $500,000 in contributions for the Obama war chest, while two other company executives collected at least $150,000 more.
After the election, Gips was put in charge of hiring in the Obama White House, helping to place loyalists and fundraisers in many key positions. Then, in mid-2009, Obama named him ambassador to South Africa. Meanwhile, Level 3 Communications, in which Gips retained stock, received millions of dollars of government stimulus contracts for broadband projects in six states — though Gips said he had been “completely unaware” that the company had received the contracts.
More than two years after Obama took office vowing to banish “special interests” from his administration, nearly 200 of his biggest donors have landed plum government jobs and advisory posts, won federal contracts worth millions of dollars for their business interests or attended numerous elite White House meetings and social events, an investigation by iWatch News has found.

Top Barack Obama donors net government jobs - Fred Schulte, John Aloysius Farrell and Jeremy Borden -- iWatch News - POLITICO.com

Obama doesn't.

Telecom executive Donald H. Gips raised a big bundle of cash to help finance his friend Barack Obama’s run for the presidency.
Gips, a vice president of Colorado-based Level 3 Communications, delivered more than $500,000 in contributions for the Obama war chest, while two other company executives collected at least $150,000 more.
After the election, Gips was put in charge of hiring in the Obama White House, helping to place loyalists and fundraisers in many key positions. Then, in mid-2009, Obama named him ambassador to South Africa. Meanwhile, Level 3 Communications, in which Gips retained stock, received millions of dollars of government stimulus contracts for broadband projects in six states — though Gips said he had been “completely unaware” that the company had received the contracts.
More than two years after Obama took office vowing to banish “special interests” from his administration, nearly 200 of his biggest donors have landed plum government jobs and advisory posts, won federal contracts worth millions of dollars for their business interests or attended numerous elite White House meetings and social events, an investigation by iWatch News has found.

Top Barack Obama donors net government jobs - Fred Schulte, John Aloysius Farrell and Jeremy Borden -- iWatch News - POLITICO.com

Another in a long list of LIES told to us...

With Goldman Sachs being the madman Obama's number #1 political contributor, what idiot didn't realize that it would be business as usual? = Oh that's right, All the sheoplized morons who voted for him. ~BH

obama-victory.jpg

With Goldman Sachs being the madman Obama's number #1 political contributor, what idiot didn't realize that it would be business as usual? = Oh that's right, All the sheoplized morons who voted for him. ~BH

its actually GE's CEO jeff immelt, but close.

its actually GE's CEO jeff immelt, but close.

El wrongO bro. Unless you know something that I don't? At the same time, that's just the contributions that we all know about. Plus, We got the University of California as number 1#, but nothing close to the power that Goldman Sachs have. ;) ~BH

Top Contributors to Barack Obama | OpenSecrets

Last edited:
Obama doesn't.

Same promise I think every president since Washington has made.
I remember the promises Bush made when tunning the first time.
Being against the USA being the police force of the world, against nation building, changing the way washington does business, culture of corruption, cutting spending, etc.

ok uscitizen, so that makes it "ok" the whole "everyone else lied so i can too!" logic makes it all ok? Have some standards...

So where are the lefties? Not much to dispute I guess.

= Wondering what happened to their pipe dream of CHANGE! LMAO! I love it. The dunce madman Obama has continued Bush's wars, started a few others, raped the Constitution, Bankrupted America, killed the private sectors jobs with regulation, sent guns to Mexico, implanted international banking puppets into his cabinet, given Russia and Red China rim jobs, Turned his back on our allies in Japan, topped George Bush in the open borders department during a joke on terra, and proved himself to be just another robot slave of the powers that be. He's a fraud. He was groomed for this by them. And all the stupid sheople fell for his bullshit. Like ***** Vader said, "All too easy". ~BH

Obama doesn't.

Being against the USA being the police force of the world, against nation building, changing the way washington does business, culture of corruption, cutting spending, etc.

Wait until we get to the Republicans campaigning again in the next year and a half. "I will change things in Washington... by changing Presidents and doing the same shit as the last forty-three fuckers."

There's a few things I'm happy with that Obama's done, but it's not enough to make him an above average president in my eyes. He's not a shitty president, neither was Bush. He's certainly not this messiah figure people have made him out to be. I still think he's done a better job than McCain would have... unless it was the McCain of 2000.

Obama has been a major disappointment for all but the most die-hard kool-aid drinkers. Few will defend him now, unless the economy picks up or he wins another Nobel Peace Prize.

And even then, it will take a vote against the likes of Palin for him to get my vote again.

All things being equal I'll be supporting a 3rd party sacrificial lamb.

:eusa_shifty: Makes you wonder if the day after inauguration, 'they' don't sit a new president down in The Oval Office and explain how things are run.
(Ass-u-me-ing, of course that 'they' didn't get 'their' man elected.)

Last edited:

Yep nothing to dispute, this president is not doing much that the past dozen or so have not done.

Just fun to watch the partisan hackery though.
Kinda like weiner showing his pic on the net thing :)

Obama doesn't.

I know you never believed the "Hope and Change" that Obama sold half the country, but I like to rub some people's nose in the fact that Obama is no different than any president before him. Or after.

Forum List

Back